• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles are retaining half the salary in that trade too. I have a feeling they're going to be doing that a bit this deadline.

That still means the Blackhawks are taking on over 1M because PMB has a 1 year deal for 2M. Chuck must be happy because he just saved over 1M.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That still means the Blackhawks are taking on over 1M because PMB has a 1 year deal for 2M. Chuck must be happy because he just saved over 1M.

The deal works for both of them. Low risk for the Hawks, but get a bit of wildcard depth and talent. Isles drop salary and get a draft pick.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fourth Period :: Chicago Blackhawks :: Blackhawks eyeing Brodeur?

Hm interesting - I think the current tandem is good enough, I don't know if they need him

I really don't understand why anyone would bring on Brodeur unless it's as a service to him to try to get him another Cup. Corey Crawford SHOULD HAVE won the Conn Smythe last postseason. Raanta has done quite well for them, especially in the absence of Crawford earlier in the year. Giving up assets for a guy who won't start a game in the postseason unless there's an injury, just seems silly. Now, if you're a team with no capable backup, slightly shaky starter, and aren't solidified in your postseason berth, than sure...consider it. Hawks make zero sense. Not many teams make that much sense...not for Marty.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand why anyone would bring on Brodeur unless it's as a service to him to try to get him another Cup. Corey Crawford SHOULD HAVE won the Conn Smythe last postseason. Raanta has done quite well for them, especially in the absence of Crawford earlier in the year. Giving up assets for a guy who won't start a game in the postseason unless there's an injury, just seems silly. Now, if you're a team with no capable backup, slightly shaky starter, and aren't solidified in your postseason berth, than sure...consider it. Hawks make zero sense. Not many teams make that much sense...not for Marty.

Minnesota should consider him - their goalie situation looks shaky right now with all the injuries

Columbus would be an interesting fit because Marty would be a hell of a lot better than Tabasco as a backup

I was also thinking Tampa because I don't think Lindback is very good but they seem like they're in a good position to make the playoffs so it would be a redundant move

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I was thinking of that Chris Stewart rumor

If you're the Islanders, would you trade Thomas Vanek for Chris Stewart and Jake Allen?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're the Islanders, would you trade Thomas Vanek for Chris Stewart and Jake Allen?

If I'm Garth Snow, I drive Vanek to the airport if that is the swap.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minnesota should consider him - their goalie situation looks shaky right now with all the injuries. ...

My thoughts exactly upon reading pix's post.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dash

Ryan O'Reilly will be traded this season, per voices in his head :D

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota should consider him - their goalie situation looks shaky right now with all the injuries

Columbus would be an interesting fit because Marty would be a hell of a lot better than Tabasco as a backup

I was also thinking Tampa because I don't think Lindback is very good but they seem like they're in a good position to make the playoffs so it would be a redundant move

I would wet my pants with delight if that happened. Even if he never played a game for us, just having him there to mentor Bob and calm the team would be... Oh my god.

If I'm the Islanders, I would trade Thomas Vanek for anyone the Blues would give me. Even Derek Roy. I couldn't get my pen out fast enough to sign a deal to get Stewart AND Allen for him.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Mclean came on cesspool yesterday afternoon and he says the canucks are going to perhaps make 2 "big & surprising" moves

that has birthed a Luongo to TBay rumour and the tin foil mafia is saying this is why Luongo isnt playing at the Olympics ... Stevie Y doesnt want him to get hurt

points for creativity I guess? :ohwell:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Mclean came on cesspool yesterday afternoon and he says the canucks are going to perhaps make 2 "big & surprising" moves

that has birthed a Luongo to TBay rumour and the tin foil mafia is saying this is why Luongo isnt playing at the Olympics ... Stevie Y doesnt want him to get hurt

Hey, he's trying.. :lol:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But if you trade Luongo, you're gonna need a goalie coming back and there's no way (or very little chance) TBay would part with Bishop. Do the Canucks want Andres Lindback?!? I wouldn't think so.