• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Moves/News/Rumors/Discussion Thread

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why, jingo, but I did rep you and your Rep Power didn't increase. :think:

He has to get to 50 posts before it registers. I repped him too. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to get to 50 posts before it registers. I repped him too. :D

I know I have repped him multiple times. When he gets 3 more posts, he will be the rep-leader on this board.

Good for him or sad for us? You decide...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I have repped him multiple times. When he gets 3 more posts, he will be the rep-leader on this board.

lol, yeah, he probably will.

I wouldn't mind if they just got rid of the whole rep system in general or at least change it up a little. I like being able to give a rep just to say nice post (but no point system). OR, if they do add up the totals, I think that each rep received should be worth 1 point. Just my humble $.02.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, yeah, he probably will.

I wouldn't mind if they just got rid of the whole rep system in general or at least change it up a little. I like being able to give a rep just to say nice post (but no point system). OR, if they do add up the totals, I think that each rep received should be worth 1 point. Just my humble $.02.

I agree. It seems there are a lot of fights on the gen boards about reps, and eliminating / changing it may cut that down a bit (of course, with the board society, they will just find something else to fight about...).

I am, by default, a VERY competitive person, so I have to make a conscious decision to not care about the reps. I think I have done pretty well so far :)

Edit: BTW, rep :)

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am, by default, a VERY competitive person, so I have to make a conscious decision to not care about the reps. I think I have done pretty well so far :)

You are competitive and insightful. And I owe you for inviting me over to this haven of sanity.

But dammit, Cal! Why do you keep splitting your infinitives?!?!? :frusty:

BTW, I am ahead of you by ten reps, Cal. Non-competitively, of course. :D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rep system does need to change. I mean, filo gets another 500 rep every time he wakes up.

And don't get me started on the hockey clown from Philly who masqueraded as a Phillie Phan who had 500 posts and six bazillion reps. :D

jingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. It seems there are a lot of fights on the gen boards about reps, and eliminating / changing it may cut that down a bit (of course, with the board society, they will just find something else to fight about...).

I stay mostly (@99%) to this message board because of the game/team knowledge and opinions of all of the contributors (and a lot better than having to wade through all the dribble that was routinely posted on the ESPN board).

In my opinion, baseball is the greatest of sports; the smell of the grass when you are standing in the outfield; the smell of your glove when you hold it up against your face; the feel of the ball and bat in your hands; the sounds of the game;, nothing can beat it. Being born in San Francisco, I was hooked from the first day I saw Mays play (as a reference, I am old enough to have attended 49er games at Kezar and Warrior games at the Cow Palace and SF Civic Center). And then 2010, World Series champions (I am perfectly comfortable living in the past while waiting for the next one).

Having said all that (probably just to hear myself talk), why would anyone argue about reps?

(sidenote: I was going to split this post into 3 in order to reach the 50 mark while trying to convince you that I wasn't competitive).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said all that (probably just to hear myself talk), why would anyone argue about reps?

(sidenote: I was going to split this post into 3 in order to reach the 50 mark while trying to convince you that I wasn't competitive).

Only two more posts to go! You can do it!

We argue reps because we can't buy and run a MLB baseball team. But it sure is fun to talk about. That is, except when certain doom and gloom denizens show up with all their alts.

:thrasher:

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You are competitive and insightful. And I owe you for inviting me over to this haven of sanity.

But dammit, Cal! Why do you keep splitting your infinitives?!?!? :frusty:

BTW, I am ahead of you by ten reps, Cal. Non-competitively, of course. :D

LOL. That is hilarious. Make that 11. REP!

Edit: I just noticed that I have 666 posts. I think I'll just stop here and be evil forever.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't have Stokes ahead of you. Rep.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great News!

Ryan Spilborghs is no longer with the Rockies! I know, I know, the guy sucked last year, but every time he came up to bat in a Rockie uni, a nervous twitch would kick in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edit: I just noticed that I have 666 posts. I think I'll just stop here and be evil forever.

Cam, I would rep ya, but apparently, I only rep people for good posts!!!!

If only I were enough of a legit ass to actually give negs...

jingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Romo Signs

The Giants and reliever Sergio Romo agreed on a one-year deal Friday, according to a message from the team.

Romo compiled a 3-1 record and a 1.50 ERA in 48 innings last season, appearing in 65 games. He was bothered be right elbow inflammation and landed on the DL in August.

Read more: Giants, Romo agree on one-year deal
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great News!

Ryan Spilborghs is no longer with the Rockies! I know, I know, the guy sucked last year, but every time he came up to bat in a Rockie uni, a nervous twitch would kick in.

He's in the tier right below Steve Finley for Giant hate. Right above Armando Benitez

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like you needed the post count to confirm....:boink:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants and reliever Sergio Romo agreed on a one-year deal Friday, according to a message from the team.

Romo compiled a 3-1 record and a 1.50 ERA in 48 innings last season, appearing in 65 games. He was bothered be right elbow inflammation and landed on the DL in August.

Read more: Giants, Romo agree on one-year deal
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

And then there was one.....cmon Timmy, get er done.