• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Moves/News/Rumors/Discussion Thread

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've still got a fever....

This skit will always be funny. Your variation will remain funny until CarBel signs (with the Giants or elsewhere), but how realistic is it at this point? He did say they needed a lead-off hitter before he would even consider it. He is familiar with Pagan, and I would assume he considers Angel to be a decent lead-off guy. Is there enough money in the budget? Would that money be better spent on Rollins? Either way, the Giants would be giving an aging player their last contract (in stark contrast to Pujols' and A-Rod's last contracts).

Last edited by a moderator:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a major factor but yet another NL West team gets better.

And for good measure I saw the Rox also got Ramon Hernandez.

Rockies | Ramon Hernandez contract terms

Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:47:55 -0800

Colorado Rockies C Ramon Hernandez will make $6.4 million as part of his two-year deal. Hernandez will make $3.2 million each season. The contract doesn't include a signing bonus and comes with standard incentives.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: The Denver Post - Troy E. Renck

Read more: KFFL - Colorado Rockies News and Notes

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for good measure I saw the Rox also got Ramon Hernandez.

Rockies | Ramon Hernandez contract terms

Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:47:55 -0800

Colorado Rockies C Ramon Hernandez will make $6.4 million as part of his two-year deal. Hernandez will make $3.2 million each season. The contract doesn't include a signing bonus and comes with standard incentives.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: The Denver Post - Troy E. Renck

Read more: KFFL - Colorado Rockies News and Notes

That's a really smart signing by the Rox. He's a 2 WAR player and getting him as a FA for $3.2MM a season is good value.

That said, we've got way too many good catchers in the system to be blocking them with a 35 yo backup.

jingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per ESPN, the Padres traded Mat Latos to the Reds for Edinson Volquez, Yonder Alonso, Yasmani Grandal, and Brad Boxberger.

And,

Rollins agrees to a 3-year, 33 mil deal with the Phillies.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
jingo;1466779[B said:
]Per ESPN, the Padres traded Mat Latos to the Reds for Edinson Volquez, Yonder Alonso, Yasmani Grandal, and Brad Boxberger.[/B]

And,

Rollins agrees to a 3-year, 33 mil deal with the Phillies.

Thats a retardedly good deal for a #2 starter who gets his panties in a bunch every time a play doesn't go his way.

I hope he enjoys his routine fly balls landing 10 rows up in that bandbox.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Responding to fans on his Twitter feed, Omar Vizquel says he plans to play in 2012, isn't returning to the White Sox and would "go now" if the Giants offered him a one-year deal (all links are via Twitter).

from http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/san_francisco_giants/index.html

does he still have it? vet and like able player but for how much.. I dont think he will make any difference but saw it and wanted to post it.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Responding to fans on his Twitter feed, Omar Vizquel says he plans to play in 2012, isn't returning to the White Sox and would "go now" if the Giants offered him a one-year deal (all links are via Twitter).

from San Francisco Giants Rumors: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

does he still have it? vet and like able player but for how much.. I dont think he will make any difference but saw it and wanted to post it.

I hear Julio Franco is available, too.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

from San Francisco Giants Rumors: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

He really isn't the same he was, even a few years ago. But he can play all over the infield now. I would bring the guy back.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect it is a typo that he was signed to a MAJOR league contract. That would give them 4 catchers on the 40 going in to camp. Not a good plan.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I suspect it is a typo that he was signed to a MAJOR league contract. That would give them 4 catchers on the 40 going in to camp. Not a good plan.

SAN FRANCISCO — The San Francisco Giants signed backup catcher Eli Whiteside to a one-year deal Saturday after declining to offer him a contract Monday, avoiding arbitration and making him a free agent.

San Francisco Giants - Giants Baseball Clubhouse - ESPN

Say it aint soo.. i would rather them spend money on others

:arg:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a retardedly good deal for a #2 starter who gets his panties in a bunch every time a play doesn't go his way.

I hope he enjoys his routine fly balls landing 10 rows up in that bandbox.

Never been very impressed with Latos' stuff. The Padres just got a little better. Though, not enough to make any sort of factor in the NL West.