• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2016 NBA Draft Thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any of those players better than Russell?

Murray probably. Dunn maybe.

Then 3 extra guys.

So yes, the 4 of them are far superior and seemingly all have matured brains

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray probably. Dunn maybe.

Then 3 extra guys.

So yes, the 4 of them are far superior and seemingly all have matured brains

Don't worry, I doubt there's any truth in that rumour so you can sleep soundly tonight!

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they have Mudiay and Harris.

But, Heild or Jamal Murray would be a perfect back court mate for Emmanuel.....Valentine too if healthy.

They have Jokic, Manimal, Wilson Chandler, Will Barton, Nurkic and Gallo in the frontcourt.

Maybe they think they can make a run if healthy?

Harris and Mudiay both struggle with shooting the 3 ball and do not really compliment one another on the court. Mudiay is a good finisher at the rim his shooting and ability to create off the dribble is lacking. Harris is a good defender but is not great at finishing at the rim or shooting the 3 as i previously stated. Faried needs to come off the bench but he has no offensive game outside of put back dunks and alley oops. I honestly believe we should trade Faried and move jokic or nurkic to the four and keep one at the 5 probably jokic because he has the athletic ability to play the four. Wilson and Gallo are always hurt which is why draft a young wing like levert (i know he is a 2) would be good because they can get limited minutes and develop off the bench. Heild or jamal murray would be perfect for Mudiay my only fear is murray is turnover prone just like mudiay and that could be a recipe for disaster.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris and Mudiay both struggle with shooting the 3 ball and do not really compliment one another on the court. Mudiay is a good finisher at the rim his shooting and ability to create off the dribble is lacking. Harris is a good defender but is not great at finishing at the rim or shooting the 3 as i previously stated. Faried needs to come off the bench but he has no offensive game outside of put back dunks and alley oops. I honestly believe we should trade Faried and move jokic or nurkic to the four and keep one at the 5 probably jokic because he has the athletic ability to play the four. Wilson and Gallo are always hurt which is why draft a young wing like levert (i know he is a 2) would be good because they can get limited minutes and develop off the bench. Heild or jamal murray would be perfect for Mudiay my only fear is murray is turnover prone just like mudiay and that could be a recipe for disaster.

I am a Levert fan. Had he not been injured, he'd go in the top half of the draft.

You could go with whoever falls to #7 between Buddy, Murray, Brown, Bender.

Best guy available at #15 and then take Levert at #19.

That's very high for Caris. But, hell...you've got 3 picks.

I think Valentine , if healthy, Buddy are the best fits for the Nuggets.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Levert fan. Had he not been injured, he'd go in the top half of the draft.

You could go with whoever falls to #7 between Buddy, Murray, Brown, Bender.

Best guy available at #15 and then take Levert at #19.

That's very high for Caris. But, hell...you've got 3 picks.

I think Valentine , if healthy, Buddy are the best fits for the Nuggets.

I am a michigan state fan so i watched levert and i would be fine with him at 19 but no higher. No to bender absolutely no to bender. I am good with buddy or murray at 7 and Valentine at 15 would be nice. Add another spartan to the mix.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a michigan state fan so i watched levert and i would be fine with him at 19 but no higher. No to bender absolutely no to bender. I am good with buddy or murray at 7 and Valentine at 15 would be nice. Add another spartan to the mix.

Dude, Bender has bust written all over him. So, I am with you..lol

I think Valentine will be available at #15.

He's getting flagged by Teams because of that knee.

As a Nuggets fan, I'd be overjoyed to get Valentine and either Buddy/Murray.

That would open up the floor for Manimal and Mudiay.

But, I think your Team might be dealing picks/players on Thursday.
Good luck :suds:.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Bender has bust written all over him. So, I am with you..lol

I think Valentine will be available at #15.

He's getting flagged by Teams because of that knee.

As a Nuggets fan, I'd be overjoyed to get Valentine and either Buddy/Murray.

That would open up the floor for Manimal and Mudiay.

But, I think your Team might be dealing picks/players on Thursday.
Good luck :suds:.

I honestly think Bender is going to be a really, really good player. He has some weaknesses, like his interior scoring and post defense, but with some added weight he'll be able to do some great things. For a guy 7'1" he's extremely athletic and is a terrific passer with a good handle. But the reason I don't think he'll be a bust is because he has a really high motor. He's constantly going 100% all the time, which is a good indicator that he's going to work out in the NBA. If you have that sort of skill set, with that motor, at worst he'll be a low end starter. At best, he could become a beast.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Bender is going to be a really, really good player. He has some weaknesses, like his interior scoring and post defense, but with some added weight he'll be able to do some great things. For a guy 7'1" he's extremely athletic and is a terrific passer with a good handle. But the reason I don't think he'll be a bust is because he has a really high motor. He's constantly going 100% all the time, which is a good indicator that he's going to work out in the NBA. If you have that sort of skill set, with that motor, at worst he'll be a low end starter. At best, he could become a beast.

So did Mark Madsen :behindsofa:.

It terrifies me to see these Euro guys that don't average 10ppg get picked so high.

I have read that his Team had a dysfunctional management issue this year and that they hid him to keep his stock low.

So, maybe I'm being unfair?

But, I'd pass.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Mark Madsen :behindsofa:.

It terrifies me to see these Euro guys that don't average 10ppg get picked so high.

I have read that his Team had a dysfunctional management issue this year and that they hid him to keep his stock low.

So, maybe I'm being unfair?

But, I'd pass.

In Europe.. guys that are under the age of 18 have minute restrictions.. typically only about 10 mins per game. Thats why there stats kinda suck

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 5 pick is a bench sitter? Gorgui?

Shit Shabazz is a solid glue guy on most teams much less the dogshit Lakers.

You met @dougplayer? You two would be a real treat of stupidity for us all to enjoy

Lakers have buckets of money to spend this summer, don't need to trade away a top asset to fill out depth. Sure, the #5 would be nice, but not as nice as having Russell.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Levert is missing that in-between game, which is probably hurting his stock as much as his injury. He could be solid value in the 2nd round though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers love Dunn. Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to get back into the top 5. But that's way to much for Russell IMO.

Just like the Lakers supposedly loved Okafor last year. One thing about the Lakers; if you're hearing a rumor, it's almost never true. The Lakers are pretty stealthy with their moves. One thing that is a decent predictor is a good workout by a 2nd round prospect could be a sign of their intent later in the draft, like with Nance last year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that, thanks for the info :suds:

They are also professional franchises, especially someone at the level of Bender's team Maccabi Tel Aviv, one of the top teams in Europe. The kids aren't given preferential treatment and have to earn their minutes over the vets.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any truth to the rumor of

Wolves: Russell

Lakers: 5 pick, Shabazz, Gorgui and Tyus

Please god no

I hope not. The only thing coming back to the Lakers that would be worth a shit is the #5 pick and maybe Dieng. The Lakers have the #2 pick and can get a better center in FA.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just searched for like 20 minutes for this damn thread before I realized it was sticky

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Suns offered the Jazz picks 4 and 13 for Hayward and the Jazz declined.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Suns offered the Jazz picks 4 and 13 for Hayward and the Jazz declined.

Kinda glad. Hayward is good, but I'd rather take my chances in the draft than trade two lotto picks for a borderline all star. Even if this is a weak class.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys were the Sixers, who would you give up for the #3 pick from Celtics

Okafor or Noel?