• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP + New Year's 6 Bowl Projections (Post Week 14)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
The last ratings are always interesting. Ultimately it would come down to resume vs eye test. Even Ute fans ( id assume ) would admit Baylors resume is better but Utah has certainly looked like the better team throughout the year. It would be a fun debate either way

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last ratings are always interesting. Ultimately it would come down to resume vs eye test. Even Ute fans ( id assume ) would admit Baylors resume is better but Utah has certainly looked like the better team throughout the year. It would be a fun debate either way
True. Judging from the previous weeks this committee puts more stock in the eye test. There is no "resume" reason to have had some of them ranked as high as they did to begin with. But they did.

gotigersgo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Oklahoma's SOS is 22nd and LSU's is 25th.

Secondly, you don't watch college football. That much is clear. I won't even bother addressing your second part, it possibly the worst sports take I've seen in years.

You think it's a bad take because you have no argument? I know where LSU would finish in the Big12. So where do you think Oklahoma would finish in the SEC West? Do you really think they would beat Alabama, Auburn, and Florida? Where did you find your SOS rankings? ESPN's FPI has Oklahoma finishing fourth in the SEC west and 6th overall.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Oklahoma's SOS is 22nd and LSU's is 25th.

Secondly, you don't watch college football. That much is clear. I won't even bother addressing your second part, it possibly the worst sports take I've seen in years.

OU and LSU have both played the same amount of top 30 teams (per Sagarin). To LSU's credit they do have two top 10 wins (Bama and UGA) while OU's highest ranked win is Baylor at #15.

BIG 12 isn't a bad conference.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think it's a bad take because you have no argument? I know where LSU would finish in the Big12. So where do you think Oklahoma would finish in the SEC West? Do you really think they would beat Alabama, Auburn, and Florida? Where did you find your SOS rankings? ESPN's FPI has Oklahoma finishing fourth in the SEC west and 6th overall.

College Football Ratings Page

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and going by FPI, OU's within 0.5 of Auburn and Florida. I wouldn't say that's a big enough margin to state a team's absolutely better.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and going by FPI, OU's within 0.5 of Auburn and Florida. I wouldn't say that's a big enough margin to state a team's absolutely better.
You are using data. He is using SEC rose colored glasses.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma would probably be second, but they could play with LSU, no question. They have the offense to keep up with them.

I think they could have out-scored Bama this year, just like LSU did. Auburn and Florida are nice teams, but yeah I think OU beats both of them. And then you said they'd possibly finish behind A&M? That's the part that lost it for you.

SOS is from Sagarin. But I'm sure your FPI data, coming from a source that has a contract with the SEC, isn't skewed towards the SEC at all.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a tough argument to have because its really just a guess. Like i think Wisconsin would be 12-0 with Utahs schedule and i think there are 15 teams who would be unbeaten with Clemsons schedule etc. Personally , to me, OU, LSU and Bama are pretty much the same team. Elite offenses with pedestrian defenses so i could see OU winning the West if everything broke right or finishing as low as 4th if it all went wrong.

gotigersgo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma would probably be second, but they could play with LSU, no question. They have the offense to keep up with them.

I think they could have out-scored Bama this year, just like LSU did. Auburn and Florida are nice teams, but yeah I think OU beats both of them. And then you said they'd possibly finish behind A&M? That's the part that lost it for you.

SOS is from Sagarin. But I'm sure your FPI data, coming from a source that has a contract with the SEC, isn't skewed towards the SEC at all.

SEC rose colored glasses? The SEC has won half of he last 20 National Championships with 5 different teams. Kansas State beat Oklahoma by the same margin that they beat Mississippi State. Texas A&M has five losses: Clemson (-14), LSU(-43), Georgia(-6), Auburn(-8) and Alabama(-19). They did not lose a game outside the top 10. If Oklahoma played A&M's schedule, they would probably have the same record as A&M.

If LSU loses an OU wins:

Best win-Alabama>Baylor
2nd best win-Florida>Baylor
3rd best win-Auburn>OkSt
Best (only) loss-Georgia>Kstate

If LSU wins and OU and UU lose: Georgia in CFP.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC rose colored glasses? The SEC has won half of he last 20 National Championships with 5 different teams. Kansas State beat Oklahoma by the same margin that they beat Mississippi State. Texas A&M has five losses: Clemson (-14), LSU(-43), Georgia(-6), Auburn(-8) and Alabama(-19). They did not lose a game outside the top 10. If Oklahoma played A&M's schedule, they would probably have the same record as A&M.

If LSU loses an OU wins:

Best win-Alabama>Baylor
2nd best win-Florida>Baylor
3rd best win-Auburn>OkSt
Best (only) loss-Georgia>Kstate

If LSU wins and OU and UU lose: Georgia in CFP.
Not really sure what Tennessee's NC win in the 90s has to do with this conversation, but alright.

Kansas State beat Oklahoma by the same margin they beat Mississippi State. What's your point? Missouri beat South Carolina by 20 while Georgia lost to South Carolina by 3. Does this mean Missouri is 23 points better than Georgia? Obviously not. You can't use a monumental upset to try and determine what a team would do over a 12 game schedule.

With A&M's schedule, Oklahoma would be anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2, possibly 11-1. A&M is a joke. Since you're a fan of looking at point margins, tell me how much A&M beat pathetic Arkansas by.

You still are missing the point. The committee has said that conference championships matter when it comes to comparing two teams with the same record. As I initially said, the committee would be left with a decision to either stick to their guidelines or go against them if OU wins and LSU loses.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gator bowl is likely closer. I'm rooting for Bama to make it.
If the Gator was on the 1st during the day, I would love it! Alas, it is at night on the 2nd this year.

gotigersgo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With A&M's schedule, Oklahoma would be anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2, possibly 11-1. A&M is a joke. Since you're a fan of looking at point margins, tell me how much A&M beat pathetic Arkansas by.

You still are missing the point. The committee has said that conference championships matter when it comes to comparing two teams with the same record. As I initially said, the committee would be left with a decision to either stick to their guidelines or go against them if OU wins and LSU loses.

So, you're saying that a team that is currently 11-1 would win 4 out 5 against @LSU, @GEORGIA, @Clemson, Alabama and Auburn.

winning 2 of 5 would be astonishing. 7-5 much more likely than 11-1

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would think if LSU first they'd take the Peach which would knock Clemson out

So I'd think Clemson would hope for OSU to get first and they likely go with the Fiesta
That would be my guess if OSU is #1 then they would go to the Fiesta but I’m looking at a lot of different projections and they have OSU going to Peach. Maybe UGA beating LSU and putting LSU to #4 may sway OSU/LSU to the Fiesta and could they really resist having UGA and Clemson playing in the peach :hope:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I messed by 3. I knew that when I did it but was too late to edit. But the rest is correct.

Translation: YOU FUCKED UP EVERYTHING

Nothing new really. Everything you said would be wrong. You are to stupid too admit it though.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: YOU FUCKED UP EVERYTHING

Nothing new really. Everything you said would be wrong. You are to stupid too admit it though.
Incorrect. I am right always