• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: this is why I thought they should've traded him in the offseason. The deadline isn't a great time to trade a goalie and get a full return...not when said goalie has an expiring contract. Now they're hamstrung a bit. The teams that need him aren't likely playoff contenders, or at the very least have all the leverage.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curveball!

Desperately trying to make it seem like he's not available so a team that wants him pays more.

I think Miller is done in Buffalo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2/25/14: 8:15AM: Dreger believes that the St. Louis Blues are more focused on acquiring Ryan Callahan than Ryan Miller. (TSN 1050)

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2/25/14: 8:15AM: Dreger believes that the St. Louis Blues are more focused on acquiring Ryan Callahan than Ryan Miller. (TSN 1050)

I never did understand the Blues' desire to get a goalie. Halak and Elliott are just fine.

Washington, Minny, Winni and NYI should be looking. Maybe Nashville if Rinne isn't recovering. But not St Louis.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never did understand the Blues' desire to get a goalie. Halak and Elliott are just fine.

Washington, Minny, Winni and NYI should be looking. Maybe Nashville if Rinne isn't recovering. But not St Louis.

Agreed. Well I would imagine one of Halak/Elliott may go the other way in a trade or go elsewhere.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do think the Blues need Ryan Miller, he's a different breed of a goalie than Halak and Elliott - those two are good goalies and they've done well for them but it's something about the clutch factor or lack there of(I know Halak got deep with Montreal) - it just seems like those guys have had clunkers in big games way too often the last few years - not that Ryan Miller hasn't in his career, but with Ryan Miller you know you can start him every night and it is a good feeling for the rest of the team knowing you have a goalie who starts every night - I think the Blues would be wise getting Ryan Miller, considering how they've dropped the last two years in the playoffs - Ryan Callahan's a good player but I don't think they need him - they have plenty of forwards who can score and great defensemen - they need a stout number one goalie who they know can start every night

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12:51PM: “I didn’t believe that Callahan would be traded to a team that thinks it can contend in the East, with his current contract demands there is no chance that the Rangers will keep him. With Callahan, and I am hearing that the number is up near twoards $6.75 million over seven years, that the Rangers can not and will not go there.” (Nick Kypreos on HC @ Noon)
Doug MacLean says that everyone likes Callahan but he isn’t a $7 million dollar player. (HC @ Noon)
12:34PM: Craig Custane and Frank Provenzano looked at the top 25 trade targets and what it may cost to get them. (ESPN Insider)
Third on the list is Dan Girardi who Custance says would add a big boost to a team like the Capitals or the Bruins if Glen Sather is willing to trade within the division and conference.
  • Provenzano lists the price tag for Girardi as being a first round pick and a mid-level roster player.
Ryan Callahan is fifth on the list and Custance says Callahan showed what he can do during the Olympics.
  • Provenzano lists the price tag for Callahan as a fort round pick plus a NHL roster player
Provenzano is a former assistant GM for Washington (97-2004) and Dallas (2006-13).

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug MacLean says that everyone likes Callahan but he isn’t a $7 million dollar player. (HC @ Noon)

This is a day that will live on in our memories forever. The day Doug MacLean said something about hockey that was accurate.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a day that will live on in our memories forever. The day Doug MacLean said something about hockey that was accurate.

And he is in fact right. I wanna know what world Cally lives in where he believes he's worth 7M :noidea:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though you can't blame Cally for wanting 7 million per year - David Clarkson got 5+ and if Ryan Callahan is 150% better than Clarkson than by the numbers he probably could get 7 million from somebody + the cap is going up

But I agree that he's not worth that - but knowing teams in this league, somebody would probably do it

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he is in fact right. I wanna know what world Cally lives in where he believes he's worth 7M :noidea:

I am sure his agent went down capgeek and found everyone with seemingly disproportionately high salaries (for what they've contributed this year) and is comparing them to Cally:

Mike Cammaleri at 6m
Jordan Staal at 6m
Alex Semin at 7
Gaborik at 7.5
Heatley at 7.5
Nash at 7.8
Brad Richards at 6.6
Brent Burns at 5.7

I am sure Callahan and his agent both believe that he is better than all of them and brings more to the table. But what they are not considering is things like:

David Backes 4.5
Chris Stewart 4.1
Hossa 5.2
Patrice Bergeron 5
Horton 5.5
Ryan O'Reilly 5
Benn 5.2

Hell, Kesler is 5. Jagr is 2m TWO. You could have both of them for what Cally wants. Or Stewart and Jagr and have enough left over for Ryan Johansen (I know, ELC).

Cally is out of his mind. Just the second list above I would take every single one of those guys any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not often you hear mr sunshine and lollipops Kelly Hrudey shred a guy ... in the cesspool, just called Thomas Vaneks effort at the Olympics disgraceful and if he was a gm he wouldnt touch the guy

and his evaluation had nothing to do with the afterhours partying Vanek did

wow

just called Vanek "the lousiest out of the 300 players invited to play olympic hockey in sochi"

"he was playing not to get hurt ... mission accomplished"

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not often you hear mr sunshine and lollipops Kelly Hrudey shred a guy ... in the cesspool, just called Thomas Vaneks effort at the Olympics disgraceful and if he was a gm he wouldnt touch the guy

and his evaluation had nothing to do with the afterhours partying Vanek did

wow

just called Vanek "the lousiest out of the 300 players invited to play olympic hockey in sochi"

"he was playing not to get hurt ... mission accomplished"

Imagine if the Sabres hadn't matched that offer sheet and Vanek was on the Oilers roster...

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if the Sabres hadn't matched that offer sheet and Vanek was on the Oilers roster...

Oilers would be fucked even more - it'd be Vanek and a bunch of minor leaguers

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!! I can't help but laugh regarding Vanek. Austria had no shot at doing anything at the Olympics. Vanek didn't play great, big whoop. Nobody else on the team did either. Grabner had an okay tourney & that's about it.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure his agent went down capgeek and found everyone with seemingly disproportionately high salaries (for what they've contributed this year) and is comparing them to Cally:

Mike Cammaleri at 6m
Jordan Staal at 6m
Alex Semin at 7
Gaborik at 7.5
Heatley at 7.5
Nash at 7.8
Brad Richards at 6.6
Brent Burns at 5.7

I am sure Callahan and his agent both believe that he is better than all of them and brings more to the table. But what they are not considering is things like:

David Backes 4.5
Chris Stewart 4.1
Hossa 5.2
Patrice Bergeron 5
Horton 5.5
Ryan O'Reilly 5
Benn 5.2

Hell, Kesler is 5. Jagr is 2m TWO. You could have both of them for what Cally wants. Or Stewart and Jagr and have enough left over for Ryan Johansen (I know, ELC).

Cally is out of his mind. Just the second list above I would take every single one of those guys any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Hey, i'm with you and clearly i'm a Rangers fan and a Cally fan. What he's doing right now is playing himself right off a contender and right onto Buffalo. If he wants to go back up there to be close to home and rot for 7 years in the celler, so be it. Goes to show who cares about money and winning.