• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Yes was enough. Kind of hurts the point you are trying to make
2) Try again as you clearly didn't understand the question
3) Yes (or absolutely) was enough. also hurts the point you are trying to make

Once you understand question 2 a little better we can go on. hint - I didn't say it had to be no suspension that they expected.
What do you call a handful? I read it as a couple. If a handful is 4 plus, then possibly. But, I always thought a minimum 6 and I think most did including every team. The NFLs recent history says 6 is the floor for this

Nothing hurts my point. My main point is the Browns would be better off from a cap perspective with a higher year one salary. You cannot possibly prove that wrong

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you call a handful? I read it as a couple. If a handful is 4 plus, then possibly. But, I always thought a minimum 6 and I think most did including every team. The NFLs recent history says 6 is the floor for this

Nothing hurts my point. My main point is the Browns would be better off from a cap perspective with a higher year one salary. You cannot possibly prove that wrong
I would think a handful would be 4-6.

I don't need to prove anything wrong as I wasn't the one who made the accusation based on his agenda. You cannot possibly prove the low year 1 base was solely to help out Watson and not just business as usual. Not sure how you can prove it right that it's better from cap perspective for some of the reasons I have given.....you don't know the Browns knew he'd get a half year or even much longer. Hell, even if you think they knew it would be long they may have thought the suspension could have come after more was known in 2023.

You are guessing.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was the video the only reason he was suspended or was there more? anything of substance?
I really don't know, I dont recall any video of Zeke and the accusations.

I know, there were issues between them, I know she tried to get a friend of hers to lie about Zeke so she could blackmail him, and I know one of the NFL investigatigators recommended no punishment, but another investigator (Giants Fan) denied that investigators input be allowed.

Yes I believe Zeke did some of what he was accused of, but no way would I take that girls word in a he said/ she said situation.

If I'm not mistaken they originally handed down 10 game suspension, it got reduced to 6 games on appeal. Keep in mind this was Zekes first time, and the base line for 1st time accusations is 6 games, so where in gods earth did Goodell pull 10 games from?

Anyway, there is no way to tell what Goodell and the NFL will decide.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't need to prove anything wrong as I wasn't the one who made the accusation based on his agenda. You cannot possibly prove the low year 1 base was solely to help out Watson and not just business as usual. Not sure how you can prove it right that it's better from cap perspective for some of the reasons I have given.....you don't know the Browns knew he'd get a half year or even much longer. Hell, even if you think they knew it would be long they may have thought the suspension could have come after more was known in 2023.

You are guessing.
6 will be the absolute minimum.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know, I dont recall any video of Zeke and the accusations.

I know, there were issues between them, I know she tried to get a friend of hers to lie about Zeke so she could blackmail him, and I know one of the NFL investigatigators recommended no punishment, but another investigator (Giants Fan) denied that investigators input be allowed.

Yes I believe Zeke did some of what he was accused of, but no way would I take that girls word in a he said/ she said situation.

If I'm not mistaken they originally handed down 10 game suspension, it got reduced to 6 games on appeal. Keep in mind this was Zekes first time, and the base line for 1st time accusations is 6 games, so where in gods earth did Goodell pull 10 games from?

Anyway, there is no way to tell what Goodell and the NFL will decide.
seem to recall a video that tried to show Zeke grabbing a women's breast....though was tough to be sure that was what he did. May have been an older one from his college days.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are guessing.
I never said what he will get for sure in a suspension just that he is almost guaranteed to be suspended. I always used half a season because it seemed around the average and made the math easy to explain to you because you weren't getting it. I don't think he will get a full season suspension even though I think he deserves it. But I'm not and never did argue that. It is my opinion that they structured it with a low year one base to help Watson and I think it's common sense to anyone that looks at it objectively and I think the world agrees. BUT, that wasn't my main issue with you because I can't prove that part, I can just make my case for it which you can choose to ignore. My main issue was you all along was what was not debatable; not agreeing that it hurt their cap by giving him the low year one salary as compared to a high year one salary if he was suspended, which you finally admitted to in post.#591 "2) I think this is correct." - It's fine you don't know for sure but at least you admitted it. Unless of course you reversed on it again in this bolded above...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t how people can have an uninformed opinion. If you have an opinion, have a valid reason for that opinion.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is a sociopath?
The term sociopath refers to someone living with antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) — as does the term psychopath.
The most recent edition of the “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders” (DSM-5), which mental health professionals use to diagnose mental health conditions, defines ASPD as a consistent disregard for rules and social norms and repeated violation of other people’s rights.
People with the condition might seem charming and charismatic at first, at least on the surface, but they generally find it difficult to understand other people’s feelings. They often:

