• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP + New Year's 6 Bowl Projections (Post Week 14)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan can leave their starters at home too to even it out!

FWIW, I am hoping for Iowa State-Alabama Orlando Daily Double with the Cyclones in the CWB and Alabama in the Citrus. 'Twould be totally cool.
On the other hand, it's better than the Holiday bowl against Washington - then opening the season with Washington next year. Which is still a possibility I guess but the worst option. I've also heard us vs. Auburn in the Citrus. I like that better, if only because we've only played Auburn like two times in history.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol no way. LSU is in the playoff regardless of what happens.

eh, no........

regardless? if lsu gets blown out, they're out......... if GA win by 10 or less, imo lsu is still in at 4....... (same exact scenario for OSU)

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you may be accurate on your prediction, this is not how it should be. It makes no sense to let one of the teams lose, and also claim they may just be the best team.

why????

Considering what lsu has done all year, how could you say utah, bay, okla would deserve to be in over the tigers? compare the losses.......

and fuck you for making me defend lswho...... :L

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia beat Murray State. Much more impressive! lol. Screw the Sugar. I want Alabama in the Citrus vs. Minnesota or Notre Dame - which I think are both possible if a B1G team (Penn State) goes to the Orange. Amirite?

why do you hate minnesota that much?

why?
why?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why????

Considering what lsu has done all year, how could you say utah, bay, okla would deserve to be in over the tigers? compare the losses.......

we are having the same conversation in two threads... Yes, I agree that LSU will be in. But if they just had proven they aren't better than Georgia, then there is no reason to have them in the playoffs to try to prove they are better than Georgia (and 2 other teams).

of note: I'm not defending Georgia. these championship games are the closest thing we have to playoffs beyond 4 teams. And this year is unique in that 2 of the playoff teams are playing each other in a few days. Therefore, my personal opinion is that only one of them should advance.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why????

I don't hate Minnesota at all! However, I was at the 2004 Music City Bowl when Barber III-Maloney beat Alabama 21-16! I simply want a little revenge against the Gophers - who are the only B1G Team with an all-time winning record vs. the Tide! :)

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a true pussy would be offended because they weren't tagged in a post. Get over it, you worthless sack of shit.

Offended? Who the fuck is offended? I'm calling out a pussy move on the part of a pussy bitch.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you may be accurate on your prediction, this is not how it should be. It makes no sense to let one of the teams lose, and also claim they may just be the best team.

If you look at the entire season as a whole, who they have played, who they have beaten and, in Georgia's case, who they've lost to, LSU is the clear better team. Georgia beating LSU on a neutral site doesn't change that for me.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, no........

regardless? if lsu gets blown out, they're out......... if GA win by 10 or less, imo lsu is still in at 4....... (same exact scenario for OSU)

An LSU loss doesn't knock them out of the playoff. No way.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the entire season as a whole, who they have played, who they have beaten and, in Georgia's case, who they've lost to, LSU is the clear better team. Georgia beating LSU on a neutral site doesn't change that for me.
But we are at the end now. The season got us to this point, and Georgia got very lucky to be in the top 4. But they are there so...

Whoever wins has proven that they are the better team. Therefore, just one of these two teams should advance. It likely wont happen this way.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An LSU loss doesn't knock them out of the playoff. No way.
If they lose big, I could see it happen. It isn't like this has been a completely dominant team this year. If they lose, that leaves Ohio State, Clemson, and UGA as locks. If OU beats Baylor big, which I think is very possible, how are you going to leave out OU when they're going to have a similar SOS, the same record, and a conference championship? Also, the committee has shown they don't have the extreme SEC bias like what you see in the AP/Coaches polls, and I'm sure they would love to have a playoff that is comprised of only conference champs if they have the chance to.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs
Peach (1) Ohia State vs (4) Utah
Fiesta (2) LSU vs (3) Clemson

Cotton- Boise vs Oklahoma
Orange- Virginia vs Alabama
Rose- Oregon vs Wisconsin
Sugar- Georgia vs Baylor
1. LSU will be #1 after the CCGs.
2. The B12 Champ will be on the CCG over Utah (Baylor will have beat every team in their schedule including a final win over OU).
3. you have OU winning the B12 in your top post, then going to Cotton and not Sugar. So, you don’t even know how the tie-ins work

Last edited:

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoot on the NY6! I am looking forward to the Alabama-Minnesota Outback Bowl more than I would an Alabama-Memphis Cotton Bowl or an Alabama-Virginia Orange Bowl. It's a Day Game against a B1G Team, Outside in Florida on NYD, and I can take my wife to Bern's Steakhouse!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how is Cincy still your G5 NY6 representative?

You they're gonna beat Memphis, Boise State's gonna lose to Hawaii AND App State is gonna lose to Louisiana?

Because the winner of the AAC should/will likely be the highest ranked G5 conference champion.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. LSU will be #1 after the CCGs.
2. The B12 Champ will be on the CCG over Utah (Baylor will have beat every team in their schedule including a final win over OU).
3. you have OU winning the B12 in your top post, then going to Cotton and not Sugar. So, you don’t even know how the tie-ins work
1. Unlikely
2. Possibly
3. Irrelevant

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose big, I could see it happen. It isn't like this has been a completely dominant team this year. If they lose, that leaves Ohio State, Clemson, and UGA as locks. If OU beats Baylor big, which I think is very possible, how are you going to leave out OU when they're going to have a similar SOS, the same record, and a conference championship? Also, the committee has shown they don't have the extreme SEC bias like what you see in the AP/Coaches polls, and I'm sure they would love to have a playoff that is comprised of only conference champs if they have the chance to.

