• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2016 NBA Draft Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever get what? The kid is 20 years old and has 1 season under his belt. Outside of the Swaggy P thing, he's had zero problems, he works hard in practice and as soon as the season was over, he was right back in the gym working on his game. He improved dramatically last year once Byron began starting him and had him playing consistent minutes. He's says he's going to play in the summer league, even though he doesn't have to.

What exactly does he "not get?"

I still don't get why Russell is taking the brunt of this Nick Young thing. Young bragged to a 19 year old kid about cheating on his fiance. Somehow, I think that trumps Russell leaking that info. Russell didn't ruin that relationship, he just prevented a marriage followed quickly by a divorce.

Russell isn't a problem in the locker room, Nick Young is. He's a buffoon and barely 1 dimensional player that is hopefully not part of this year's team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get why Russell is taking the brunt of this Nick Young thing. Young bragged to a 19 year old kid about cheating on his fiance. Somehow, I think that trumps Russell leaking that info. Russell didn't ruin that relationship, he just prevented a marriage followed quickly by a divorce.

Russell isn't a problem in the locker room, Nick Young is. He's a buffoon and barely 1 dimensional player that is hopefully not part of this year's team.

THANK YOU!!!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that'd be the key, keeping him healthy...

actually liked this kid coming outta Kansas, but he's definitely off to a rocky start in the NBA. hoping he DOES get healthy and stay that way so he can show everyone what he can really do...

Yeah if he can ever be healthy and 100% it's such a huge thing for the franchise. With the drafting of Simmons, a healthy Embiid(hopefully) and Saric coming over the Sixers are basically adding 3 top 10 picks. We also have picks 24 and 26 to provide depth. There should be a pretty good influx of talent coming in.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree.

I do get why he gets the brunt of the criticism. What is said/happens in the locker room is supposed to stay there. End of the day, he is responsible for that video getting out, even if he doesn't know how it happened. It was still his phone.

I do agree though, that this is on Nick Young as well. The best way for your fiancee to not find out you've been cheating on her...is to not cheat on her.

Russell also handled it as well as it could possibly be handled.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

I do get why he gets the brunt of the criticism. What is said/happens in the locker room is supposed to stay there. End of the day, he is responsible for that video getting out, even if he doesn't know how it happened. It was still his phone.

I do agree though, that this is on Nick Young as well. The best way for your fiancee to not find out you've been cheating on her...is to not cheat on her.

Russell also handled it as well as it could possibly be handled.

Plus, this is funny as hell:

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read the entire thread, but as it pertains to D'angelo Russell, I am not interested in seeing the Lakers trade him(unless it's some kind of blockbuster, but that won't happen). He had his moments last year where he was sloppy with the ball, but for the most part he proved that he could run the offense, and he proved that he could take over games. As for the nick young stuff, that's old news to me. Russell has FAR too much potential, to just trade him away after only one year

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say the same about Derrick Rose prior to this season.
Please stop. Rose was an MVP. Discussion over. IF you want to keep going u will look really bad. 2nd what does D. Rose have to do with any of this. We are talking about 76ers and what they should do.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree. Okafor is a defensive liability and slows down the offense. He is a horrible fit for a Walton-coached team. I would much rather have Noel of the two.
U didnt have walton last year. LOL U cant say that now. U need to think about last year and Okafor is the better player and will have the better Career.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can ever get healthy he's a game changer. His upside is better than Okafor IMO.
I just dont see it. Again my opinion. Thats like saying if Oden ever got on the court he would of been a game changer. As of right now he isnt nothing. I would take Okafor every day of the week.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever get what? The kid is 20 years old and has 1 season under his belt. Outside of the Swaggy P thing, he's had zero problems, he works hard in practice and as soon as the season was over, he was right back in the gym working on his game. He improved dramatically last year once Byron began starting him and had him playing consistent minutes. He's says he's going to play in the summer league, even though he doesn't have to.

What exactly does he "not get?"
I do agree he got better. Lakers need a leader on that team to help the Young kids out. Kobe was just there for his last season. Maybe they land someone in FA.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd start a separate thread to not get confused in the off-season thread.

Draft is on Thursday. Lots of teams looking to move picks.

For the Warriors, I have a couple of interesting thoughts on who they should draft. They could go a number of different routes based on who is available, but here is my wishlist:

1) Diamond Stone. After watching what happened to the Warriors, they could use a big who can rebound and more importantly provide some offense in the paint. He's got a great low post game and it could really help balance the team to have someone who can work around the hoop.

2) Caris Levert. Barnes is probably gone this off-season and Levert could be another wing player to help contribute. His strength and durability are a question, but his skill set fits what the Warriors like a glove. He can handle, shoot the 3 and defend multiple positions.

I have you guys for either the Vandy C Damon Jones or Providence PF Ben Bentil.