• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kick him out - he can re-apply for the league once all the suits are settled, but minimum of 1 year out of the league.
Again with the crazy scenarios. Just live with it, you are going to have to deal with him for the next 5-10 years in CLE….GL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... and certain Browns fans think this is "no big deal" pfffFFFFt

NFL Reportedly Wants "Significant" Watson Suspension
Bleacher report. Need a better source. It’s unknown what his suspension will be but my guess 6-17. Pretty sure they got him for the long haul. Will a full season suck, sure but if Jeffrey Kessler is getting involved he could push for little discipline. I’m taking the average, half a season but we will see. Anything beyond a year is wishing to hit the jackpot for fans though, mainly AFCN fans. I dont blame you, I would be doing the same. The Browns finally have a QB and we have to deal with this BS

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sounding more and more as if it's going to be a full season suspension. I'm guessing Browns fans are hoping Jacoby Brissett stays healthy the entire year.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A full season is useful in a way for the Browns. For one thing it would provide clarity around the team makeup AND take the backlash off the table for an entire year, after which the topic will be less radioactive.

With that they might want to send Baker a river of flowers. If they’re paying most of his salary this year anyway it would be nuts to not start him over Brissett.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sounding more and more as if it's going to be a full season suspension. I'm guessing Browns fans are hoping Jacoby Brissett stays healthy the entire year.
Yeah sure looks like a full season suspension will happen. I wonder if they are looking at Watson contract and thinking how bad it looks that he's only losing 1 million of a 230 million fully guarantees contract even though he gets suspended for the season and how it looks to have Watson game the system like that. I got to wonder if the exempt list is being considered with a suspension next season if he loses any of these cases filed against him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A full season is useful in a way for the Browns. For one thing it would provide clarity around the team makeup AND take the backlash off the table for an entire year, after which the topic will be less radioactive.

With that they might want to send Baker a river of flowers. If they’re paying most of his salary this year anyway it would be nuts to not start him over Brissett.
Sorry coach my back is out, sprained my ankle, think I pulled my hammy, shoulder that I had surgery on is hurting and stiff don't think I can go...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry coach my back is out, sprained my ankle, think I pulled my hammy, shoulder that I had surgery on is hurting and stiff don't think I can go...
Baker’s gotta think about his next contract. If his last good year going into the 2023 season is 2020 and he’s been whiny and injured the past two years and lacking leadership, his next contract will be garbage - if he even gets one.

If he provides a steady hand and gets them to the playoffs with solid play, it could mean the difference between a five-year $100 million contract with somebody and a two-year $6 million contract.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker’s gotta think about his next contract. If his last good year going into the 2023 season is 2020 and he’s been whiny and injured the past two years and lacking leadership, his next contract will be garbage - if he even gets one.

If he provides a steady hand and gets them to the playoffs with solid play, it could mean the difference between a five-year $100 million contract with somebody and a two-year $6 million contract.
Watson won't and didn't play last season at all, also he might not play this season. Baker isn't Watson but he played decent in 2020 and injured shoulder last season. He's going to want to screw the Browns back for what he feels was unjust and the best way to do that is force them to start Brissett and try to force the Browns to release him. Judging from his reactions once he heard the Browns were chasing after Watson I'm pretty confident he'll never play a snap for the Browns.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson won't and didn't play last season at all, also he might not play this season. Baker isn't Watson but he played decent in 2020 and injured shoulder last season. He's going to want to screw the Browns back for what he feels was unjust and the best way to do that is force them to start Brissett and try to force the Browns to release him. Judging from his reactions once he heard the Browns were chasing after Watson I'm pretty confident he'll never play a snap for the Browns.
Question is how much he wants to screw himself in the process. Mutual interest goes a long way towards mending fences.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is how much he wants to screw himself in the process. Mutual interest goes a long way towards mending fences.
I don't think it screws Mayfield if he doesn't take a snap for the Browns and Watson is proof of that. Browns have already tanked his value , which is why no one is willing to trade for him. He'll need to prove him self playing for his next team.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it screws Mayfield if he doesn't take a snap for the Browns and Watson is proof of that. Browns have already tanked his value , which is why no one is willing to trade for him. He'll need to prove him self playing for his next team.
Exactly - Mayfield's value is low. He can't bring his value back up by not playing.

He probably could have extended for at least $30 million per year in the off-season before 2021, but thought he'd do better by waiting and having a good season and letting other guys extend first. But he didn't have a good season. He had a disastrous season, with leadership and injury questions piled onto bad stats.

