• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame will boycott CFP if

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that I'd be pissed if I were Texas A&M. To have one team in the playoff with only six games played and another team staying in the top 4 after being blown out has got to be infuriating.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that I'd be pissed if I were Texas A&M. To have one team in the playoff with only six games played and another team staying in the top 4 after being blown out has got to be infuriating.
TAMU got blown out as well, and had no compensating win over the team that blew them out. tOSU had no losses, and the 3 games they missed were against teams they likely would’ve beaten severely.

If you want to be considered elite, don’t lose 52-24 when you play the elite team on your schedule. Had that game been 31-24, TAMU is almost surely in.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAMU got blown out as well, and had no compensating win over the team that blew them out. tOSU had no losses, and the 3 games they missed were against teams they likely would’ve beaten severely.

If you want to be considered elite, don’t lose 52-24 when you play the elite team on your schedule. Had that game been 31-24, TAMU is almost surely in.
Likely isn’t the same as did, you can’t lose games you don’t play. Or lose valuable players to injury, or even just play poorly. OSU may well be top 4, but playing 6 games instead of 10 or 11 should be disqualifying, especially when the conference has to change rules they all agreed to before the season, just so they could play in the CCG, and now have changed the rules again so they can get players back that might not have been able to play because they tested positive for covid. Is it their fault their conference made some stupid decisions before the season? No, but that doesn’t mean the conference should be protected from the consequences of them either.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely isn’t the same as did, you can’t lose games you don’t play. Or lose valuable players to injury, or even just play poorly. OSU may well be top 4, but playing 6 games instead of 10 or 11 should be disqualifying, especially when the conference has to change rules they all agreed to before the season, just so they could play in the CCG, and now have changed the rules again so they can get players back that might not have been able to play because they tested positive for covid. Is it their fault their conference made some stupid decisions before the season? No, but that doesn’t mean the conference should be protected from the consequences of them either.
But that same argument works in reverse. TAMU DID get blown out badly by Bama. tOSU never lost.

I agree about the conference being protected, but I don’t think tOSU should be penalized just because their conference “leaders” were imbeciles.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already more dancing from CFB playoff committee

CFP committee willing to postpone New Year's Six bowl games if COVID-19 issues occur, Bill Hancock says​

The College Football Playoff is willing to postpone most of its New Year's Six bowl games, including its two semifinal games and the national championship, if one or both teams can't participate because of COVID-19 issues, CFP executive director Bill Hancock told ESPN on Monday evening.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already more dancing from CFB playoff committee

CFP committee willing to postpone New Year's Six bowl games if COVID-19 issues occur, Bill Hancock says​

The College Football Playoff is willing to postpone most of its New Year's Six bowl games, including its two semifinal games and the national championship, if one or both teams can't participate because of COVID-19 issues, CFP executive director Bill Hancock told ESPN on Monday evening.

I agree. One semi finalist getting a bye would create a big advantage in the final.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that same argument works in reverse. TAMU DID get blown out badly by Bama. tOSU never lost.

I agree about the conference being protected, but I don’t think tOSU should be penalized just because their conference “leaders” were imbeciles.
No, it doesn’t work in reverse. What happens if the A&M game wasn’t played? They don’t get blown out by Alabama, then they never lost either. You can’t lose games you don’t play.

OSU actively benefited from the stupid decisions the conference made, they played less games, exposing them to less danger of losing, either games or players, and there’s more tread on the tires of the players they have. No, you shouldn’t be ranked #3 when you’ve played half the games the other contenders have.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it doesn’t work in reverse. What happens if the A&M game wasn’t played? They don’t get blown out by Alabama, then they never lost either. You can’t lose games you don’t play.

OSU actively benefited from the stupid decisions the conference made, they played less games, exposing them to less danger of losing, either games or players, and there’s more tread on the tires of the players they have. No, you shouldn’t be ranked #3 when you’ve played half the games the other contenders have.

We're all sorry that OSU broke the CFP's rule that you have to play more than 6 games to be considered.

Oh, there wasn't any such rule?

ok, cool. you have a fabulous opinion. you should be proud of it.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t it come down to tOSU beat 3 ranked teams and A&M only beat 1????
I guess if you want to count Penn State as a ranked opponent, you’d technically be right, but the Committee would be awfully generous if they gave them much credit for that, and Northwestern and Indiana each played one team with a winning record, so if you want to think they deserve their rankings based on those killer schedules, then they do have 3 ranked wins.

A&M played three teams with winning records, lost to Bama and beat Florida.

Reasonable people can disagree on which resume is better.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TAMU hasn't not shit the bed in my entire lifetime. Losing by 28 to the team they'd play didn't encourage me.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're all sorry that OSU broke the CFP's rule that you have to play more than 6 games to be considered.

Oh, there wasn't any such rule?

ok, cool. you have a fabulous opinion. you should be proud of it.
I never said they had a rule like that, they could put a team in that hadn’t played any games at all if they wanted to, it doesn’t mean I think it would be the right thing to do.

Unless it was Bama, then it would be fine.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Alabama may have done it first but Notre Dame will have to do it more often.

Not something to brag about (not saying you are)...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Osu played more games than TAMU since October 23. And that was with having 3 games canceled. It's not like TAMU has been facing a gauntlet of opponents down the stretch. They played 3 games in the last 7 weeks of the season lol.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osu played more games than TAMU since October 23. And that was with having 3 games canceled. It's not like TAMU has been facing a gauntlet of opponents down the stretch. They played 3 games in the last 7 weeks of the season lol.
And while OSU was sitting on their ass, A&M played 4 games, including two top ten teams, the champions of the SEC East and West, and has played one less game than OSU has since OSU finally started playing.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while OSU was sitting on their ass, A&M played 4 games, including two top ten teams, the champions of the SEC East and West, and has played one less game than OSU has since OSU finally started playing.

Notre Dame is the first cfp participant to make the playoffs losing by more than 2 tds.

And they beat the team they lost to

How on any planet could you justify them playing the same team that beat them by 28 points much less making the field having lost by that much.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, if TAMU missed Alabama I agree. Ohio State missed 3 awful teams. We still cannot unsee the Bama/TAMU game.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame is the first cfp participant to make the playoffs losing by more than 2 tds.

And they beat the team they lost to

How on any planet could you justify them playing the same team that beat them by 28 points much less making the field having lost by that much.
ND is the second.

Georgia had lost by 23 to Auburn in the RS in 17. But they beat Auburn in the SECCG by 21.