• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he's just really rich and good at his job, so employers will overlook basically anything.

Yep.

Joe Mixon cold cocked a random chick in college. Ray Rice punched his wife.

One was on his way up and the other was close to retirement.

Had Brisett done what Watson did it's likely his career would have been done.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it depends on how many games he's suspended. Less than 6 I'd say they for sure appeal but they might stand pat on 6 and over.

All the NFL cares about is making sure they at least look like they were trying to punish harshly so they'd welcome the judge deciding to suspend Watson enough games to keep a lot of the heat off of them so they claim they wanted more but they need to respect the decision of the judge.

If the judge goes too low they'd likely appeal and tack on a couple more games to whatever the judge decided to save face.

As much as the NFLPA and NFL appear to be at each other's throats I do believe a lot of winking and nodding is going on between the two in this case because they both know each side needs to do this dance to keep up appearances.
NFL has three days to file an appeal, so we'll know soon. I was a little surprised when Watson refused to play last year but was still paid, that's seemed pretty weird to me, so I'll just wait and see what happens.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL has three days to file an appeal, so we'll know soon. I was a little surprised when Watson refused to play last year but was still paid, that's seemed pretty weird to me, so I'll just wait and see what happens.
Maybe the Texans will leak a little damage control within the next few weeks. It's not like any of these guys were coddled and a sense of entitlement grew within some. Maybe Watson turns out to be the poster child for such a fine type guy, held hostage to a degree were the Texans...The whole thing smells and the degree of stupid has yet to be determined.

Note
Took a page from spinner and inserted the word maybe TWICE

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol watson settled the other 3 lawsuits today surprise surprise
guess when dumb team gives u millions u can throw a few around:suds:
One more to go and looks like that one will be decided in court. Wonder what a guilty verdict would have on the NFL brand?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing that Deshaun Watson himself gets only a very small percent of direct criticism from the media powers that be since this saga started.

By contrast look at what happened to Phil Michelson. He has been banned from the Tour, been ripped apart by every media outlet and has basically been ostracize from the sports world. And what did Mickelson do ...he joined another Tour.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing that Deshaun Watson himself gets only a very small percent of direct criticism from the media powers that be since this saga started.

By contrast look at what happened to Phil Michelson. He has been banned from the Tour, been ripped apart by every media outlet and has basically been ostracize from the sports world. And what did Mickelson do ...he joined another Tour.

but phils a lefty:suds:

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more to go and looks like that one will be decided in court. Wonder what a guilty verdict would have on the NFL brand?

Lawsuits aren't really a matter of guilty or not guilty. Degree of liability

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He joined a competing league lol. You guys and your comparisons.

If half the NFL broke off and started a new league maybe that would be an equitable comparison

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He joined a competing league lol. You guys and your comparisons.

If half the NFL broke off and started a new league maybe that would be an equitable comparison
It's like comparing a player for domestic assault to a player that bet on games. Impossible to compare completely different situations and facts around them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure why you used that as a comparison but ok lol. It's like people outraged that Watson got 6 games and Ridley got an entire season. Completely different situations. Ridley broke the one rule you can't break in the sports world.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you used that as a comparison but ok lol. It's like people outraged that Watson got 6 games and Ridley got an entire season. Completely different situations. Ridley broke the one rule you can't break in the sports world.
He slept with the Commissioner's wife?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phil's a traitor. He turned his back on the PGA (**and America!!!!!:usa2: ) for that Saudi funded league.

** = just trying to start some shit, seeing if anyone will take the bait (dammit, I probably shouldn't say that huh?)

Really odd comparison. Don't see how the two are comparable. Only thing I can thing of is Phil's name is bigger than DW's.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like comparing a player for domestic assault to a player that bet on games. Impossible to compare completely different situations and facts around them.

Yea

Every time player X did something in baseball we had to hear about Pete Rose.