• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew! Glad you answered it. For a while I thought you were scared of answering questions. LOL
I thought he might have skipped it but he did it.

Are you now gonna think because he will answer Qs it means you are not still spooked?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say that about Baker, yes. He is just one QB. But you said this. so, yes, you lied as I only said Baker in this instance.....

"QBs don't need to attend camps or OTAs just ask at comedygold88."
Come on grammAr Nazi you do understand that context.

Too cute

At least you admitted how dumb your statement about QBs not needing to be at OTAs or camps isn't important.

Keep Spinning, Spinner.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gave a yes or no answer to both as asked.
You gave a yes or no then continued to spin your answer. Words have meanings. "All" that is required is a yes or no. Not a boring ass rebuttal afterward.

We all knew you couldn't. You are the master Spinner.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
irony as I answered with a yes or no proving you lied......again?

Haven't looked at any of today's yet but hopefully you can keep your streak of at least a lie a day going.
Yawn!
1655306656068.png

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watson was not drafted by this regime.

Once again, can you name a player this regime drafted you'd consider a bust/bad pick?
Spinner, you were the one who lumped him in as one of the picks.

Thus the reason I asked you if he was drafted by them.

I thought it was obvious by me telling you, you needed to stop spinning and try and focus.

You are making this way too easy, Spinner.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he might have skipped it but he did it.

Are you now gonna think because he will answer Qs it means you are not still spooked?
Yes questions are so spooky.

You must really be a hit at reccess.

Back to the books, Skippy I'm tired of schooling you.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buyin that the Browns may have an out here given the new allegations that surfaced... The Browns bent over backwards to get DW in the building and let his agent control the contract. Andrew Brandt recently said that the contract featured a lot of player protection, so its unlikely the Browns created a voiding clause.

I think DW has a future in the NFL, but the current state of his case is in shambles. It's clear that his lawyer has lost control of the case, story & PR. It amazed me that the Browns only took 4-5 months to investigate a case with 22 victims. They likely adopted DW's attorney investigation, and now they're seeing the repercussions of that decision. The PR surrounding this situation has vastly turned. But I don't discount the stupidity of the NFL.
Of course he has a future in the NFL, he will be playing at some point his year, most likely lol.

Have fun with Mitch and Kenny "tiny hands" Pickett

rooster teeth kiss GIF by Achievement Hunter

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watson was not drafted by this regime.

Once again, can you name a player this regime drafted you'd consider a bust/bad pick?
Saw a stat the other day, Andrew Berry has still not made a cut from any of his draft picks. Pretty impressive. I mean DPJ was a 6th

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he has a future in the NFL, he will be playing at some point his year, most likely lol.

Have fun with Mitch and Kenny "tiny hands" Pickett

rooster teeth kiss GIF by Achievement Hunter
Week 3 brosif... Shall we wager an avi bet already?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buyin that the Browns may have an out here given the new allegations that surfaced... The Browns bent over backwards to get DW in the building and let his agent control the contract. Andrew Brandt recently said that the contract featured a lot of player protection, so its unlikely the Browns created a voiding clause.

I think DW has a future in the NFL, but the current state of his case is in shambles. It's clear that his lawyer has lost control of the case, story & PR. It amazed me that the Browns only took 4-5 months to investigate a case with 22 victims. They likely adopted DW's attorney investigation, and now they're seeing the repercussions of that decision. The PR surrounding this situation has vastly turned. But I don't discount the stupidity of the NFL.

Nothing new has come about other than 2 more lawsuits (predictable) and a NYT story about 66 therapists (not surprising).

The issue is allowing it to continue to simmer instead of addressing it and putting it to bed.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing new has come about other than 2 more lawsuits (predictable) and a NYT story about 66 therapists (not surprising).

The issue is allowing it to continue to simmer instead of addressing it and putting it to bed.
You don't spend over a year identifying 22 cases, to then be hit with 2 more (& possible more) AFTER the fact. This looks more like failure on the attorney's part to identify all the victims & make whatever attempts necessary to resolve the matter.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They structured it solely to help out Watson even though this is how they structure every large deal/extension?

IMO, not solely but in part, yes. I never solely. Like I said that wasn't my biggest issue any way. My biggest issue was you not admitting that it hurt them from a cap perspective if he was suspended by giving him such a low year one base
I mean, are you just going to ignore the notion it's certainly possible the Browns believed a much shorter suspension or even no suspension in 2022 was possible? If you say no suspension impossible, that's fine but there were certainly rumblings it would happen later like in 2023.
Possible? Sure, but you don't plan based on "possible" when it's very unlikely unless you're stupid and I think they and everyone else in the world thought it was very likely he would be suspended
Are you going to ignore paying him less in base in 2022 leaves options open to use the savings on another player....perhaps a better QB should watson, in fact, get a half year suspension as you mentioned?
No. Of course not. Like I said all along use whatever number you want. The point is you could use a much higher number than $1M. Use $20M per year instead of $30M and I don't see any way that cuts into their ability to sign other players. Even at $30M I think they have all the maneuverability they need but use whatever number you want. Although there is zero chance you are bringing in another QB unless he is suspended (still incredibly unlikely even if he is suspsended) and in that case you would be getting his salary back for the suspended games. So if he were getting $30M you'd get back $15M.

FYI, you, like most, originally started the debate with the simple "why would they pay him less in 2022 when they have so much cap room". Hopefully, with the same amount paid to garrett, Ward and Njoku you can at least admit you were off base on your accusation for that reasoning?
That's completely wrong. I don't know what others said, but my point was never just about the cap room, but that is a huge part of it because it enables them to go higher in year one. If they didn't have cap room they would be forced to give him a low year one base even though it screws them from a cap perspective because it would be the only way to fit him in.

I'm not discussing the others because I said 100 times that every team does that with most big contracts but also why his is case is different because on those other contracts they aren't expecting to save cap $'s and real cash for each game those players are suspended because they aren't expecting those players to be suspended

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't spend over a year identifying 22 cases, to then be hit with 2 more (& possible more) AFTER the fact. This looks more like failure on the attorney's part to identify all the victims & make whatever attempts necessary to resolve the matter.

You don't think that could just be Buzzbee bringing someone into the fold he previously dismissed to do exactly that? One of the two were dismissed as clients initially.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you really blame the attorney? He only knows what Watson tells him and my GUESS is Watson lies to him also. "are you sure there aren't any other women that may accuse you?" "Yes, I'm sure". I'm also GUESSING Watson hasn't even admitted to his own attorney he did all or most of the things he is being accused of. Luckily for him Rusty Hardon knows the game well...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you really blame the attorney? He only knows what Watson tells him and my GUESS is Watson lies to him also. "are you sure there aren't any other women that may accuse you?" "Yes, I'm sure". I'm also GUESSING Watson hasn't even admitted to his own attorney he did all or most of the things he is being accused of. Luckily for him Rusty Hardon knows the game well...

The attorney did the situation no favors by his bizarre comment on massage therapists.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think that could just be Buzzbee bringing someone into the fold he previously dismissed to do exactly that? One of the two were dismissed as clients initially.

Fair points... Things really escalated after that HBO Real Sports segment with some of the accusers. Since then things look like they have been unraveling.