• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shot he wouldn't even make the 3rd pairing? I know he's regressed but he's not horrible, he has to be better than Stralman at least?

To be honest, no. Stralman has been playing like a top 4Dman, alongside of Staal. At times, they have been one of the best pairings. I honestly can't even think of a game where Stralsy has looked terrible. Trust me, watch Stralman like I do. He's become one of our best defenders. And yes, i'd take both Moore and Klein over an old/slow Timmonen. No offense. And if they trade Cally for him, I will personally find Sather and neat his ass.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be a good pick up for depth, but not to trade Cally for. I want Cally on the Pens, but I can't even think of an appropriate package to send back. NO MAATTA.

He wouldn't play for us, ever. Timmonen blows.

And if no Maatta, then no deal :D haha

Honestly though, we wont be acquiring D, we got who we wanted in Klein. Focus is all on offense now.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RealKyper 18s
It's believed St.Louis did ask #Lightning 4 trade when left off Canada. I'm told some #NHL clubs not sure if he still feels the same way now

Interesting. Also saw Pagnotta say MSL for Cally is definitely a no, BUT that Cally is definitely going.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nothing more than the musings of a sports journalist at this point, but I'm of the opinion that Minny has indeed decided that Kuemper is the horse that they're going to ride, so any deal for a goalie would be for a back-up, not a starter.

fansided.com

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, no. Stralman has been playing like a top 4Dman, alongside of Staal. At times, they have been one of the best pairings. I honestly can't even think of a game where Stralsy has looked terrible. Trust me, watch Stralman like I do. He's become one of our best defenders. And yes, i'd take both Moore and Klein over an old/slow Timmonen. No offense. And if they trade Cally for him, I will personally find Sather and neat his ass.

Anton Stralman is a steady yet unspectacular D man. Paired with the right guy he can be an asset to the team. I would welcome him back to Columbus, provided we had a spot for him, in a second.

This is nothing more than the musings of a sports journalist at this point, but I'm of the opinion that Minny has indeed decided that Kuemper is the horse that they're going to ride, so any deal for a goalie would be for a back-up, not a starter.

fansided.com

Okay. Backstrom for McIlhenny. Final offer.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers Rumor: Ryan Callahan For Martin St. Louis, Straight Up? « CBS New York

Not sure why we're listening to a Quarterback, but there it is. He all but guarantees it on air.

Boomer has been right multiple times with the Rangers and the NHL lockout. He's a reliable source. I would love for it to happen but idk.

Anton Stralman is a steady yet unspectacular D man. Paired with the right guy he can be an asset to the team. I would welcome him back to Columbus, provided we had a spot for him, in a second.

Stralman has been solid for us, don't know what the Blues and Devils didn't see in him, but glad they let him go.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance this "big Rangers trade" could be a 3-team swap? The Flyers have had some Tampa scouts at their games; maybe we get Callahan or somebody on D, Tampa gets somebody from us and you get somebody from Tampa? Is there anyone on Tampa you would want?

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I were Fletcher, I would give that one a good, hard look. Backs might waive his NTC for another squad with solid play-off potential, & it opens up some cap space for all of the youngsters coming off of their ELCs after this season. It would all come down to what I really think of McIlhenny's potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance this "big Rangers trade" could be a 3-team swap? The Flyers have had some Tampa scouts at their games; maybe we get Callahan or somebody on D, Tampa gets somebody from us and you get somebody from Tampa? Is there anyone on Tampa you would want?

It's hard for me to believe this would happen - I just don't honestly see how it would work

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hard for me to believe this would happen - I just don't honestly see how it would work

I don't see that happening and really only want MSL from them. Hedman and Stammer aren't even in the question.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Fletcher, I would give that one a good, hard look. Backs might waive his NTC for another squad with solid play-off potential, & it opens up some cap space for all of the youngsters coming off of their ELCs after this season. It would all come down to what I really think of McIlhenny's potential.

He could, potentially, make a stop at a key point in a game.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could, potentially, make a stop at a key point in a game.

this feels like deja vu for me ... is dabolts gonna come in now and tell me about the youthful potential of Curtis Sanford?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4:04PM: Bob McKenzie writes that it appears that at the very least the two teams have spoken about a Marty St. Louis trade and that ultimately everything rests on whether St. Louis wants to stay in Tampa Bay and remain the captain of the Lightning. (TSN)
There was a lot of talk in the days and weeks after St. Louis was left off the Team Canada roster by Steve Yzerman that St. Louis wanted out of Tampa and some believe that the only place he would waive his no-move clause for would be New York. (TSN)

SNY Rangers Blog | A New York Rangers Blog That Goes Into The Corners

Boomer could have very well been onto something. But would imagine that Stevie Y would need to have an agreement with Cally on a contract upon trading for him.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope_Smoke:
McKenzie "St.Louis has a full no-trade and lives just outside of New York. That may be the only destination he would be willing to go to"

Mckenzie "this St.Louis story isn't over yet, this may drag into the summer"

Lives in Connecticut in the offseason, pack your bags, Marty. Sounds like he may be headed here after all.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6:06PM: Multiple sources say that the Ducks have “serious interest” in Girardi and trade talks are expected to start up between Anaheim and the Rangers. (TFP)
The Rangers supposedly have interest in Sami Vatanen. (TFP) He is a 22-year old, right shot defenseman from Finland. He had five assists in 6 games for Finland at the Olympics.

My gut feeling is Girardi still stays and Cally goes.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curveball!

Last edited by a moderator: