• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP + New Year's 6 Bowl Projections (Post Week 4)

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peach Bowl: (1) Clemson vs. (4) Oklahoma
Fiesta Bowl: (2) Alabama vs. (3) Ohio State

Cotton Bowl: LSU vs. Boise State
Orange Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest
Rose Bowl: Oregon vs. Wisconsin
Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Texas

Reminder of the Tie-Ins
Rose: BigTen vs. PAC-12
Sugar: SEC vs. BigXII
Orange: ACC vs. BigTen OR SEC OR Notre Dame
Cotton: no tie-in

What happened this week? Boise State solidified their claim as the top G5 team, ensuring that they will go to the Cotton Bowl if they win out. Wisconsin bludgeoned Michigan, setting up what is probably a 2-game series between them and Ohio State. At this point I still believe Ohio State's offense will be too much for Wisconsin's stellar defense, but I would love to be wrong. Winner of the UW/Oregon game is likely headed to Pasadena although many eyes out west will be focused on the Oct 5th Oregon/Cal game to see if Cal is for real.

Every year the G5 team is forced to go to the Peach, Fiesta, or Cotton. Since the Peach and Fiesta are the semifinals, that means they are going to the Cotton.

Note: If not for the LSU vs. Texas regular-season matchup, that would have been the Sugar Bowl game. Since they play in the regular season, LSU was shuffled over to the Cotton (BigXII team is locked into the Sugar).

Additional note: I would have placed Virginia as the ACC team in the Orange Bowl, but excluded them to avoid the ND rematch.

As always, feel free to comment on the above projections, or better yet...post your own.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet convinced that Wake Forest is any good. They barely beat Utah St. at home in a game that was a ping pong match.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet convinced that Wake Forest is any good. They barely beat Utah St. at home in a game that was a ping pong match.

Oh, make no mistake...they aren't very good. But they have to take an ACC team to face Notre Dame, and Notre Dame plays Virginia in the regular season. Who else is left?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cotton Bowl: LSU vs. Memphis
Orange Bowl: Penn State vs. Virginia
Rose Bowl: California vs. Wisconsin
Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Kansas State

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cotton Bowl: LSU vs. Memphis
Orange Bowl: Penn State vs. Virginia
Rose Bowl: California vs. Wisconsin
Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Kansas State

Notre Dame would have to lose 2 more games to miss the Orange Bowl. Who else are they losing to?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame would have to lose 2 more games to miss the Orange Bowl. Who else are they losing to?

They can easily drop the UVA game. The Michigan game is a coin flip and Navy always plays them tough. Possibly 2 to 3 more losses coming their way.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreaming of a Rose Bowl. That would be so rad.

By far my top 4 live sporting events I’ve been a part of. Win or lose, the Rose Bowl experience is second to none.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can easily drop the UVA game. The Michigan game is a coin flip and Navy always plays them tough. Possibly 2 to 3 more losses coming their way.

I expect Notre Dame to be favored by double digits in every game but Michigan.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peach Bowl: (1) Clemson vs. (4) Auburn
Fiesta Bowl: (2) Georgia vs. (3) Oklahoma

Cotton Bowl: Alabama vs. Boise State
Rose Bowl: USC vs. Wisconsin
Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. Texas

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bold choices!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyyyyyy...I don't see the Gamecocks anywhere

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Georgia and Alabama getting in is a possibility, but it would be nearly impossible for Georgia and Auburn to get in. Neither Georgia nor Auburn is gonna get the Alabama treatment and get in without making the SECCG, neither team has Bama's clout.

For Georgia and Auburn to both make it, one team is gonna have to enter the SECCG undefeated, and the other is gonna have to enter 11-1 with the only loss being to the other team, and the 11-1 team would have to win the SECCG, and even then, I doubt the committee would put in two teams that had already played twice this season.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LSU would get stuck playing the Non-AQ school again, I would lose it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Washington will beat USC and I don't have confidence in Oregon. Other than those two, who could make it through from the Pac? Cal, I suppose, but we'll see if they can overcome Oregon in Eugene, assuming they make it past Arizona State next week.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Washington will beat USC and I don't have confidence in Oregon. Other than those two, who could make it through from the Pac? Cal, I suppose, but we'll see if they can overcome Oregon in Eugene, assuming they make it past Arizona State next week.

It's a bit strange that you don't have confidence in Oregon considering they led for almost the entirety of the game vs Auburn, who you have as a CFP semifinalist, and have been dominant since then.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bit strange that you don't have confidence in Oregon considering they led for almost the entirety of the game vs Auburn, who you have as a CFP semifinalist, and have been dominant since then.

I don't have confidence in Oregon because their schedule and the fact that they were only able to beat Stanford by 14. They have Cal, Colorado, Washington, Washington State and USC as their next 5 games including @ Wash and @ USC. I think they lose at least 1 of those road games and they haven't beaten Washington State in 4 years. Just don't think Oregon can do it this year.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have confidence in Oregon because their schedule and the fact that they were only able to beat Stanford by 14. They have Cal, Colorado, Washington, Washington State and USC as their next 5 games including @ Wash and @ USC. I think they lose at least 1 of those road games and they haven't beaten Washington State in 4 years. Just don't think Oregon can do it this year.

LOL, how much was Oregon supposed to win by? Stanford never got into the end zone.