• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, i'm with you and clearly i'm a Rangers fan and a Cally fan. What he's doing right now is playing himself right off a contender and right onto Buffalo. If he wants to go back up there to be close to home and rot for 7 years in the celler, so be it. Goes to show who cares about money and winning.

Dont know about rotting, patrick kane might decide to go back home after next season.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, i'm with you and clearly i'm a Rangers fan and a Cally fan. What he's doing right now is playing himself right off a contender and right onto Buffalo. If he wants to go back up there to be close to home and rot for 7 years in the celler, so be it. Goes to show who cares about money and winning.

I like him as a player, he just doesn't put up enough points for that kind of money. If some team gives it to him good for him, but it would be just another bad UFA contract.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know about rotting, patrick kane might decide to go back home after next season.

I can't see that happening and i'm not sold on a Callahan/Kane foundation. That team will still be bad.

I like him as a player, he just doesn't put up enough points for that kind of money. If some team gives it to him good for him, but it would be just another bad UFA contract.

He doesn't, you're right. You want to demand Evgeni Malkin money, you better give me Malkin points. Not 40. But he does do everything else and he's one of our best defensive forwards and top penalty killers on the team and a fan favorite and most of all, our captain.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see that happening and i'm not sold on a Callahan/Kane foundation. That team will still be bad.

He doesn't, you're right. You want to demand Evgeni Malkin money, you better give me Malkin points. Not 40. But he does do everything else and he's one of our best defensive forwards and top penalty killers on the team and a fan favorite and most of all, our captain.

Do you think they'll trade him or keep him for a postseason run?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Difference being that Pat Kane has won two Cups already. Not that any player thinks "Ehh, I'm good...", but his priorities may be a little different than a guy who has yet to get to the conference finals (I think...unless he was on that '08 team and I'm forgetting).

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they'll trade him or keep him for a postseason run?

I think he eventually gets dealt. But, if he drops his price, I want nothing more than for him to stay. The guy is the heart and soul of the team, everything that represents being a NYR.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he eventually gets dealt. But, if he drops his price, I want nothing more than for him to stay. The guy is the heart and soul of the team, everything that represents being a NYR.

Okay, okay...how do you feel about a slightly used Beau Bennett? Actually no, that'd end up blowing up in the Pens face probably. Uhhh...Derrick Pouliot? Anyone not named Olli Maatta? WORK WITH ME HERE. Okay, last time I asked for a birthday present of a trade, Hossa showed up...so I'm doing it again the powers that be: I would like Ryan Callahan please. Thank you.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, okay...how do you feel about a slightly used Beau Bennett? Actually no, that'd end up blowing up in the Pens face probably. Uhhh...Derrick Pouliot? Anyone not named Olli Maatta? WORK WITH ME HERE. Okay, last time I asked for a birthday present of a trade, Hossa showed up...so I'm doing it again the powers that be: I would like Ryan Callahan please. Thank you.

Nope, only Maatta ;)

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

He may not be worth it when looking at the players as a whole but he's lucky to be available this offseason with the cap increasing so much. Every team is going to have an extra $7 mil to spend on players, with theoretically over $200 mil in extra money going to the fraction of players unsigned this offseason.

He's hit the jackpot and should be able to find a contract at $7 mil a year or more.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But in all honesty, I do like Bennett, but he's not an immediate impact and your first round pick isn't valuable since it will be in the 20's. If Cally is moved, IMO, will be for a forward who can step in right now into the top 6. Bennett, in the future probably can, just don't see it right now.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in all honesty, I do like Bennett, but he's not an immediate impact and your first round pick isn't valuable since it will be in the 20's. If Cally is moved, IMO, will be for a forward who can step in right now into the top 6. Bennett, in the future probably can, just don't see it right now.

With the Rangers in the thick of things, I'd be disappointed as a Rags fan if Cally didn't return a forward able to step in now. Bennett, if healthy, would fit that bill. Daggum wrists. I just hope that he's close to return. As much as I think Cally would fit the Pens needs perfectly, the teams aren't much of a match. Now, if Girardi AND Cally go (doubtful), we have plenty of defenseman and prospects you can choose from that aren't Maatta. I thought prior to the Martin injury that Despres was a goner, now I'm not too sure they'll want to trade away NHL ready talent on D. My request is that Shero holds onto all his draft picks, but that may not happen.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Rangers in the thick of things, I'd be disappointed as a Rags fan if Cally didn't return a forward able to step in now. Bennett, if healthy, would fit that bill. Daggum wrists. I just hope that he's close to return. As much as I think Cally would fit the Pens needs perfectly, the teams aren't much of a match. Now, if Girardi AND Cally go (doubtful), we have plenty of defenseman and prospects you can choose from that aren't Maatta. I thought prior to the Martin injury that Despres was a goner, now I'm not too sure they'll want to trade away NHL ready talent on D. My request is that Shero holds onto all his draft picks, but that may not happen.

Look, you know any deal that would involve G, starts with Maatta, whether you like it or not ;)

But, don't get your hopes up, Sather wont deal 1, let alone both to a division rivan ahead of us in the standings.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Sather trading Callahan to Pittsburgh, but you never know. Who thought James Neal & Niskanen would be dealt for Goligoski? Shero got Guerin for a 3rd round pick at the deadline the year they won the Cup. He got Iginla for virtually nothing at last years deadline. The Pens find a way to get guys for a lot less than they're worth.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Sather trading Callahan to Pittsburgh, but you never know. Who thought James Neal & Niskanen would be dealt for Goligoski? Shero got Guerin for a 3rd round pick at the deadline the year they won the Cup. He got Iginla for virtually nothing at last years deadline. The Pens find a way to get guys for a lot less than they're worth.

Such a bullshit deal that was. Sather isn't dumb when it comes to trades, not worried.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Garth has already turned down 1 serious offer for Vanek with 6 teams interested. If he blows this he better be TOAST!!

Who do you think made the serious offer?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger also said on TSN that there's a 99% chance Ryan Callahan gets moved