• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now what....

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the season at an end, now what will happen?

Will Homer still be the GM or will hextall take over?

Will Chief be the coach next year?

Who will stay and who will go on the roster?

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep Mason, get rid of Emery start looking for a good young backup goalie.

Give Berube another shot and stay away from the awful outrageous contracts

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I hope for and expect very little turnover this offseason. I would look at moving hartnell for something different up front. If you can trade Vinny, I would. But I don't expect either of those to happen.

Gus might get more of a look on d, especially if timonen retires or wants too much money.

I'd resign emery as a backup, he was fairly solid. Obviously mase was awesome.

Laughton probably makes the team at the expense of hall.

So really, a fourth line spot, and timonen are the only things I think could/should change.

shrike19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope they can do something about getting rid of hartnell, I've liked him at times, but this playoff series was a point of no return for him. THe only time he seems to have any fight in him is after the whistle, he constantly turns the puck over, and gets beat along the boards for the puck. He was their worst player in the series. I think they'll try to get the D a bit more mobile, coburn had a good series, but you never know when he's going to show up, grossman will be a year older. I see Berube coming back, and it looks like he wants a more up tempo game, so I could see him asking for more speed players, and guys good on the forecheck (but not muckers)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I hope for and expect very little turnover this offseason. I would look at moving hartnell for something different up front. If you can trade Vinny, I would. But I don't expect either of those to happen.

Gus might get more of a look on d, especially if timonen retires or wants too much money.

I'd resign emery as a backup, he was fairly solid. Obviously mase was awesome.

Laughton probably makes the team at the expense of hall.

So really, a fourth line spot, and timonen are the only things I think could/should change.

In a perfect world, I would buy Vinny out(here are the parameters of what it'd look like):
SEASON SALARY CAP HIT BUYOUT SAVINGS BUYOUT CAP HIT
2014-15 $4,000,000 $4,500,000 $1,000,000 $3,000,000 $1,500,000
2015-16 $2,500,000 $4,500,000 $1,000,000 $1,500,000 $3,000,000
2016-17 $2,500,000 $4,500,000 $1,000,000 $1,500,000 $3,000,000
2017-18 $3,000,000 $4,500,000 $1,000,000 $2,000,000 $2,500,000
2018-19 $0 $0 $1,000,000 -$1,000,000 $1,000,000
2019-20 $0 $0 $1,000,000 -$1,000,000 $1,000,000
2020-21 $0 $0 $1,000,000 -$1,000,000 $1,000,000
2021-22 $0 $0 $1,000,000 -$1,000,000 $1,000,000

They would save 3 million on the cap if they buy out Vinny, and then if you move Scott Hartnell for some difference piece at forward then I would go for it - they need more speed at forward, nobody can keep up with Jake on the top line

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I can agree with most of that. Maybe a young D makes it but Gusty showed promise too.

If Vinny is unhappy in his role he may want out although he was probably hurt that's why his ice was cut. Not giving up on him yet.

Harts hard to say he wasn’t looking good at the end. He may be worn down too or injured. Still think he can be solid on 2nd or 3rd line but Laughton will push for time guaranteed.

Happy they found their goalie Mase is the man. I hoped and he came through...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Heeter will be given every opportunity to be the back-up and I think the Flyers will dump Emery. I think Laughton and Heeter will be the two new additions.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he performed so well after this..

Steve Mason admits he was sidelined with a concussion | ProHockeyTalk

Fuck megna the pens and everything they stand for!

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ghost somehow makes the squad next year as well but at who's expense?? I hope it's for Coburn, I cannot wait to see the day he is gone!

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some great ideas....
It starts with Homer. Does he want to be back? Is he wanted back?
I think Berube did a fine job with the cards he was dealt and there is no question he should be back.

As for the Roster, if Timmonen wants to come back, and I would leave it up to him first, it would have to be at a reduced price. He would have a defined reduced role and that would be it. He is a classy guy and has been a great player (and overlooked throughout the league for years)...but he is undersized, has lost a step when over used, and can break down.

I try to move Hartnell, but he has a no movement contract, so that will be tricky. He appeared to be hurt/laboring the second half of the season so there is the chance he was sucking it up and playing hurt and that is why he looked so slow so often. And lest not kid ourselves, Hartnell was never quick, he had good second step speed. As for Vinny, his was never quick either and his back injury has made it impossible for him to stride which makes him...slow...a buyout is one option, but I always felt that the Vinny signing was a stop gap for both parties...we shall see.

There is the good group that could be built around. The blue line is going to be tricky for the next couple years, but we knew that. It should eventually be a strength...if all of the prospects pan out and stay healthy.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the season at an end, now what will happen?

Will Homer still be the GM or will hextall take over?

