• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Moves/News/Rumors/Discussion Thread

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, sure, you mock a Hebrew now, but when AS moves His Busterness to 1B and slugs in the middle of a 2014 lineup like THIS:

CF Brown
2B Panik
3B Panda
1B Posey
C Susac
LF Belt
RF Peguero
SS Stamos

THEN you'll be acknowledging my superior scouting eye....

No mocking intended. And I never doubted your scouting eye. :D

I could live with that lineup. It is the BPS lineup, though. To satisfy the equality Nazi's, we will have to use some affirmative action to get a batter with a last name beginning with another letter.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aramis Ramirez reportedly to Brewers on a 3 year deal.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Prince Fielder signs with the Cubs in 3...2...1...

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Theo will definitely want to make his mark.

Not too worried, Colorado still has the injury waiting to happen that is Tulo and CarGo seems like he's not as good as his 2010 season suggests. Add in a mediocre pitching staff.....meh?

Also, on a side note, Jerome Williams signs with the Angels.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Theo will definitely want to make his mark.

Not too worried, Colorado still has the injury waiting to happen that is Tulo and CarGo seems like he's not as good as his 2010 season suggests. Add in a mediocre pitching staff.....meh?

Also, on a side note, Jerome Williams signs with the Angels.

Yeah. The Diamondbacks are now much better, and the Dodgers are slightly better than the Rockies, but the less good hitters in the division, the better. I think Cuddyer will stay in Minny, but we'll see.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants re-sign Fontenot, but decline to offer Keppinger and Whiteside arbitration.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants re-sign Fontenot, but decline to offer Keppinger and Whiteside arbitration.

So Fonty and Burriss are the "super"-utility guys and Stewart is the back-up catcher. There needs to be a depth-signing made. What half-way decent catchers are still available on the FA market? I saw Quintero avoided arb. Is everyone okay with Stewart catching a couple times per week?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in other shocking news: man injures roof of mouth in Cap'n Crunch incident...

LOL

And, for perhaps the last time: Whiteside's fault!

Edit: Best beat me to it in another thread. Rep to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Fonty and Burriss are the "super"-utility guys and Stewart is the back-up catcher. There needs to be a depth-signing made. What half-way decent catchers are still available on the FA market? I saw Quintero avoided arb. Is everyone okay with Stewart catching a couple times per week?

Kinda. I suspect Chez3 will be up sooner rather than later, as soon as Decker signs off on his D.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with that. This is definitely a very average play-off team, if there is such a thing.

If they even ARE a playoff team...

Not a great division though, which is why we may win it.

the NL teams to beat look like Philly again, Atlanta, Florida, St Louis (Pujols gone, Wainwright back) maybe, Milwaukee maybe (Fielder turns into Ramirez, not that big a downtick depending on who plays 1B), and Arizona.

And of course there's always the team you never see coming who contends, like AZ this last year. Reds? Dodgers? Nationals?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the NL teams to beat look like Philly again, Atlanta, Florida, St Louis (Pujols gone, Wainwright back) maybe, Milwaukee maybe (Fielder turns into Ramirez, not that big a downtick depending on who plays 1B), and Arizona.

And of course there's always the team you never see coming who contends, like AZ this last year. Reds? Dodgers? Nationals?

I seem to recall a certain Semetic brother who may be unavailable for a couple of months....

I seem to remember him being a decent hitter, too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why?

They have 3 good starters. They have a closer. Their hitters are aging and trending in the wrong direction. I see them as #3 in their own division. It should be a fight for them just to get into the play-offs.

NL East - Atl, Fla at top; Phil offering a fight

NL Central - Mil (depending on their 1B situation), Cin (their pitching is young and getting better, best O in the NL), StL maybe (- Pujols, + Weinwright)

NL West - Arz, SF at top; Col offering a fight

I went into 2011 saying we had about a 70% chance of making the playoffs. I would say we have about a 55-60% chance for 2012.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Josh Willingham has signed with the Twins.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

They have 3 good starters. They have a closer. Their hitters are aging and trending in the wrong direction. I see them as #3 in their own division. It should be a fight for them just to get into the play-offs.

NL East - Atl, Fla at top; Phil offering a fight

NL Central - Mil (depending on their 1B situation), Cin (their pitching is young and getting better, best O in the NL), StL maybe (- Pujols, + Weinwright)

NL West - Arz, SF at top; Col offering a fight

I went into 2011 saying we had about a 70% chance of making the playoffs. I would say we have about a 55-60% chance for 2012.

I'm down with those percentages. I actually went into 2011 thinking 80% chance. This year it's about 45% Giants, 45% Dbacks, 10% dark horse.

Phils do have Pence, Dom Brown, Victorino etc. Not all old guys.

Who's your pick for 'whoa how'd THEY get in there?' (Dbacks 2011, Reds 2010, etc)