• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you trade Luongo, you're gonna need a goalie coming back and there's no way (or very little chance) TBay would part with Bishop. Do the Canucks want Andres Lindback?!? I wouldn't think so.

Manon Rheaume

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Mclean came on cesspool yesterday afternoon and he says the canucks are going to perhaps make 2 "big & surprising" moves

that has birthed a Luongo to TBay rumour and the tin foil mafia is saying this is why Luongo isnt playing at the Olympics ... Stevie Y doesnt want him to get hurt

points for creativity I guess? :ohwell:

Makes no sense for yzerman to do that none for both Canada and the Bolts. Makes no sense for the Canucks now too unless it's boom time and we run wth lack and trade everyone which in truth somedays I'm ok with lol it not happening the Canucks will not make any impact moves and hope with health and rest this team will do it.

But if you trade Luongo, you're gonna need a goalie coming back and there's no way (or very little chance) TBay would part with Bishop. Do the Canucks want Andres Lindback?!? I wouldn't think so.

I guess if we trade and sign for miller and Luongo to the bolts if we are not rebuilding which we won't do and miller is the only goalie that makes sense to replace Luongo but we don't have the assets I'd rather rebuild

Canucks are headed on a long walk off a short pier right now with this group

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Mclean came on cesspool yesterday afternoon and he says the canucks are going to perhaps make 2 "big & surprising" moves

that has birthed a Luongo to TBay rumour and the tin foil mafia is saying this is why Luongo isnt playing at the Olympics ... Stevie Y doesnt want him to get hurt

points for creativity I guess? :ohwell:

Luongo is not playing because he is not the great goalie he once was.

Corey Crawford should have been that third goaltender for team canada.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@7BOOMERESIASON:
Its coming and it will be huge. Surprising, shocking, inevitable, and all about business. $$$ #NHL #tradedeadline

My man knew the DZ/Klein swap weeks before it happened, something tells me Boomer knows the next Rangers move. Have a feeling a Girardi extensions comes first and then on to Cally being traded or signed.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be a big one. The Pens may have their hand forced, they may not. Losing Letang for the year is rough, losing Martin for potentially a month++ is another big blow. The D has held up with the young guns, but do you want to stand pat on that going into the postseason? We'll see. Money a big factor, per usual.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to the next 2 weeks with all these trade rumors and what's gonna happen. Sather will definitely make a move with Zuccs out for the next two weeks, which is a huge loss for us. Or maybe he just recalls Kristo/Miller? Idk, this is gonna be fun!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to the next 2 weeks with all these trade rumors and what's gonna happen. Sather will definitely make a move with Zuccs out for the next two weeks, which is a huge loss for us. Or maybe he just recalls Kristo/Miller? Idk, this is gonna be fun!

It's sort of a condensed deadline. Not that tons of moves typically happen that far in advance of the deadline, but with a lot of GMs and coaches focused on the Olympics, they're gonna be in a minor scramble mode getting going for this years deadline.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sort of a condensed deadline. Not that tons of moves typically happen that far in advance of the deadline, but with a lot of GMs and coaches focused on the Olympics, they're gonna be in a minor scramble mode getting going for this years deadline.

I have a feeling G's extension comes a few days into the NHL coming back. I think they wanna get it wrapped up as soon as they can, that way we can focus on the needs of the offense and replacing Zucc's production. I think the days leading up to the deadline, many teams will be scrambling around to make deals.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Boomer knows something. Just look at all his tweets and his responses to fans. Something big is coming or is already done for one of the Metro teams.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Boomer knows something. Just look at all his tweets and his responses to fans. Something big is coming or is already done for one of the Metro teams.

They're allowed to talk during this time, right? Just not allowed to actually make a move?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're allowed to talk during this time, right? Just not allowed to actually make a move?

Correct, roster freeze.

He's saying that a move is pretty much inevitable, and he always has ''facts'' which is right. Like I said, he talked about the Klein deal on his show 2 weeks before we made the move.

Also just answered a Penguins fan on there and said look for them to try and acquire Stewart from the Blues to add some size to their lineup with Letang out.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer saying that he thinks Vanek and Cally go from the NY metro. Dude's going all out on his NHL analysis, sort of funny. Saying he'd see Stewart to the Pens, which I've called for for 2 years...but doubt it'd happen seeing as the Blues are contenders.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me though, he's no fraud and he's not just saying this to make us NYR fans happy, though he, himself is a diehard Ranger fan. And he seems to back my belief that we will be trading for some offense. Now i'm really anxious and nervous to see what it is.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me though, he's no fraud and he's not just saying this to make us NYR fans happy, though he, himself is a diehard Ranger fan. And he seems to back my belief that we will be trading for some offense. Now i'm really anxious and nervous to see what it is.

Said it's from the East...not Vanek...Cally going the other way. Going all CSI on this: a team trading for Cally returning a good product would have to be a contender, considering the Cally contract is expiring. Teams in the playoff race that would trade for Cally are plentiful, that's for sure.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it's from the East...not Vanek...Cally going the other way. Going all CSI on this: a team trading for Cally returning a good product would have to be a contender, considering the Cally contract is expiring. Teams in the playoff race that would trade for Cally are plentiful, that's for sure.

Well Vanek we all know will be dealt, that's obvious. But him being a NYR fan, I could all but asure that his tweets are in regards to a NYR move shaping up. Whether it's a Cally trade or re-signing, we'll have to wait and see.