• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant believe st. louis cant get over this ... it wasnt all yzermans decision to not include him on the original olympic roster ... babcock didnt like his game for some reason (prob cause hes a midget )

me thinks yzerman quit as team canada gm 1 olympics too late

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw if rags get st louis ... will there still be plans to buy Brad Richards out this offseason using their compliance buyout or will they just reunite them and buyout Richards a couple years from now ?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw if rags get st louis ... will there still be plans to buy Brad Richards out this offseason using their compliance buyout or will they just reunite them and buyout Richards a couple years from now ?

*Rangers ;)

I don't think Richie will be bought out either way.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant believe st. louis cant get over this ... it wasnt all yzermans decision to not include him on the original olympic roster ... babcock didnt like his game for some reason (prob cause hes a midget )

me thinks yzerman quit as team canada gm 1 olympics too late

I guess it all depends on how it was handled behind closed doors. If Stevie said "I will make it happen for you" and failed to deliver. Or if Marty found out (as Jack Johnson did) by watching TV, those things can sting.

And maybe Marty is just tired of living in Florida. I can't imagine I'd be able to take it for a long time. Some people and some places just don't mix. Doesn't he live near NYC in the off season?

I am actually worried about what the relationship between Jack Johnson and Todd Richards is like now. I saw an Interview on TV last night where JJ said he went away and didn't pay much attention to the Olympics at all. Not sure I buy it, but he said it was good to clear his head and get focused.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it all depends on how it was handled behind closed doors. If Stevie said "I will make it happen for you" and failed to deliver. Or if Marty found out (as Jack Johnson did) by watching TV, those things can sting.

And maybe Marty is just tired of living in Florida. I can't imagine I'd be able to take it for a long time. Some people and some places just don't mix. Doesn't he live near NYC in the off season?

I am actually worried about what the relationship between Jack Johnson and Todd Richards is like now. I saw an Interview on TV last night where JJ said he went away and didn't pay much attention to the Olympics at all. Not sure I buy it, but he said it was good to clear his head and get focused.

MSL lives in Connecticut in the offseason and has always wanted to play towards the end of his career near it. example, us. He has made it known that we're the only team he will waive to be traded to.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RealKyper: Bolland seeking 7 or 8 yr Leafs extension that could max out over 40m. Is he worth it?

hes played 15 games for the leafs ... so i think the leafs should go for it :)

He completely failed when given a chance with good linemates last season and was essentially playing on the 4th line at the end of the year. One Stanley Cup winning goal and 15 good games and now half of Toronto thinks he's a two-way superstar.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSL lives in Connecticut in the offseason and has always wanted to play towards the end of his career near it. example, us. He has made it known that we're the only team he will waive to be traded to.

Having a one team list doesn't exactly strengthen your trade request. If I were the Lightning I'd probably just keep him.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He completely failed when given a chance with good linemates last season and was essentially playing on the 4th line at the end of the year. One Stanley Cup winning goal and 15 good games and now half of Toronto thinks he's a two-way superstar.

So you're saying a 10 year 75 MM deal is likely

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman does decide to move St. Louis, where are the best fits for both team and player? These teams (in no particular order) make most sense:

1. New York Rangers. St. Louis holds a full no-trade clause, giving him control of his destination in a deal. And because he makes his off-season home in Connecticut, the Blueshirts are rumored to be his first, and perhaps only choice. Rangers captain Ryan Callahan’s name is most prominently mentioned, but the pending unrestricted free agent would need to agree to a contract extension first, and there would likely need to be a draft pick or prospect added to the pot to make the deal palatable for Yzerman.

2. Los Angeles Kings. The Kings have for months been rumored to be on the hunt for offense and St. Louis certainly would help in that regard. L.A. GM Dean Lombardi doesn’t shy away from these types of moves in mid-season and with his team fighting for their playoff lives, a shake-up of significant proportions could be in order.

3. Pittsburgh Penguins. The Penguins’ organizational coffers have been depleted in recent years by GM Ray Shero’s wheeling and dealing, but don’t kid yourself: Shero will always have interest in a veteran winner such as St. Louis, who is only under contract for next season and might be more amenable to playing outside of Manhattan if he knew he were playing on a line with Sidney Crosby. Shero may need to get a third team involve to satisfy Yzerman’s demands, but again, don’t think he’s not capable of doing so.

4. Philadelphia Flyers. You can’t speak of teams seemingly forever in the mix for the league’s top players without mentioning Ed Snider’s Flyers. St. Louis’ former Lightning colleague Vincent Lecavalier now plays in Philly, which isn’t all that far from the greater New York City area. The Flyers also usually throw caution to the wind – at least, compared to most teams – when it comes to making big plays on the trade front. Remember, few believed Lecavalier would be a Flyer, either.

