• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Notre Dame will boycott CFP if

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
parents are not allowed to attend their game.

Irish's Kelly threatens CFP boycott if no families

Yes I know this is pure posturing at this time but come Sunday, if Kelly still is holding out, should the committee take that into consideration when configuring the playoff pairings.

Assuming Alabama is the first seed, they would get the Sugar Bowl. If ND wins, they'd be sent to the Rose Bowl and California will not allow spectators. The Sugar Bowl will allow a limited number of spectators, so parents will likely be able to attend.

So what happens? If ND wins the ACC, Kelly better be ready to announce in his post game news conference, whether ND will go to Pasadena. In my opinion, it's a toothless threat and ND will go where ever they are slotted.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he's not going to do it but it would be badass if he did.

Mostly just meant to put pressure on the them to relocate the Rose Bowl.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what sounds more empty. The Rose Bowl stands or Kelly's threat. Fuck him and his school then

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes I know this is pure posturing at this time but come Sunday, if Kelly still is holding out, should the committee take that into consideration when configuring the playoff pairings.

Assuming Alabama is the first seed, they would get the Sugar Bowl. If ND wins, they'd be sent to the Rose Bowl and California will not allow spectators. The Sugar Bowl will allow a limited number of spectators, so parents will likely be able to attend.

So what happens? If ND wins the ACC, Kelly better be ready to announce in his post game news conference, whether ND will go to Pasadena. In my opinion, it's a toothless threat and ND will go where ever they are slotted.
Can't see ND passing up the payday or pissing off the networks

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon bk.... make this statement after they announce the playoff. don’t give the committee a reason to leave you out if you lose saturday

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma will take their spot if they don't want it, I mean we wouldn't win but we need the experience. Is there a better way to gain experience than getting beat up by the best team?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can say whatever he wants.... Governors have the right to go tell him to shove it up his arse

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rose Bowl has been played outside of California. I believe it was 1942 and in Durham, NC.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rose Bowl has been played outside of California. I believe it was 1942 and in Durham, NC.

so not anytime recently, or in the modern era?
exactly.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game we're discussing is the College Football Playoff semi-final. It is scheduled to be played at the Rose Bowl (a stadium) in Pasadena, CA.

The Rose Bowl (the game) as currently constituted, is played between the B1G and PAC XII champions and will not be played this season .

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon bk.... make this statement after they announce the playoff. don’t give the committee a reason to leave you out if you lose saturday

Do you think he is trying to position the Irish for a seed?

If Bama wins they will go to the Sugar Bowl as the number one seed. Number Four would have to go to the Sugar.

Thus two and three will play in the Rose Bowl. I can't believe he wants to play Bama.

What teams are gonna play? Bama, Winner of Clemson/ND (or both) Ohio St. Texas AM or possibly Florida.

Maybe he is hoping for ND to win and Bama to lose and grab the #1 spot. But he would still face Bama as a
four at the Sugar Bowl. If Clemson beats him he will get his wish by playing Bama as a number 4. (If they take ND.

I don't understand what he's doing. The 6 leading choices to take are 3 from the SEC, 2 from the ACC and a Big10
outfit.

It's the wrong year to be threatening folks. Nobody is gonna be allowed a lot of fans anyway, thus it doesn't matter
who travels better. I think he needs to just worry about beating Clemson and getting a spot.

I think he should just be worrying about C;e

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually understand where he is coming from. It’s the playoff and potentially the national championship and for most of the players it’s also the biggest potential moment in their sports career. Having their family in the stands for these particular games would be emotionally beneficial and good for both sides. I hope they at least allow family.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game we're discussing is the College Football Playoff semi-final. It is scheduled to be played at the Rose Bowl (a stadium) in Pasadena, CA.

The Rose Bowl (the game) as currently constituted, is played between the B1G and PAC XII champions and will not be played this season .
Yeah I understand that, but California has a lot of virus problems and with the way they've been changing teams on a weekly basis, this might be for the best.