• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Cowboys/Packers smack talk thread

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking all 32 NFL secondaries this season

Hmmm intesresting :whistle: Keep on hating on the cowboys secondary you will find out soon enough.

1. Dallas Cowboys (Rank entering Week 7: 4)
Top overall grade: S Barry Church, 86.2 (No. 9 among safeties)

Top coverage grade: CB Morris Claiborne, 85.1 (No. 12 among CBs)

Top run-defense grade: S Barry Church, 86.0 (No. 11)

Most snaps: CB Brandon Carr, 1,013

One of the biggest reasons for the Cowboys’ success this season has been the turnaround of the secondary. After having just one defensive back with an above-average coverage grade last season, all eight players with at least 100 snaps in 2016 earned average or above-average overall and coverage grades. Although they lack an elite-caliber player, this group has played consistently well as a unit. Byron Jones, Barry Church, Morris Claiborne, and J.J. Wilcox have all earned career-high overall and coverage grades this season, while rookie Anthony Brown has played well down the stretch in Claiborne’s absence.

Was this pro football focus? Do you have the most updated version? Damn them for charging money for stats.

It didn't surprise me that our safeties were rated high and Gunter has been excellent vs OBJ, Hopkins and Julio Jones. Now with our secondary gaining health I assume their score should be better than 28th. I thought they would be ranked 32nd honestly.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants also lost DRC that game. Regardless I think Dallas will do a little better job on offense which will help keep the defense fresh.

Packers lost Jordy which means the same CB's would still have to cover Cobb, Allison, and Janis while Adams would face their best CB.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and this they put out for free

Edit. This is the most up to date version I believe

Thanks, I'll see if I can acquire an updated free version. It's the internet so it's going to end up somewhere.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DALLAS COWBOYS and Pack........They've played 34 times........are 17 and 17 against each other.(playoffs included)

In the regular season game.......The BOYS had 191 yards rushing vs Pack
And more importantly.....the Pack had 4 turnovers.........Hope that trend continues

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DALLAS COWBOYS and Pack........They've played 34 times........are 17 and 17 against each other.(playoffs included)

In the regular season game.......The BOYS had 191 yards rushing vs Pack
And more importantly.....the Pack had 4 turnovers.........Hope that trend continues

Pack have been much better with ball security and go through drills every week to put emphasis on it. They've been +17 over the last 7 weeks. Much of that has to do with Rodgers not having int's and no fumbles while the safeties and CB's have been jumping routes or catching overthrows more.

I can't believe it's 17-17. I think the Pack's series vs the Bears was a tie as well this year.

Dom Capers has said the number job of the defense is to stop the run so he better to a much better job this week and earn his top salary on Sunday. I normally trust him more vs the run than the pass but Dal has an elite run blocking O-line.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is done.

I read it on this very site.

What more needs to be said?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a Cowboys fan hahaha. He's saying this to cover all bases and is just trolling at this point. He still hates TT with a passion. Well, Brett you shouldn't have retired so don't have sour grapes for TT.

Brett Favre is a Cowboys fan??

link please

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a Cowboys fan hahaha. He's saying this to cover all bases and is just trolling at this point. He still hates TT with a passion. Well, Brett you shouldn't have retired so don't have sour grapes for TT.
If Brett is a Cowboys fan then why did he say he will always be a Packers fan?

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for eff sake dude - he was still in college

Rodgers always dreamed of being a Niner - does that mean he is a Niners fan

He went back to rooting for his boys after he retired. In a GB vs Dal matchup he wants dal to win.

Yes I know Rodgers wanted to be a Niner but he's a professional now and just like Favre Hello he has to play to win the game. Although Rodgers has struggled vs his former fav team as Favre did.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brett is a Cowboys fan then why did he say he will always be a Packers fan?

More lies to cover up his hatred he holds to the Packers, TT and Rodgers. This guy is a media whore and will say anything for attention and to get the fans to still like him. He will act like he's on the Packers/Rodgers bandwagon but in reality I highly doubt that's the case. I find him very insincere just like when he was clapping for the thing Katlin Jenner

favr.gif

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went back to rooting for his boys after he retired. In a GB vs Dal matchup he wants dal to win.

Yes I know Rodgers wanted to be a Niner but he's a professional now and just like Favre Hello he has to play to win the game. Although Rodgers has struggled vs his former fav team as Favre did.

you know, you have to be one of the most bipolar posters on this site

on one hand, some of your posts are well thought out and informational, then in a blink of an eye, you'll say the earth is flat and try to offer proof as such

brilliance to beer fart in a manner of minutes - quite like my golf game to think of it

keep it real brother and maybe more will take you seriously :suds:

Reactions: GNG

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know, you have to be one of the most bipolar posters on this site

on one hand, some of your posts are well thought out and informational, then in a blink of an eye, you'll say the earth is flat and try to offer proof as such

brilliance to beer fart in a manner of minutes - quite like my golf game to think of it

keep it real brother and maybe more will take you seriously :suds:

Thanks for the initial compliment I guess. I do admit I like to have a bit of fun sometimes. However, in this instance Favre's hatred towards TT, and Rodgers is well chronicled. That's why I don't take much of what he says as sincere when he talks about them and the Pack. Is there a chance he's being honest? Sure, but I just doubt it due to his recent history. I feel like it's something he will never get over and I can understand that since he was an all time great legend and he felt like he was kicked off the team. I would have sour grapes too. I will always love and hate Favre.

:suds:

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the initial compliment I guess. I do admit I like to have a bit of fun sometimes. However, in this instance Favre's hatred towards TT, and Rodgers is well chronicled. That's why I don't take much of what he says as sincere when he talks about them and the Pack. Is there a chance he's being honest? Sure, but I just doubt it due to his recent history. I feel like it's something he will never get over and I can understand that since he was an all time great legend and he felt like he was kicked off the team. I would have sour grapes too. I will always love and hate Favre.

:suds:

just because he hates a few of the people doesn't necessarily translate to hating the organization

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they need to stop the run and in the first game through half time they did that at like 50 yards to Elliot but if the defense goes out an extra 4 times a game when the Packer offense could have moved the ball and possibly scored it can wear a defense down late in the game allowing more rushing yards against as what actually happened in the second half.

Dallas had 90+ yards at half... so Packers really did not have good run defense in either half.

Packers have been very good not turning the ball over recently, that will have to happen again on Sunday if they want to win.