• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Now???

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on your comments during yesterday's game it didn't seem too early to begin the conversation(s). Of course there are still games to be played, but there's a trade deadline that ends at 4pm tomorrow and draft positioning to consider in season. Sometime later free agency will also have to be explored. Again this is solely based upon comments made yesterday. If it's too early, then it's too early, and the thread will be available when the time is right.

1. Should Washington be buyers, sellers or neither leading to Tuesdays trading deadline?
a. Who should they buy?
b. Who should they sell?
c. Why should they stand pat?

2. How many games before they are out of playoff contention, if any, and what's the move then? ( if they run the table they could still win the division or take a WC slot)

3. Should they go draft, trade, or free agency, when the question is QB?
a. Why the draft? ( who do you realistically think they will draft?)
b. Why the trade route? (Who do you trade for and at what cost?)
c. Why free agency? (Who would this player be that's cut loose and why should Washington grab him?)

4. 2022 potential free agents__ any that Washington should pursue?

2022 NFL Free Agents: Top free agents by position potentially avai…

www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-free-agents-top-free-agents-by-position-available/
www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-free-agents-top-free-agents-by-position-a…

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will happen at the trade deadline
RR will be the HC next year
I dont see any difference makers to trade for at this point
No one with any ability will come here until the drama ends

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs to start over…..again.

step one is to build a competent front office with proven talent evaluators and executives that have worked in a competent, successful franchises. Look to woo execs from franchises like New England, KC, or New Orleans where they have long track record of building sustainable success. This is where you spend money. There is no salary cap on the front office. Identify and acquire the best then get out of the way. You get this part wrong and what ever happens next with the building of the team will probably not work. This franchise has proven this consistently over the last two decades.

We should be sellers if we participate in any trades. We need to accumulate draft picks. We need young, hungry, talented, and cheap players for the building of this team. Once we have a core group of young talent via the draft, fill in holes via FA. Stay away from “seasoned” vets in FA. Too often, these players are looking for their last big check while their talent level has dropped.

while having a franchise QB is a necessity for sustained success, don’t let desperation guide your choice. The draft is where we will most likely find this key component. But realize that it may take a year or two for a young QB to develop. Have patience here and don’t reach. If you can’t find your QB this year, use your draft picks on building talent around this position. Thus, once you do draft your QB, he will not be expected to have to carry the team right out of the gate. Look at situations like Wilson in Seattle or even Jones in NE. While both have talent, they were drafted into situations that give them the opportunity to grow and learn.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok let’s get to a few reality checks
Detroit hired said front office guys from NE as did the Texans and they suck
I think we shouldn’t jump to judge our draft class yet . I like what I have seen out of some of them . Cosmi is a hit , BSJ looks to be as well. Davis is coming on and bates is getting more play . Brown needs some reps

I think we have a good o/ line and a good d/ line
Tell me Charles didn’t play decently yesterday . We could have our bookend tackles

At te Thomas and RSJ. Look like a good tandem

So before we obliterate the FO because you all thought winning the division with a 7 win team meant we are destined for greatness just what HC do we target ? And FO guys ? Not generic BS but actual names

As for qb go ahead and pipe dream about Wilson , AR or DW . They aren’t coming to a rebuilding team with a new FO and second rate coaches

RR has to look in the mirror and become more flexible as does his DC

Over and over again we see bonehead mistakes . Sliding too early , not expecting hail Mary’s and not jumping for the ball , throwing Hail Mary’ s out of the end zone , the list goes on and on . Look in the mirror coaches your guys are playing stupid football.

Let’s forget about stupid fuck trade ups in the draft

The lions and Texans aren’t passing up a franchise qb and they aren’t trading out

Right now we are picking 5th , we will have a chance at a good prospect at qb

Stop thinking the franchise qb is the end all be all . The Texans went 4-12 last yr with one . Matt stafford is one but the lions damn sure didn’t set the world on fire with one

And hell why pick anyone if you think he will get dicked up coming here

Why pick busts fields , Wilson or Lance which some of you advocated trading up for , if you think our staff will blow the job grooming them ?

Why pick jones , who is the type we need along with Lawrence , if you all don’t believe they will get proper coaching ?

I feel we need to keep playing hard , see what we have in Allen and hopefully get some guys back and be competitive .

I said last year that making the playoffs wasn’t a good thing for us but lo and behold that division title didn’t do any of the things the homers said it would for us ,

Instead it nurtured some entitled brats who thought the are better then they are .

Is Payne worth 20 mil now ? Settle 15 ? Chase and Montez 40 mil a piece ? Yeah right so keeping our d/line became even more doable naysayers

This team plays like it’s lost because it is lost . It has no name , it has a morally bankrupt owner , a front office that’s not up to the task on even simple things like honoring players

So RR said it would takes years to fix the culture and he is right .

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never agreed with a post from skinsdad to the degree with which I agree with his last posting on this thread.

Bravo, sir.

Stay the course, smart decisions in free agency / draft, recognize the good and keep it, and eliminate the bad.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is right and fans need to understand this . That doesn’t mean he is a great coach

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs to start over…..again.

step one is to build a competent front office with proven talent evaluators and executives that have worked in a competent, successful franchises. Look to woo execs from franchises like New England, KC, or New Orleans where they have long track record of building sustainable success. This is where you spend money. There is no salary cap on the front office. Identify and acquire the best then get out of the way. You get this part wrong and what ever happens next with the building of the team will probably not work. This franchise has proven this consistently over the last two decades.

We should be sellers if we participate in any trades. We need to accumulate draft picks. We need young, hungry, talented, and cheap players for the building of this team. Once we have a core group of young talent via the draft, fill in holes via FA. Stay away from “seasoned” vets in FA. Too often, these players are looking for their last big check while their talent level has dropped.

while having a franchise QB is a necessity for sustained success, don’t let desperation guide your choice. The draft is where we will most likely find this key component. But realize that it may take a year or two for a young QB to develop. Have patience here and don’t reach. If you can’t find your QB this year, use your draft picks on building talent around this position. Thus, once you do draft your QB, he will not be expected to have to carry the team right out of the gate. Look at situations like Wilson in Seattle or even Jones in NE. While both have talent, they were drafted into situations that give them the opportunity to grow and learn.
Which players do they sell and at what price? (draft picks)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder is the drama.. I don't see him ending any time soon .
Not to defend the Hungry Lil' Hamster,, but he's going to age, and hopefully, become a lot more settled in his quest to accumulate wealth. Then he'll focus more on making his franchise relevant by actually take his hands and other body parts out of the inner workings of this franchise. Now before anyone objects, think about your own changes from, 33 to 56. (ages when he bought the team to now)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is right and fans need to understand this . That doesn’t mean he is a great coach
If I'm one of his current players, I'd want out immediately simply because my career just might be one that only lasts 3 to 5 years as is the average. BTW: here's the other thing that I've learned by being and being around military personnel__ "Don't mistake the darkness as what comes before the dawn (light) because it could be what's left of a dying star!" (In other words, take advantage of your time, you don't get it back once it's gone)

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to defend the Hungry Lil' Hamster,, but he's going to age, and hopefully, become a lot more settled in his quest to accumulate wealth. Then he'll focus more on making his franchise relevant by actually take his hands and other body parts out of the inner workings of this franchise. Now before anyone objects, think about your own changes from, 33 to 56. (ages when he bought the team to now)
Sounds very reasonable, but I ask. What has changed in Snyder and has it been for the better? In his 30s we heard horror stories of leaving Norv Turner in a basement like room for 2 hours before he fired him. Or Mike Nolan when he was Def Co finding gal;lons of melting vanilla ice cream on his office desk with a note from Snyder that said I don't like vanilla showing his dismay for Nolan's simplistic schemes.

Fast forward to now and he soliciting cheerleaders to go entertain VIPs or what we'd call pimping n pandering on the streets. Or allowing hidden cameras to be set up in the cheerleaders dressing area w/o their knowledge. What would we label that? Soft ****? Employees being told not to leave their desk area when Snyder's in the building, not even to go to the bathroom. N ow he's a sweat-shop owner. Making fun of and humiliating employees in meetings. Raging fuckin dickhead?

And who was it, you I believe or maybe Sportster who made mention of coaches when here looking like they ,couldn't coach their way out of a bathroom stall with directional arrows on the floor showing them the way to go. They go somewhere else and amazingly look competent again.

He's not chillin out, he's amping shit up it seems like to me. He'll lay for a minute. A season or so, but when the questions n public dwmand has waned and the Skins have some new asinine name. he'll start back up.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to buy time with those comments. Year 3 is coming up and if Dan wasn't in such hot water, RR may have never seen year 5.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds very reasonable, but I ask. What has changed in Snyder and has it been for the better? In his 30s we heard horror stories of leaving Norv Turner in a basement like room for 2 hours before he fired him. Or Mike Nolan when he was Def Co finding gal;lons of melting vanilla ice cream on his office desk with a note from Snyder that said I don't like vanilla showing his dismay for Nolan's simplistic schemes.

Fast forward to now and he soliciting cheerleaders to go entertain VIPs or what we'd call pimping n pandering on the streets. Or allowing hidden cameras to be set up in the cheerleaders dressing area w/o their knowledge. What would we label that? Soft ****? Employees being told not to leave their desk area when Snyder's in the building, not even to go to the bathroom. N ow he's a sweat-shop owner. Making fun of and humiliating employees in meetings. Raging fuckin dickhead?

And who was it, you I believe or maybe Sportster who made mention of coaches when here looking like they ,couldn't coach their way out of a bathroom stall with directional arrows on the floor showing them the way to go. They go somewhere else and amazingly look competent again.

He's not chillin out, he's amping shit up it seems like to me. He'll lay for a minute. A season or so, but when the questions n public dwmand has waned and the Skins have some new asinine name. he'll start back up.
Yeah, when you put it that way it really does sound bad. :pound:

In as much as what's changed, well, there no more spending big for used up players. He hasn't sued a neighbor recently, Hasn't picked a favorite in a bit and segregated him from the rest of the team, is currently stepping aside in favor of RR and Co., that's a new approach, did Jamin Davis get the obligatory Snyder one plane ride and introduction at FedEx?

Snyder has changed, his fuck-ups have too, and there-in are the differences.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when you put it that way it really does sound bad. :pound:

In as much as what's changed, well, there no more spending big for used up players. He hasn't sued a neighbor recently, Hasn't picked a favorite in a bit and segregated him from the rest of the team, is currently stepping aside in favor of RR and Co., that's a new approach, did Jamin Davis get the obligatory Snyder one plane ride and introduction at FedEx?

Snyder has changed, his fuck-ups have too, and there-in are the differences.
lol what? unless you were talking about strictly football operations.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one thing left to look forward during this season -- Terry Freakin' Mclaurin winning me fantasy football games

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a year. Honestly what a month.

Easy to understand why this team is hemmoraging fans and support.

Another rock bottom for this franchise :(

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are losing fans because every choice they make is anti fan