• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that goalie depth, they match up pretty well. Still, a rental for a guy like Gibson or the like? Pretty pricey. I know that they want this done before the Olympics...but I'm not sure teams on the other side of the conversation are as excited to get it done before hand.

I guess it also depends on if they have knowledge if they can negotiate with them. Selanne is done after this year you have to think and while he is not what he was before I think Vanek would replace him very well (when Selanne was a little younger) for that team. the cap goes up next year and Vanek would suit that team very nicely. why wouldnt he want to live in SOCAL man its nice there if you have money lol.

there must be some talk between player and suiting team when big assets are being discussed

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it also depends on if they have knowledge if they can negotiate with them. Selanne is done after this year you have to think and while he is not what he was before I think Vanek would replace him very well (when Selanne was a little younger) for that team. the cap goes up next year and Vanek would suit that team very nicely. why wouldnt he want to live in SOCAL man its nice there if you have money lol.

there must be some talk between player and suiting team when big assets are being discussed

Definitely. The only reason I'd be wary as ANA is that Minnesota is home for him, and many think that's where he wants to go after this year. Of course playing in SoCal with the best team in the league is a pretty big selling factor. There's also the fact that he could put them over the edge and solidify them as favorites this year.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. The only reason I'd be wary as ANA is that Minnesota is home for him, and many think that's where he wants to go after this year. Of course playing in SoCal with the best team in the league is a pretty big selling factor. There's also the fact that he could put them over the edge and solidify them as favorites this year.

yep. and even if a rental I think anaheim has enough to win it all and this would just add that.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with a goalie going to the Isles. Just wonder which one?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with a goalie going to the Isles. Just wonder which one?

They have so freaking many ready for the NHL. I'm partial to Gibby and would hate, hate, HATE having him in the division and not on the Pens...maybe Andersson? I don't have enough knowledge on all of them to figure which is "best" really. Fasth, Hiller, Andersson, Gibson. That's ridiculous.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have so freaking many ready for the NHL. I'm partial to Gibby and would hate, hate, HATE having him in the division and not on the Pens...maybe Andersson? I don't have enough knowledge on all of them to figure which is "best" really. Fasth, Hiller, Andersson, Gibson. That's ridiculous.

how did they collect so many great goalies ... they have enough assets there to trade to keep them stocked for a few years.

well done anaheim management.... piss on you fans that dont show up for that team

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did they collect so many great goalies ... they have enough assets there to trade to keep them stocked for a few years.

well done anaheim management.... piss on you fans that dont show up for that team

Considering how many teams are out there looking for ONE goalie, that's just silly. Heck, LAK sort of in a similar situation. Had Quick, Bernier, Jones, at once, then had Scrivens along with Quick and Jones. Heck, I know Zatkoff isn't a star, but he was stuck behind the long line in the LAK system.

Teams whose starters may not be as good as ANA top 3(maybe 4): NYI, EDM(pre-Scrivens at least), FLA, WPG, NSH, WSH(Maybe), CGY.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta imagine they will move one, especially since they want to keep Hiller. The question is though, which one?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how many teams are out there looking for ONE goalie, that's just silly. Heck, LAK sort of in a similar situation. Had Quick, Bernier, Jones, at once, then had Scrivens along with Quick and Jones. Heck, I know Zatkoff isn't a star, but he was stuck behind the long line in the LAK system.

Teams whose starters may not be as good as ANA top 3(maybe 4): NYI, EDM(pre-Scrivens at least), FLA, WPG, NSH, WSH(Maybe), CGY.

eh.. i'd take pavelec and rinne over a couple of anaheim's goalies.. i dont think pavelec gets any help and i'm guessing you didn't list rinne because he's hurt?

still, point made. anaheim has an embarassing amount of depth in goal

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh.. i'd take pavelec and rinne over a couple of anaheim's goalies.. i dont think pavelec gets any help and i'm guessing you didn't list rinne because he's hurt?

still, point made. anaheim has an embarassing amount of depth in goal

Rinne was due to injury, yes. Pavelec? Not a fan. I think Montoya has done more for WPG this year than him.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rangers are unable to sign Callahan, they are expected to trade him before the March 5 trade deadline.

The Olympic roster freeze, which many teams are looking at as a soft trade deadline before the official one, kicks in Friday at 3pm ET.

The St. Louis Blues, Vancouver Canucks, Detroit Red Wings and Phoenix Coyotes have all expressed an interest in Callahan.

The Fourth Period :: New York Rangers :: Rangers, Callahan keep talking

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that goalie depth, they match up pretty well. Still, a rental for a guy like Gibson or the like? Pretty pricey. I know that they want this done before the Olympics...but I'm not sure teams on the other side of the conversation are as excited to get it done before hand.

This is the team I want Vanek to go to. They have 2 first round picks. They have 5 goalies. They have Rackell & Etem. Murray & Snow also have a history of making trades. Garth acquired the Wiz & Visnovsky from the Ducks. Make it happen.:suds:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Karri Ramo was really starting to play well before his MCL injury, I think he could have a chance to be a Flames goalie for several years.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the team I want Vanek to go to. They have 2 first round picks. They have 5 goalies. They have Rackell & Etem. Murray & Snow also have a history of making trades. Garth acquired the Wiz & Visnovsky from the Ducks. Make it happen.:suds:

It's the perfect matchup. Perfect.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JoshYohe_Trib 1m
In a minor trade, Pens have acquired forward Spencer Machacek from Columbus for forward Paul Thompson.

FLOOD GATES!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JoshYohe_Trib 1m
In a minor trade, Pens have acquired forward Spencer Machacek from Columbus for forward Paul Thompson.

FLOOD GATES!

The+Joker+-+And+Here+We+Go.gif

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the perfect matchup. Perfect.

Except the Ducks have Selanne and possibly Koivu departing after this season - that is where Etem and Rackell step right in.

Goalie and a first rounder for a Vanek rental maybe.