• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Moves/News/Rumors/Discussion Thread

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, if the Giants could've found a way to make it more difficult for that fourth year to vest, I would have really liked them to offer him something in the neighborhood of that contract. Oh, well... don't you have a fever or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Kubel signs with the DBags according to MLBTradeRumors.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Formidable opponent, indeed.

Everyone keeps getting a little better...including us I guess.

Not feeling as cocky about the playoffs as I did at the beginning of 2011. Feels more like 2010...

See what I did there? :rockon:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you mean that they were both former farm hands of the Giants, than yes.

If you mean that they were both highly touted pitching prospects that fell on hard times, than no.

The only similarity between the two are that they started in the Giants org.

I would compare Song to Bonser more than Burres, and Bonser's second run in the Giants org in '10 fell a little short of Song's success in '11.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean that they were both former farm hands of the Giants, than yes.

If you mean that they were both highly touted pitching prospects that fell on hard times, than no.

The only similarity between the two are that they started in the Giants org.

I would compare Song to Bonser more than Burres, and Bonser's second run in the Giants org in '10 fell a little short of Song's success in '11.

I think he just meant: random old farmhand signing = lightning in a bottle again?

Should I bust out the HF icon? :wink:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every other team continuing to get better while the Giants continue to stand pat.

Sad.

BTW, rep msg.

I thought PTMFB retired. (ba-da-bing)

I remember an old book of headlines from the Columbia School of Journalism, which had a headline from the Watergate era: "Nixon to Stand Pat on Tapes". Never ceases to crack me up. (You youngsters, go ahead and Google Tricky Dick and look up his wife's name.)

Here are some more.... http://www.minnpost.com/ericblackblog/2009/03/23/7572/nixon_to_stand_pat_on_watergate_tapes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are too lazy to look it up, here are the highlights:

"New Missouri U. Chancellor Expects Little Sex"

"Milk Drinkers Turn to Powder"

"City May Impose Mandatory Time For Prostitution"

"Stiff opposition expected to casketless funeral plan"

"Shouting Match Ends Teacher's hearing"

(From The Minneapolis Tribune, 1967:) "Deer Kill 130,000"

"Teen-age prostitution problem is mounting"

"Carcinogens Cause Cancer, Says Book"

"Few have entered Miss Carmichael" (In case you need a little help with that one, it was the Miss Carmichael beauty pageant in Carmichael, Calif.)

"Sneak Attack by Soviet Bloc Not Foreseen"

"Ford, Reagan Neck in Presidential Primary"

"Dead Expected To Rise"

"Caribbean islands drift to left"

"Child's Stool Great For Use in Garden"

And, the tautological, perpetually true but depressing from the Wisconsin State Journal in December 1965:

WAR DIMS HOPES FOR PEACE

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of a long day, fellas:

Padres pitcher Latos writes ‘I hate SF’ on balls — The Associated Press 2/19/11

Go Niners!

Very nice game tonight for the Niners. To be fair, not sure it goes this well if Ben R is not hobbled but still. Andy Lee is sick. And the kicker comparison shows how valuable Akers is. Hat tip to ColinCoby.

Since my preferred teams (Bears and Raiders) decided to go all 2011 Giants on me (injuries = no playoffs), I've only got the Niners still in the hunt to care about. And the Packers proved me wrong by being beatable, so anything can happen...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice game tonight for the Niners. To be fair, not sure it goes this well if Ben R is not hobbled but still. Andy Lee is sick. And the kicker comparison shows how valuable Akers is. Hat tip to ColinCoby.

Since my preferred teams (Bears and Raiders) decided to go all 2011 Giants on me (injuries = no playoffs), I've only got the Niners still in the hunt to care about. And the Packers proved me wrong by being beatable, so anything can happen...

I decided to lurk all game on the sportshoopla Niners board. They really do post fast and furious over there. Whew!

The one constant is the negativity of he who shall not be named. Ever.Single.Positive.Play the Niners made was met with criticism. He should have run out of bounds. He should NOT have run out of bounds. Etc.

And the repeated "game over" comments when the Niners are up by ten points, or as soon as the Steelers scored, it was, "Well, it was a good try..." Sad sack of steaming .........

:tape:

Go Niners!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I decided to lurk all game on the sportshoopla Niners board. They really do post fast and furious over there. Whew!

The one constant is the negativity of he who shall not be named. Ever.Single.Positive.Play the Niners made was met with criticism. He should have run out of bounds. He should NOT have run out of bounds. Etc.

And the repeated "game over" comments when the Niners are up by ten points, or as soon as the Steelers scored, it was, "Well, it was a good try..." Sad sack of steaming .........

:tape:

Go Niners!

Yup, those guys do post way too fast, lol. NinerSickness is a sock-puppet I think too. Oh well, it's their shit to deal with.

Have a goodnight Stokes.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will sleep well after that game. Holy cats, how did you get 10 bazillion reps? You hanging out on the Flyers board? :D

lol, it's all Tox. Without Tox, I think I'd be at 2K rep. I'm average at best. He's been on a personal mission to get me up to 10K. He's a good dude. I've been giving him shit because he's gonna "retire" from posting on message boards after this hockey season. I told him to just give up the bullshit Mod job and keep posting sporadically. He's a tough minded guy, but I'll win this one eventually.....he just doesn't know it yet :D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool. Once bitten by the board bug, it is hard to "retire". I guess it is different with mods, dealing with all the doodoo.

Your rep is worth about 100 points now.

Seems like the majority on the 49er board have hundreds or thousands of posts, and like 35 rep points. Do they just not rep over there? I was a newbie, but I didn't get much of a sense of "community" over there. Not a lot of crosstalk and banter, just guys posting short comments. "Oh crap!" "Nice catch!" "Missed tackle."

Nothing beats this board. Nothing.

Well, maybe the ESPN board back in the glory days, but that's history. Brute and Doyle and Balzac and Psycho and FriscoShortStop and Goldenbears the rest. I think Cal and Cam were lurkers in those days. Were you?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The main thing I was thinking the whole game was...

"On draft day I was disappointed with this pick. I am glad I am just a dumb fan and not in the draft room!"

Holy shit, that kid is dominant.