• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2016 NBA Draft Thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

I do get why he gets the brunt of the criticism. What is said/happens in the locker room is supposed to stay there. End of the day, he is responsible for that video getting out, even if he doesn't know how it happened. It was still his phone.

I do agree though, that this is on Nick Young as well. The best way for your fiancee to not find out you've been cheating on her...is to not cheat on her.

Russell also handled it as well as it could possibly be handled.

Strongly disagree.

Recording and sharing it wither others is NOT the best way to handle it.

you put yourself and your own personal amusment (lets assume it's less sinister right now) than the good of the team.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree. Okafor is a defensive liability and slows down the offense. He is a horrible fit for a Walton-coached team. I would much rather have Noel of the two.

Without question.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have you guys for either the Vandy C Damon Jones or Providence PF Ben Bentil.

Jones from Vandy is interesting but some say he may not be available at the time. Jones has upside, but Stone is a bit more polished so far and would be able to contribute right away, IMO. I also think Stone has a good amount of upside as well. If this were 10 years ago Stone would easily be a top 10 pick based on his size and ability.

Not a fan of Bentil at all. His best role is probably a 4, but I think his defense right now is highly suspect. Not saying he can't improve, but I think there are better options out there. I don't think his ceiling is very high and I'd rather take an absolute flier on a high risk player versus someone who tops out as a role player.

Also the Warriors drafted Looney last year who will likely be the back-up 4 for them next year if everything goes to plan.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones from Vandy is interesting but some say he may not be available at the time. Jones has upside, but Stone is a bit more polished so far and would be able to contribute right away, IMO. I also think Stone has a good amount of upside as well. If this were 10 years ago Stone would easily be a top 10 pick based on his size and ability.

Not a fan of Bentil at all. His best role is probably a 4, but I think his defense right now is highly suspect. Not saying he can't improve, but I think there are better options out there. I don't think his ceiling is very high and I'd rather take an absolute flier on a high risk player versus someone who tops out as a role player.

Also the Warriors drafted Looney last year who will likely be the back-up 4 for them next year if everything goes to plan.

Jones recent injury will likely to get to you.

Stone probably won't be able to guard anyone in today's nba.

While he can't space the floor, I have a high grade on Onuaku from Louisville.

Def a first round pick worthy player IMO and can be your next Ezeli for a rookie contract price.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones recent injury will likely to get to you.

Stone probably won't be able to guard anyone in today's nba.

While he can't space the floor, I have a high grade on Onuaku from Louisville.

Def a first round pick worthy player IMO and can be your next Ezeli for a rookie contract price.

Yeah Stone guarding in today's NBA could be a problem. The only reason I like him is because he brings something different to the Warriors. The Warriors need for an interior big in the finals was evident.

What are your thoughts on Zimmerman?
What about Uthoff?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Stone guarding in today's NBA could be a problem. The only reason I like him is because he brings something different to the Warriors. The Warriors need for an interior big in the finals was evident.

What are your thoughts on Zimmerman?
What about Uthoff?

Zimmerman is a little light right now.

And def not the post guy you're asking for. AT least not right away.

You're not likely to get many good post up guys that late in round 1.

I might go more unconventional and get another stretch big type and let someone like Green beat up on a wing down low more often.

Jones is probably the best fit right now IMO. i think he will get there.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop. Rose was an MVP. Discussion over. IF you want to keep going u will look really bad. 2nd what does D. Rose have to do with any of this. We are talking about 76ers and what they should do.

He's another player that hadn't seen the court for nearly 2 years and it was looking bleak. Embiid is very much relevant to any discussion concerning the 76ers future, was just pointing out that he shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U didnt have walton last year. LOL U cant say that now. U need to think about last year and Okafor is the better player and will have the better Career.

I disagree. Take a look at the advanced metrics. The Sixers were worse with Okafor on the floor than they were with him on the floor. People want to talk about Russell's off the court issues, but at least he wasn't getting into bar fights.

Okafor is a dinosaur of sorts. He's not a good fit for the new NBA, a plodding post player that doesn't defend well. Small ball is the future (for at least a little while anyway, lol). Lakers liked Russell more than Okafor and provided he continues to develop, I believe they made the right choice.

If Okafor is so great, where are all the teams biting on the Sixers' trade bait?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmerman is a little light right now.

And def not the post guy you're asking for. AT least not right away.

You're not likely to get many good post up guys that late in round 1.

I might go more unconventional and get another stretch big type and let someone like Green beat up on a wing down low more often.

Jones is probably the best fit right now IMO. i think he will get there.

I was hoping Jones would get to #32....but Zimmerman might be a good fall-back. I agree, he isn't a go-to post player, but he is a decent defender and has a solid midrange game. He could stretch that range to become a stretch big.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emphasis on former, as in a shadow of his former self
I'll just say it was a weird comparison considering Embiid has literally done nothing in the NBA, and leave it at that.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Jones would get to #32....but Zimmerman might be a good fall-back. I agree, he isn't a go-to post player, but he is a decent defender and has a solid midrange game. He could stretch that range to become a stretch big.

Yeah. he's a bit of a tweener, but at least he's not a plodder.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say it was a weird comparison considering Embiid has literally done nothing in the NBA, and leave it at that.

I'd rather the Celts go for embiid and covington than a guy like okafor.

Swing big Danny, swing big.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather the Celts go for embiid and covington than a guy like okafor.

Swing big Danny, swing big.
I'm sure. Unfortunately Okafor is probably the most expendable with the Sixers future shaping up as it seems to be.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure. Unfortunately Okafor is probably the most expendable with the Sixers future shaping up as it seems to be.

Then someone else can get Dunn.