• break rules or laws
  • behave aggressively or impulsively
  • feel little guilt for harm they cause others
  • use manipulation, deceit, and controlling behavior

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 + 1 + 2 is what they have done with pretty much every large extension in year 1 with a low base. You only assume (guess?) this one has an ulterior motive to suit your agenda and make 1 + 1 = 3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-10 to the playoffs in year 1, so seems they turned around pretty quickly. How's it coming finding a draft pick THIS regime made that you thought was a miss?

yes, I do realize a min. and a cap. Browns have been really good being able to spend AND keep cap room up to this season.
Are you still playing dumb or is it just you being you?

I told you it was easier to list the picks they hit on. Not only the current regime but the few years prior to show you, how little sense you make as you continue to spin. If you choose not to see that, not much else I can do.

Give it a rest broken record. You got smacked down, now own it Spinner.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall my issues with grammar and punctuation but do recall your lies for which you still wont own even though proven you lied.
Read pretty much any of your posts. Again I pointed it out multiple times. But, true to yourself, you choose to cherry pick what you read and respond to.

Can we give this particular subject a rest now, Spinner?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaaaand add in another lie. I knew you'd get there today...... and you did it before the morning ended. Well done, Tommy.
Really? You didn't say it wasn't important that Baker wasn't at OTAs?

Deflection in 3,2,1

Spin away my little top.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Do you agree that if he is suspended for half of this year his cap hit for this year will be reduced by $500K?

2) Do you agree that if he is suspended for half of this year and his base salary was $30M for this year that his cap hit for this year will be reduced by $15M?

A simple yes or no to each question is all that is needed
LOL, you're talking to comedygold88. Can't wait to read his spin.

Because you know he's not afraid of questions.

LOL

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming money lost for suspension comes off the cap then yes and yes.

do you agree if he has a $30-40 mil base in 2022 whether suspended or not it leaves the Browns with a lot less money to work with in 2022?
do you agree when they signed Watson to the deal they very possibly thought he might be suspended only a handful of games or even none?
Do you agree if they don't use the cap space this season they can carry it over to next year?
Like I thought. Couldn't give it a y or n answer. Guess commitment scares you.

Nice flacid answer followed up with more defending of your hero that may be on the roster for 2 years before he sees the field. Great FO you have there.

My bad that FO was in place when the Browns actually saw the playoffs again.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is a sociopath?
The term sociopath refers to someone living with antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) — as does the term psychopath.
The most recent edition of the “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders” (DSM-5), which mental health professionals use to diagnose mental health conditions, defines ASPD as a consistent disregard for rules and social norms and repeated violation of other people’s rights.
People with the condition might seem charming and charismatic at first, at least on the surface, but they generally find it difficult to understand other people’s feelings. They often:

• break rules or laws
  • behave aggressively or impulsively
  • feel little guilt for harm they cause others
  • use manipulation, deceit, and controlling behavior
Does sound like Watson fits the definition.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"little windows"? we were talking about the current regime and how they have performed (no one disagreed past regimes were mostly beyond awful). are you suggesting we should grade the current regime on mistakes made by others?

He even insisted they have made bad picks yet cannot name any of them. It's OK to just say he's wrong. Pretty sure he knows.
You're so cute it's almost sinful.

All have been answered, you just choose to ignore. Just because I didn't answer it the way you wanted, doesn't mean I didn't answer it.

You know Spinner, you do it all the time. Just look back at the yes or no questioned by Jarntt.

Aren't you missing reccess?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you will clutter with Qs for me then whine I don't answer (even though I did) but wont answer the questions posed to you here?

But I'll answer your questions - again......

1) Unless I'm not understanding you correctly (or you miswrote that?), no
2) would think in a fully guaranteed contract the cap space will be the same overall

your turn again

do you agree if he has a $30-40 mil base in 2022 whether suspended or not it leaves the Browns with a lot less money to work with in 2022?
do you agree when they signed Watson to the deal they very possibly thought he might be suspended only a handful of games or even none?
Do you agree if they don't use the cap space this season they can carry it over to next year?

a simple yes or no to each question is all that is needed so shouldn't be too cluttered.
Oh the irony. This is rich.

Got to love this forum.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns added into his contract, he won't lose any bonus money if suspended.
As of now ALL of his bonus money is safely in his pocket.
I can't see his lawyer or the NFLPA allowing the Clowns to get out of this contract. It's pretty straight forward. I don't think even the master spinner would have a chance at changing a judge's mind.