• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Interest For Bradford

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm self employed so that scenario doesn't work for me.

But, if it meant making my job easier and help me have greater success, then yes I would be all for doing that.

You got to remember- the better success he has, the more money he is going to make in the long run.

At his current rate, he will most likely be a backup in 2 years. How much money will he make then?

How much will he make as a back up, still way too much!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford will be making just shy of $13 mil for 2015, which puts him out of the top 10 when you factor in roster/option bonuses. It really doesn't matter how much he has already made, the old CBA was responsible for that. This is a QB league & nearly half the teams in the NFL have a need a QB. He would easily get a contract with more guaranteed than the $13 mil on the open market. QB(s) get paid & OVERPAID. Why wouldn't the Bears, Bills, Jets, Skins, Browns, & Bucs take run at him? Anyone of those teams would likely offer something in the neighborhood 3-5 years/$20 mil guaranteed.

His base salary is 13M but his signing bonus adds another 3.5M ( which is the dead money cap hit they would take if they release him ).

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it up Angelakerams, when you love someone, the love is too strong, you become blind, and the truth hurts!

Look, I'm a Rams fan just like the rest of you guys on here.

And, it's not that I hate Sam because I don't. I agree he may be the Rams best option at QB for this coming season.

However, I don't like him for 16M and I find it very alarming that a guy that has barely played in 2 seasons isn't willing to restructure his contract so that the team that has stood behind him this whole time can field a better team around him.

That's all I'm saying.

Brady's done it multiple times. Why can't he do it for once?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I'm a Rams fan just like the rest of you guys on here.

And, it's not that I hate Sam because I don't. I agree he may be the Rams best option at QB for this coming season.

However, I don't like him for 16M and I find it very alarming that a guy that has barely played in 2 seasons isn't willing to restructure his contract so that the team that has stood behind him this whole time can field a better team around him.

That's all I'm saying.

Brady's done it multiple times. Why can't he do it for once?

I know exactly what you are saying, but there is no swaying Cougar, Sammie is his guy!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times have we seen Brady restructure his contract to give his team more cap flexibility to improve the team around him or resign some of their own players?

And what did that do? Oh yeah, got him another SB ring is what it did.

Brady is set to make 14M this season as a 4X SB champion.

Bradford is set to make 16M for doing what exactly?

When Brady restructures he gets that money up front as a bonus so he getting all that money in his pocket. Brady has made way more then sam. That's not what they are asking sam to do. They are asking him probably to cut his pay in half 6m. Sams agent is probably saying well this team will pay him that why don't u. Please you guys would not give back 6m don't kid urself. When u step on that field you never know it could be the last time. Brady never played for less money he got that money. I think in the end he will probaly see his market value and resign with the Rams.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Brady restructures he gets that money up front as a bonus so he getting all that money in his pocket. Brady has made way more then sam. That's not what they are asking sam to do. They are asking him probably to cut his pay in half 6m. Sams agent is probably saying well this team will pay him that why don't u. Please you guys would not give back 6m don't kid urself. When u step on that field you never know it could be the last time. Brady never played for less money he got that money. I think in the end he will probaly see his market value and resign with the Rams.

Well let's see, if I had only given the team that drafted me 2 full seasons out of 5, and they are still willing to stick with me, yes I would feel that I owe them something, hey maybe like restructuring my contract! If I'm as good as I think I am, or in this case if I'm as good as Cougar thinks i am, I can restructure and make up ALL that money in incentives! Because if I am that good, I will reach all of those incentives!

And again, as the case with Manning, I dont care what Brady did either, he has EARNED his money, playoffs, Super Bowls, do you see the difference!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep bringing up this ridiculous Manning comparison! Manning has helped take his team to the playoffs and Super Bowl! He has EARNED his money. Denver doesn't need him to restructure they don't need much tweaking and are already a good team.

We need more than tweaking, we need a guy that wants to help us win, by restructuring his contract so that we can do the things that we need to do to get us where we need to be!

They have some big time FA's to resign their best WR D. Thomas and the TE Thomas. It looks like they are about 25 m under the cap so his 21.5 will eat that up pretty good.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His base salary is 13M but his signing bonus adds another 3.5M ( which is the dead money cap hit they would take if they release him ).

