• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, HBO Real Sport segment put eyes back on the case, then two additional cases filed which stirs up further concern, now looks like two more may happen which would bring it to 26. So the news and spotlight is trending against Watson. NFL being so worried about the brand and public image and think what is being debated is the length of a suspension and/or the exempt list ( although Goodell did say that wasn't in play once criminal charges were dropped). I image with each additional case filed the length of suspension goes longer.
Maybe, but I at least hope they consider the evidence from the new (and older) cases.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little tough to decipher - and not sure if real - but seems to be showing there was no coercion. seeing if I can find more of this transcript....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vs Brissett. I'll save my money for when Watson plays Week 17
charmin-toilet-paper.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, HBO Real Sport segment put eyes back on the case, then two additional cases filed which stirs up further concern, now looks like two more may happen which would bring it to 26. So the news and spotlight is trending against Watson. NFL being so worried about the brand and public image and think what is being debated is the length of a suspension and/or the exempt list ( although Goodell did say that wasn't in play once criminal charges were dropped). I image with each additional case filed the length of suspension goes longer.
Might get lambasted for this but I sort of recall some similarities to how Bill Cosby's case played out... Not comparing the alleged crimes / felonies... But a lawsuit was filed against Cosby, allegations were made and settled, then more allegations came pouring in, similar defenses were made. An agreement NOT TO PROSECUTE was made, then public opinion turned... Finally the pressure was so great that Philadelphia indicted him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow if this is a real article (and seems it is) wonder if anyone saw this article by Charles Robinson which goes into great detail on the cross by Watson's attorney of Kamesha Baker. Baker, among the lead detectives on the case openly admits to het it's guilty until proven guilty of a woman files the complaint.

Hardin: And where in your world, Detective Baker, and I mean this very nicely, does judgment of credibility come? Does the woman always get the benefit of the doubt?
Baker: I start by believing all the victims. Absolutely. Stand by that 100 percent. Anyone investigating a sex crime should start by believing the complainant. Provided defense provides something that refutes it, we’re going to believe that complainant.
Hardin: So in your world of investigation, the defendant always has to prove his innocence?
Baker: Yes.

Hardin: Okay. Are you not aware that’s not the way the system is supposed to work? Isn’t it, Detective Baker, supposed to work the other way, that — that even when you’re investigating, it is — are you saying that all it takes is the woman makes an allegation and once she makes the allegation, the defendant has to disprove it?
Baker: Yes. The defendant has to disprove it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's more....

Hardin: So let’s say the accused person doesn’t provide you any evidence. They just simply say and deny it and say it’s not true. You with me?
Baker: Yes.
Hardin: And your position is if the accused does not provide you evidence to disprove what the woman is saying, then you’re always going to believe the woman?
Baker: I have no other reason not to.
Hardin: Okay. And so when she makes the allegation, you start out believing her?
Baker: Start out believing them.
Hardin: And then it is the burden of the defendant to convince you as an investigator that they’re wrong. Is that right?
Baker: To provide evidence to support that they’re wrong, yes.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news, word has leaked that Rusty Hardin has hired Tommy Flanagan as co-counsel about 3 weeks after Watson hired him.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow if this is a real article (and seems it is) wonder if anyone saw this article by Charles Robinson which goes into great detail on the cross by Watson's attorney of Kamesha Baker. Baker, among the lead detectives on the case openly admits to het it's guilty until proven guilty of a woman files the complaint.

To be fair that's what the UK asks of its police force as well. No human rights of the accused are to be transgressed upon but all sexual assault complaints are to be considered genuine until investigation shows otherwise. This is because many historical cases were dismissed by officers before investigations were concluded.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker alone is QBs?

I guess spinning to you must mean refuting your comments with facts, calling out your lies, etc. For that I am guilty.
Come on grammAr Nazi you know in that context when addressing one or multiple "A" QB or QBs is acceptable.

Stop trying so hard.

Now get back to class.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, no, I wasn't the one. another poster was. I said I almost considered Watson.

Once again, Tommy, can you name a player this regime drafted you'd consider a bust/bad pick?
Can you not understand by listing the only non-busts/good players one can deduce the other picks were busts/bad?

Playing your silly spinner game is fun. Well until its not.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair that's what the UK asks of its police force as well. No human rights of the accused are to be transgressed upon but all sexual assault complaints are to be considered genuine until investigation shows otherwise. This is because many historical cases were dismissed by officers before investigations were concluded.
Not to mention that in most case (likely close to 100%) the abuser commits his abuse only when there are no witnesses, to set up a he said/she said defense. Watson not only required no witnesses, but wanted to be sure there were no cameras about and brought NDA agreement with him.
I'm sure Watson got away with abusing women long before these cases came up, because usually these go unreported as victims feel they won't be believed. Won't surprise me if he's has continued his ways despite these cases being filed and will continued until he gets help.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a detective not a lawyer or judge. He doesn't fall under the same guidelines of innocent to proven guilty.

Same as a police officer arriving at a DV call. If the women called, likely the man is being taken in. Up to the courts to and slimey attorneys to find the truth.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked him for a yes or no and he offered a long reply. You even replied to that reply. Didn't bother me. Were you just as concerned about him doing the same Argue Based On Poster Boy?
The irony, capped off with a serving of stupidity.

Nice work pot, so what color kettle do you prefer?

Got to love this forum. You really can't get anymore dumb. Keep posting and keep proving.