• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offensive Play Calling

UgotaBkdnMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the continual come from behind wins, we are seeing strong second half performances from Brady. He throws for over 300 yards in the second half against the browns. Not 1 QB has thrown for over 300 yards in the entire game against the Browns.

Are we seeing these performances due to the up tempo play and direct play calling from Brady as opposed to McDaniels play calling?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are 3/4 of a team. They go out there in the first half and do a workmanlike effort. Then they go into half time adjustments, based on what is working, and what might work. The results are a team effort and good coaching.
(and we have magnets placed in the balls! wink-wink)

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to stop calling pass plays that have one of the OGs pulling to block the pass rush. Yesterday Mankins pulled and ran all the way over to the right side to block the outside rusher and the result was a missed block and a sack on Brady. They've done it other times this year and the rusher in front of the OG has been left completely unblocked.

I get it...they do it to make the defense think it's a run but it doesn't fool anyone when they're not blocked.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the continual come from behind wins, we are seeing strong second half performances from Brady. He throws for over 300 yards in the second half against the browns. Not 1 QB has thrown for over 300 yards in the entire game against the Browns.

Are we seeing these performances due to the up tempo play and direct play calling from Brady as opposed to McDaniels play calling?

There is a good point to be made here. In the last four weeks they've played 2 of the top 5 and 3 of the top 10 defenses in the league and lit each of them up... eventually.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a good point to be made here. In the last four weeks they've played 2 of the top 5 and 3 of the top 10 defenses in the league and lit each of them up... eventually.

They had some help from the refs to do it yesterday. Also, when a team is expecting an onside kick, the kicking team is successful around 20% of the time. The Pats should not have won yesterday but they beat the odds. They were down 26-14 with 2:35 left and had the ball on their own 18 yard line. If they had to come back from that every week they'd be picking in the top ten of the draft next year.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what is what, but they can not continue this trend. I wish we would run more, Blount is a damn hammer kept in the tool shed IMO.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Gronk, how do you guys think Brady and Bill B. are going to adjust? Having Gronk in the lineup really changed the face of the Patriots' offense. I've never been a big fan of the Pats, but have always admired the way they run their organization and continue to put up wins as personnel come and go. I think this year has been amazing considering that Brady has had to basically start the season with virtually no go-to receivers. But it's apparent that as the year has progressed, he and his receivers have started to click. Danny Amendola has me asking, "Wes who?"

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had some help from the refs to do it yesterday. Also, when a team is expecting an onside kick, the kicking team is successful around 20% of the time. The Pats should not have won yesterday but they beat the odds. They were down 26-14 with 2:35 left and had the ball on their own 18 yard line. If they had to come back from that every week they'd be picking in the top ten of the draft next year.

They got hammered by the refs yesterday too, for example when Hightower forced a fumble and scooped it for an easy touchdown, they blew the whistle after the ball was out (seriously, watch it in slow motion with the volume on, you can hear the first whistle and the ball is in the air at that time) and then it couldn't be challenged, causing a 10 point swing on the opening possession. Or when Gordon goes to the ground and loses control of the ball and they somehow confirmed that as a catch...

I assume you're referring to the PI on Boyce in the endzone - no question that was ticky tack. It wasn't a totally wrong call - there was a clear pass interference with the ball in the air around the 4-5 yard line where the defender literally hooks a hand inside Boyce's shoulder pads and drags him backwards, incidentally saving a TD because without that grab Boyce is another step further up when the ball gets there, but I didn't see any PI in the endzone - looked like it should have been 1st and goal from the 4 or 5 yard line.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Gronk, how do you guys think Brady and Bill B. are going to adjust? Having Gronk in the lineup really changed the face of the Patriots' offense. I've never been a big fan of the Pats, but have always admired the way they run their organization and continue to put up wins as personnel come and go. I think this year has been amazing considering that Brady has had to basically start the season with virtually no go-to receivers. But it's apparent that as the year has progressed, he and his receivers have started to click. Danny Amendola has me asking, "Wes who?"

How do I expect them to adjust? Badly. I would love to be wrong, but I don't see how they keep up with any top team at this point. Too many injuries.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for the young guys to step up. We may not match up well to Denver but we can still beat anyone else in the AFC. Throw them into the fire and heat shit up. Even if we don't win it all (which is getting harder by the day, it seems) the experience of every playoff game is extremely valuable to our very young team going into the future.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle and Carolina will both be extremely difficult to beat in the SB, even if we can get there (Denver's showing cracks, even without Gronk we have a fighting chance against them, but that's no gimme!).

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking about a Super Bowl appearance I'm ok with it, regardless of the outcome.

I don't think there's a team we can't beat; I just think the energy of covering so many losses makes it hard to do so consecutively for a playoff run.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can't be the offensive play calling per se and more about Brady imo. I mean it's not really like they change what plays are being run from the first half to second...(call wise from the OC)....

I just don't get why the offense has to wait until the 2nd half to actually get things together.