If LSU loses, then we got a top four regardless of what happens in the Pac 12 or Big 12 championship. LSU's loss would be to a playoff team. I can't see LSU, being as good as they are and beating 3 top 15 teams this year, missing out because they lose on neutral field in the SEC title game. At worst, they are #4 with Georgia being #3.

You could leave out OU because OU has not played very well against good competition this year. OU has a bad loss to Kansas State who is unranked currently, barely beat Texas, who is unranked currently, barely beat Iowa State who is unranked currently, barely beat TCU who isn't bowl eligible and they had to make an historic comeback in order to bear Baylor the first time. To me, they are not a top 4 team even with a Big 12 title.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Bama go to the Sugar Bowl over UGA is we lose the SECCG?

We aren't even going to the Cotton Bowl...UF is rated higher. Citrus Bowl here we come....Which I'm cool with as I live close.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LSU loses, then we got a top four regardless of what happens in the Pac 12 or Big 12 championship. LSU's loss would be to a playoff team. I can't see LSU, being as good as they are and beating 3 top 15 teams this year, missing out because they lose on neutral field in the SEC title game. At worst, they are #4 with Georgia being #3.

You could leave out OU because OU has not played very well against good competition this year. OU has a bad loss to Kansas State who is unranked currently, barely beat Texas, who is unranked currently, barely beat Iowa State who is unranked currently, barely beat TCU who isn't bowl eligible and they had to make an historic comeback in order to bear Baylor the first time. To me, they are not a top 4 team even with a Big 12 title.
To be fair, LSU beat Texas by the same amount. You could also point out the fact that LSU, while having an amazing offense, let some really bad teams roll all over their defense - Vanderbilt had 38 points on them, their highest point total of the year, and Ole Miss had 37 points and over 600 yards of offense on them, both season highs outside of an FCS team and New Mexico State.

When you factor in the committee saying they value conference championships when comparing two teams with the same record, it wouldn't be surprising.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, LSU beat Texas by the same amount. You could also point out the fact that LSU, while having an amazing offense, let some really bad teams roll all over their defense - Vanderbilt had 38 points on them, their highest point total of the year, and Ole Miss had 37 points and over 600 yards of offense on them, both season highs outside of an FCS team and New Mexico State.

When you factor in the committee saying they value conference championships when comparing two teams with the same record, it wouldn't be surprising.

Ok, so scratch the Texas game. LSU has 2 bad defensive efforts and, for arguments sake, Georgia beats LSU. LSU would have the better loss, the better wins (OU has 2 ranked wins (#7 Baylor and #25 Okie State) to LSU's 3 (#9 Florida, #11 Auburn, #12 Alabama)) and much fewer close games with bad opponents. OU has 4 wins by 1 TD with 3 of them coming against unranked opponents, compared to LSU's 3 wins by 1 TD with 2 of them coming against teams in the top 12 (Auburn and Alabama). LSU has scored over 50 points in 6 games this season while OU has scored over 50 points three times. OU's defense has allowed at least 2 TDs in each game while LSU's defense held 3 teams to 1 TD or under.

In my opinion, there's no reality that tells me that Oklahoma deserves to be in the playoff over LSU. Oklahoma is a great team and obviously deserving of being in playoff discussions, I just think they will need Georgia and probably Utah to lose in order to have an actual shot at getting in the playoff.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so scratch the Texas game. LSU has 2 bad defensive efforts and, for arguments sake, Georgia beats LSU. LSU would have the better loss, the better wins (OU has 2 ranked wins (#7 Baylor and #25 Okie State) to LSU's 3 (#9 Florida, #11 Auburn, #12 Alabama)) and much fewer close games with bad opponents. OU has 4 wins by 1 TD with 3 of them coming against unranked opponents, compared to LSU's 3 wins by 1 TD with 2 of them coming against teams in the top 12 (Auburn and Alabama). LSU has scored over 50 points in 6 games this season while OU has scored over 50 points three times. OU's defense has allowed at least 2 TDs in each game while LSU's defense held 3 teams to 1 TD or under.

In my opinion, there's no reality that tells me that Oklahoma deserves to be in the playoff over LSU. Oklahoma is a great team and obviously deserving of being in playoff discussions, I just think they will need Georgia and probably Utah to lose in order to have an actual shot at getting in the playoff.
Actually OU would have three ranked wins - Baylor x2 and Okie State. Baylor is likely going to finish below Florida if they lose, but not by much, while probably being ahead of Baylor and Alabama (I don't see the committee dropping them 6 spots).

I'm not saying I think Oklahoma is a better team, but I think they are both very close teams based on SOS and team stats. The main point is that the committee has said they value conference titles when comparing two similar teams, so that would go Oklahoma's way in this scenario. I also think if they win, they jump Utah unless OU barely squeaks by Baylor and Utah absolutely destroys Oregon.