Will Chief be the coach next year?

Who will stay and who will go on the roster?

I like him,but if you're going to replace him,I'd grab Torts who was let go in Vancouver.He would definitely light a fire under most of the guys ass's to get them going.

Give him 2 year's (ala Mike Keenan) to work his system

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how anyone could want to fire Berube. Flyers weren't even a playoff team last season & they were on pace to have the worst record in team history before Berube turned things around. I don't see how you could fire a coach who has done all that in 1 season. Quite an impressive turnaround from what we saw during the final months of the Peter Laviolette era IMO.

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DoobeeDoobeeDoo;4873485[B said:
]I don't get how anyone could want to fire Berube[/B]. Flyers weren't even a playoff team last season & they were on pace to have the worst record in team history before Berube turned things around. I don't see how you could fire a coach who has done all that in 1 season. Quite an impressive turnaround from what we saw during the final months of the Peter Laviolette era IMO.

I'd keep him too,no doubt,torts is just an option.Chief worked wonders with what he had.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd keep him too,no doubt,torts is just an option.Chief worked wonders with what he had.

I could respect that, Tortorella would probably be the best choice to replace Berube if the Flyers cut ties with Berube for whatever reason. Sort of similar coaching philosophies.

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what he had,he did a great job.Hell,the Phantoms were near the bottom of the AHL in offence/defence/goaltending.

I may be of a minority consesus,but their drafting has royally sucked,the past few years.Screw the best player available mentality,and get the players that fulfill your needs.

Hard to bring up guys from the farm,when they suck down there!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what he had,he did a great job.Hell,the Phantoms were near the bottom of the AHL in offence/defence/goaltending.

I may be of a minority consesus,but their drafting has royally sucked,the past few years.Screw the best player available mentality,and get the players that fulfill your needs.

I agree about their recent drafting, although they might be turning the corner with picks like Morin. & Hagg last year. I was rather impressed with how they played that.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could respect that, Tortorella would probably be the best choice to replace Berube if the Flyers cut ties with Berube for whatever reason. Sort of similar coaching philosophies.

Oh God I just barfed in my mouth after reading Torts could be in line if Chief is out, He is nothing but a CANCER to every team he coaches, he destroys and dismantles every team he has gotten his hands on, Rangers & Canuck fans will agree, please keep that moron away from this team!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh God I just barfed in my mouth after reading Torts could be in line if Chief is out, He is nothing but a CANCER to every team he coaches, he destroys and dismantles every team he has gotten his hands on, Rangers & Canuck fans will agree, please keep that moron away from this team!

:lol::agree:

If they were to fire Craig Berube (don't think they should tho ) I would go after Barry Trotz or possibly Todd McLellan over John Tortorella.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berube isn't going anywhere and if he does, the Flyer's FO need their collective heads examined.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who and why in the fuck are people thinking of firing Berube??? He did amazing this year and probably would've won the jack Adams if not for Roy. He inherited a 1-7 out of shape team and not not got them conditioned but taught them a new and IMO better system for their players oh yea and got the in the playoffs. That's a pretty same good season IMO. The only way I'd replace him is if Hitchcock or Babcock was available.

I swear if Torts is coach he will ruin this team and it's players, he's a shit coach with one style. Play for a tie and let's win a shoot-out. Hey John there are no fucking who pouts in the playoffs and you can just alienate your players for fun you dumb ass. The fact that he was so out spoken about the flyers organization being full of goons and thugs before the winter classic should ensure he no where near this team thank god.

Now I saw this with love since we're all Flyers fans here but I want to punch whoever suggested brining Torts in as coach in the face hoping it will knock them out of shock that the season is over and allow then to properly think again.

We NEED to do the following...

- re-investigate Weber since his name keeps coming up just to se what the price is and if it's within the realm of reason.
- take a serious look at trading for Cody Franson
- make a very serious and aggressive attempt to sign Matt Niskanen if he's available
- consider signing Nikita Nikitan if the money was right he has great size, mobility and luck handling skills
- try to trade Hartnell & Vinny
- decide if Akeson is with the big club next year or Raffl will be a full time 3rd liner if not then try to sign Kulemin to fill one spot
- if we can move Hartnell or Vinny make a serious effort to sign Matt Moulson to play with G & Jake
- NOT TRADE AWAY either Schenns, Couturier, Simmonds, Vorachek, AMac & Coburn unless their essential to land a game changer and no more then 2 depending on who were getting ( I love the Schenns & think they'll end up both being great players but if it gets us Weber we have to make the move as an example).

Ok that's all I have for right now. I'm still trying to duct tape my heart back together. This season was an emotional roller coaster but I'm very glad & lucky I had such a passionate group of fans to share and discuss it was, yep I'm talking about you jerks:nod: