• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now what....

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the cap tight. I wonder if Hextall would package both Schenn's in a deal? I know Hextall has gone on record saying Schenn is top priority, but he is do a healthy raise.. Cody Hodgsen and Tyler Myers?? Nevermind.. Probably would defeat the purpose.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the cap tight. I wonder if Hextall would package both Schenn's in a deal? I know Hextall has gone on record saying Schenn is top priority, but he is do a healthy raise.. Cody Hodgsen and Tyler Myers?? Nevermind.. Probably would defeat the purpose.

I don't expect a "healthy raise" B. Schenn. What exactly has he done? He had his best year to date, sure. But, that still only amounted to 20 G/21 A. I fully expect a bridge deal much like Couturier got. A 2-year deal worth around 3 mil per. This would allow the Flyers to keep him as a RFA at the competion of the deal.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect a "healthy raise" B. Schenn. What exactly has he done? He had his best year to date, sure. But, that still only amounted to 20 G/21 A. I fully expect a bridge deal much like Couturier got. A 2-year deal worth around 3 mil per. This would allow the Flyers to keep him as a RFA at the competion of the deal.

Agreed with this

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) No to both of those scenarios

3) I like both guys, Hemsky would be a nice fit at the right price

4) I would think with Lavy being there, they'd want to give MDZ a shot, but I wouldn't mind that deal

5) Brian Elliott re-signed in STL so he's not available now - I'd like them to sign Al Montoya from the Jets, he was good this season

6) Yes to Scott Hartnell, no to Mark Streit - Mark Streit is too key to their defense to move him, he can run the PP really well, he had 10 goals and 40 points this season, that wouldn't be easy to replace

Agreed with this

I agree with all of these.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Schenn getting $4mil. It is certainly a risk, but could end up a huge steal.

Any big free agent signing we make should be short term. Unfortunately no one on the open market is going to give up a big pay day for us when we aren't exactly top tier contenders. If we can get a Michalek, Cammalleri, or Hemsky on a short term deal I am all for it.

We need a new backup. Emery's lateral movement is just killer. A backup doesn't have to be great at everything, but Emery's fatal flaw is way too big.

Dear God, say no to Niskanen. We don't need another top 4 defenseman with a big contract. He doesn't put our defense over the top.