Cap hit is a cap hit, it's not how much money he is making in 2015. He is making a little less than $13 mil for 2015. You can't figure in his signing bonus as money he will be making when he already made that money when he signed his contract.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have some big time FA's to resign their best WR D. Thomas and the TE Thomas. It looks like they are about 25 m under the cap so his 21.5 will eat that up pretty good.

Yes two very good players, but it's not like they "have" to resign them, let alone one of them, they are still pretty good! J. Thomas has a injury history and is asking for $40 mil, they are not going to pay that whether Manning would restructure or not!D. Thomas is a stud, no idea what he is asking, but Sanders and Thomas are both better than what we have, they will be fine there?

I guess they are putting the Franchise tag on D. Thomas, so I guess they will be just fine:)

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap hit is a cap hit, it's not how much money he is making in 2015. He is making a little less than $13 mil for 2015. You can't figure in his signing bonus as money he will be making when he already made that money when he signed his contract.

If you look up his contract, it is still listed as part of his 2015 salary because whether he already received the money or not, it was spread out over the term of his contract. That's why they receive the cap hit because that portion of his signing bonus is part of 2015.

But, if you really want to go your route, it still looks bad cause Brady's salary is only 8M then because 6M is his signing bonus.

Hmmm, 13M for Bradford or 8M for Brady?

And where are all these teams that are willing to pay a busted up QB 13M per year?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I would love too have some of you guys working for me. Each time your contract came up I would just tell you, you weren't cutting the mustard and bringing the whole team down. And I know we have a contract to pay you x amount but really you need to take a cut. You would be honor bound to do it. Hell in a few years you would be working for free. :heh:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is this is a cutthroat business. Don't kid yourself with the Rams have stood by Sam. If he didn't have value to them they would've cut him and showed him the door along time ago. If they had a better option he would be gone in a heartbeat. If there was a quarterback in this draft that they could get at 10 he would be gone. So I don't blame him wanting to keep good on his contract especially when the market value has to be that or he wouldn't be doing it.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not Bradford is the hot item right now. What this says about the state of the NFL QB market is well sad in many ways. There are many rumors, stories etc. Many are false but who knows. This is a one shot business get it while you can.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look up his contract, it is still listed as part of his 2015 salary because whether he already received the money or not, it was spread out over the term of his contract. That's why they receive the cap hit because that portion of his signing bonus is part of 2015.

But, if you really want to go your route, it still looks bad cause Brady's salary is only 8M then because 6M is his signing bonus.

Hmmm, 13M for Bradford or 8M for Brady?

And where are all these teams that are willing to pay a busted up QB 13M per year?

He might not get 13m but someone will give him a longer deal with guaranteed money. They're just waiting for the Rams to cut him. Rams can't trade him IMO because they don't have a better option at QB. Somebody will pay him I think.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might not get 13m but someone will give him a longer deal with guaranteed money. They're just waiting for the Rams to cut him. Rams can't trade him IMO because they don't have a better option at QB. Somebody will pay him I think.

Any team not in the running for Mariota or Winston that needs a starting QB will be competing for Bradford if he's cut. The Rams can't afford to get into that quagmire, so they can't cut him and risk it if they want to bring him back at a lesser number. They either have to bite the bullet, convince him to restructure, or move on.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I would love too have some of you guys working for me. Each time your contract came up I would just tell you, you weren't cutting the mustard and bringing the whole team down. And I know we have a contract to pay you x amount but really you need to take a cut. You would be honor bound to do it. Hell in a few years you would be working for free. :heh:

Everyone likes to point out that he has missed a lot of time, but that is due to injuries sustained while playing in the league. That is part of the business, like it or not. It is not his fault in the least that he has missed time, so he shouldn't feel obligated to give money back. In any other league, he would be guaranteed that money. Somehow, in the most violent league, money isn't guaranteed. Those injuries are likely to shorten his career and impact his quality of life after football. If he's willing to restructure, great, but it's far from an obligation.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team not in the running for Mariota or Winston that needs a starting QB will be competing for Bradford if he's cut. The Rams can't afford to get into that quagmire, so they can't cut him and risk it if they want to bring him back at a lesser number. They either have to bite the bullet, convince him to restructure, or move on.
Common sense.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not Bradford is the hot item right now. What this says about the state of the NFL QB market is well sad in many ways. There are many rumors, stories etc. Many are false but who knows. This is a one shot business get it while you can.

I find it amazing how people like or dislike Sam. he is so polarizing. It would be boring without being able to talk about him lol. Exactly on get it while you can.