• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher report. Need a better source. It’s unknown what his suspension will be but my guess 6-17. Pretty sure they got him for the long haul. Will a full season suck, sure but if Jeffrey Kessler is getting involved he could push for little discipline. I’m taking the average, half a season but we will see. Anything beyond a year is wishing to hit the jackpot for fans though, mainly AFCN fans. I dont blame you, I would be doing the same. The Browns finally have a QB and we have to deal with this BS
BR was the first place I saw it, but it was the same story on most major outlets as well.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A year sure makes a lot of sense and is well deseved IMO, but I would be surprised its they did it.

I have to find the answer to this when I'm not feeling so lazy, but like I said at some point a few pages back, I thought I read somewhere that if a player is suspended for a full season their contract basically tolls. This would be the same as sitting out a year I guess. But, in one big way it doesn't make sense because a tolling contract would mean you receive it all, just a year later, so their would be no real penalty other than the time value of money. Maybe it was Ridleys case I read about?
Well if the NFL gave Antonio Brown 8 games for his sexual assault allegation a few years ago then I don’t think a full year is off the table. If it’s contractual hangups then maybe they could suspend him 16 games and he could come back when the Browns are already eliminated from the playoffs lol.

I think the Browns already structured his contract to account for a voided first year.

Reactions: DJ

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Watson HAS to be on the 53 man roster day one, then he's moved to exempt or suspended. To keep Mayfield they'd have to carry 4 QB's day one, and cut another player they want to keep, hoping no other team claims that player.
I'd think they'd cut a guy like Dobbs and re-sign him rather than Mayfield.

If they cut Mayfield, odds are pretty high the Steelers sign him. I'd think Mayfield-led Steelers would go 2-0 against Brissett-led Browns.

Reactions: DJ

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up for Darnold. Lol.
I'm reading the Browns don't want Darnold because it puts them in almost the same boat.

I think it will be Mayfield and part of his contract for a pick.

How much of Mayfield's contract and what pick is the question.

I'm going with Mayfield and 9M for a 5th, possibly a 4th.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the NFL gave Antonio Brown 8 games for his sexual assault allegation a few years ago then I don’t think a full year is off the table. If it’s contractual hangups then maybe they could suspend him 16 games and he could come back when the Browns are already eliminated from the playoffs lol.

I think the Browns already structured his contract to account for a voided first year.
I don't think it is off the table either

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think they'd cut a guy like Dobbs and re-sign him rather than Mayfield.

If they cut Mayfield, odds are pretty high the Steelers sign him. I'd think Mayfield-led Steelers would go 2-0 against Brissett-led Browns.
But what happens if another team claims Dobbs?

You HAVE to factor in the treatment the BROWNS gave Mayfield, and him NOT wanting anything to do with them.

It will be TOXIC, if they hold onto him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last thing Cleveland is going to worry about in this ordeal is how it impacts the #53 man on the roster. A simple cut and resign will happen if needed. Happens every year with almost every team as they stash guys on IR.

I don't get all the talk about signing a 4th QB. If the have both Baker and Brisset why would they sign another QB even if Watson is suspended for the year? Signing Brisset was a horrible move if they aren't willing to play him. It's not like he is getting a veteran minimum contract or is a potential QB of the future to sit for a few years and then play. I get he may be more a 3 or 4 replacement game guy than a 8 or 17 game guy of course, but that's how it works with every backup QB because any QB can get hurt. If you pay him $4.5M you need to be willing to play him and if not, release him if you sign someone else. And if Baker refuses to play he loses his money and screws himself long term. I don't see any way they add a #2 QB "IF" both Baker and Brissett are on the team.

Even if Watson is suspended for the year I think they will unload Baker if anyone makes an offer to take on half or more of his salary. Baker stinks and even with their loaded roster they aren't likely to win with him. Take your L and move on to next year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I ever start drinking again it'll be because of the Browns.

It all starts at the top. And Haslam's a damn idiot.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I ever start drinking again it'll be because of the Browns.

It all starts at the top. And Haslam's a damn idiot.
The secret to not start drinking again, is don't stop in the first place.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Watson HAS to be on the 53 man roster day one, then he's moved to exempt or suspended. To keep Mayfield they'd have to carry 4 QB's day one, and cut another player they want to keep, hoping no other team claims that player.

Why would a 53rd man be more important than ensuring the qb position is stable

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a 53rd man be more important than ensuring the qb position is stable
OK, why keep a guy you know you don't want, and he doesn't want to be there?

I fully believe a trade will happen before final cuts, just a matter of who blinks first.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I fully believe a trade will happen before final cuts, just a matter of who blinks first.

If the Browns keep BM they could make him the most expensive grounds keeper of all time. And yes he'd be in full uniform while keeping the stadium tidy.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't truly know what that relationship would look like

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns keep BM they could make him the most expensive grounds keeper of all time. And yes he'd be in full uniform while keeping the stadium tidy.
I do enjoy those commercials where he's living at the stadium...lol

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve heard an unprecedented suspension fixing to be handed out

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They currently have four on the roster; Watson, Mayfield, Brisett and Joshua Dobbs.