Are St. Louis? days with Bolts numbered? If so, here?s four places he could be traded | Post-to-Post

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman does decide to move St. Louis, where are the best fits for both team and player? These teams (in no particular order) make most sense:

1. New York Rangers. St. Louis holds a full no-trade clause, giving him control of his destination in a deal. And because he makes his off-season home in Connecticut, the Blueshirts are rumored to be his first, and perhaps only choice. Rangers captain Ryan Callahan’s name is most prominently mentioned, but the pending unrestricted free agent would need to agree to a contract extension first, and there would likely need to be a draft pick or prospect added to the pot to make the deal palatable for Yzerman.

2. Los Angeles Kings. The Kings have for months been rumored to be on the hunt for offense and St. Louis certainly would help in that regard. L.A. GM Dean Lombardi doesn’t shy away from these types of moves in mid-season and with his team fighting for their playoff lives, a shake-up of significant proportions could be in order.

3. Pittsburgh Penguins. The Penguins’ organizational coffers have been depleted in recent years by GM Ray Shero’s wheeling and dealing, but don’t kid yourself: Shero will always have interest in a veteran winner such as St. Louis, who is only under contract for next season and might be more amenable to playing outside of Manhattan if he knew he were playing on a line with Sidney Crosby. Shero may need to get a third team involve to satisfy Yzerman’s demands, but again, don’t think he’s not capable of doing so.

4. Philadelphia Flyers. You can’t speak of teams seemingly forever in the mix for the league’s top players without mentioning Ed Snider’s Flyers. St. Louis’ former Lightning colleague Vincent Lecavalier now plays in Philly, which isn’t all that far from the greater New York City area. The Flyers also usually throw caution to the wind – at least, compared to most teams – when it comes to making big plays on the trade front. Remember, few believed Lecavalier would be a Flyer, either.

Are St. Louis? days with Bolts numbered? If so, here?s four places he could be traded | Post-to-Post

The big question is how many teams are on Marty's list?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average 24 Trades after an Olympic Break
Average 19 Trades on a NON Olympic Break

97-98 NHL season - 19 trades on deadline day Olympic Break
98-99 NHL season - 21 trades on deadline day
99-00 NHL season - 14 trades on deadline day
00-01 NHL season - 20 trades on deadline day
01-02 NHL season - 18 trades on deadline day Olympic Break
02-03 NHL season - 11 trades on deadline day
03-04 NHL season - 18 trades on deadline day
04-05 NHL season - LOCKOUT SEASON
05-06 NHL season - 28 trades on deadline day Olympic Break
06-07 NHL season - 30 trades on deadline day
07-08 NHL season - 25 trades on deadline day
08-09 NHL season - 26 trades on deadline day
09-10 NHL season - 31 trades on deadline day Olympic Break
10-11 NHL season - 16 trades on deadline day
11-12 NHL season - 15 trades on deadline day
12-13 NHL season - 17 trades on deadline day
13-14 NHL season - ?? trades on deadline day Olympic Break

wonder how many we will see. Not much of a difference in a break year or not. the non break years are kinda of skewed a bit by a full lockout (fuck you bettman) and a 1/2 lock out (again fuck you bettman) but the numbers are close. each time after the break the trades seem to be full of action

NHL trade deadline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has officially told Stevie Y he wants to be traded and the only team he will waive for is us.
Maybe Stammer isn't as close to returning as some say and this effects this?
Also, Sather has said he will add in one of Fast/Kristo/Bourque in a deal with Callahan.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has officially told Stevie Y he wants to be traded and the only team he will waive for is us.
Maybe Stammer isn't as close to returning as some say and this effects this?
Also, Sather has said he will add in one of Fast/Kristo/Bourque in a deal with Callahan.
Is Marty quoted as to saying that?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKenzie also just said that Kesler and Edler are on the block in Vancouver and can see a Stepan or Ryan Johanson return for Kesler.

Players along that line will be what it takes for Kesler, though, don't see that happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool....thanks man.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKenzie also just said that Kesler and Edler are on the block in Vancouver and can see a Stepan or Ryan Johanson return for Kesler.

Players along that line will be what it takes for Kesler, though, don't see that happening.

That would be nuts. Kesler is a good player, but the injuries have worn him down. Edler has a long term deal at 5M per & a no trade clause. I read on some blog that a Vanek for Edler deal is possible. I really don't see how. Why in the World would Vancouver trade Edler for an UFA to be who's not going to resign with them. I had to laugh.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they can be on the block all they want but if they dont waive the NTC then its meaningless.