Do you think anybody will offer him $30 million a year now? $20 million?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly - Mayfield's value is low. He can't bring his value back up by not playing.

He probably could have extended for at least $30 million per year in the off-season before 2021, but thought he'd do better by waiting and having a good season and letting other guys extend first. But he didn't have a good season. He had a disastrous season, with leadership and injury questions piled onto bad stats.

Do you think anybody will offer him $30 million a year now? $20 million?
Where do you get that he could have extended his contract after the 2020 season? Browns choose to do the fifth year option and as far as I can tell they didn't try to extend him. Just one more grievance Baker has with the Browns.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again with the crazy scenarios. Just live with it, you are going to have to deal with him for the next 5-10 years in CLE….GL
Seriously - I'm not worried about Watson's "game" as a QB - I'm tired of athletes living by a separate code getting away with cringy shit like this, murder, and everything else in-between that a "normal" person would be spending time in jail, out of work, and likely destitute from court/lawyer fees. I know more than a few Cleveland fans who feel the same way, including one who cancelled his season tickets (and he's not the only one from what I've read) - don't think they were "worried" about his product on the field.

By the looks of it, it sounds like he's going to miss at least a year - then come back from 2 years out of the league - I'm really not worried about what he'll be doing on the field. Cincinnati has a great set-up and is set to challenge for years. If Cleveland happens to be good and challenges Cin/Balt/Pitt - great. If not...great. Trying to turn this around to make it seem like people are pissed and simply want a guy gone because he happens to be good is a nice spin on trying to distract from the fact that he, likely, deserves whatever fine he gets - and more.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and if I'm a GM looking at signing Mayfield I'd fully understand him not wanting to ever play another snap for the Browns. Hell he could go out play one snap and have a major injury, for a team that wants nothing to do with him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and if I'm a GM looking at signing Mayfield I'd fully understand him not wanting to ever play another snap for the Browns. Hell he could go out play one snap and have a major injury, for a team that wants nothing to do with him.
Exactly, why in the hell risk a injury to save the Browns when they only want to use you up and discard you.

Last edited:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if Browns fans think other owners are backing them here, they're delusional.
The Browns GUARANTEED a player one massage from a very long sit down, a whole hell of a lot of money. Watsons contract is going to be troublesome for the other owners.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you get that he could have extended his contract after the 2020 season? Browns choose to do the fifth year option and as far as I can tell they didn't try to extend him. Just one more grievance Baker has with the Browns.
ESPN's Dan Graziano:

I still think — actually, I know — that the Browns would bring Mayfield back for the right price. I don’t think they want to pay him at Patrick Mahomes/Josh Allen levels, but they believe they can win with him and would pay him in the mid-to-high $30 millions per year to stick around.

-- from October.

Mayfield said he wasn't interested in an extension before the 2021 season, and because of that I don't think the Browns actually offered one.

What do you think his value is now? If he goes to Carolina, do you think they add a couple of years? For how much?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Dan Graziano:

I still think — actually, I know — that the Browns would bring Mayfield back for the right price. I don’t think they want to pay him at Patrick Mahomes/Josh Allen levels, but they believe they can win with him and would pay him in the mid-to-high $30 millions per year to stick around.

-- from October.

Mayfield said he wasn't interested in an extension before the 2021 season, and because of that I don't think the Browns actually offered one.

What do you think his value is now? If he goes to Carolina, do you think they add a couple of years? For how much?
Opinion piece speculating what the cost of a extension would cost the Browns. You got a link that shows Mayfield wasn't interested in an extension?

His value right now is rock bottom and will be until he goes to a new team and shows them that he would help the team and roster. If he becomes a FA he'll sign a prove it deal and if he gets traded he'll have to play well for his new team. FA or traded he's risking an injury but at least it's not for a team who has no intention of giving him another contract and has already traded for his replacement. I'll be stunned if Mayfield ever plays for the Browns again.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be stunned if Mayfield ever plays for the Browns again.
Maybe. But sure looks to me like they need each other this year.

If Mayfield were in the same situation on any other team, and Watson suspended for the year with the Browns, speculation that Mayfield would go to the Browns for that final contract year would be through the roof.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But sure looks to me like they need each other this year.

If Mayfield were in the same situation on any other team, and Watson suspended for the year with the Browns, speculation that Mayfield would go to the Browns for that final contract year would be through the roof.
I don't think Mayfield wants to give then a nanosecond of his time.