• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought there were allegations of BJs or the such. I could be wrong. r*pe, sodomy. Not different in my book. But, like I said, if there wasn't I take back my comment

If you're not sure what the specific allegations are why make guesses?

I don't think anyone is defending that scumbag Watson. And if anyone has they need to get their head checked.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He almost seemed careful to not cross a certain line and put most of the action in their hands but he also crossed a line in as taking his towel off or whatever.

The insanity is he almost assuredly scored with a reasonable amount. Why not just stick with them? So weird.

This is not a variety and spice of life deal.
saw a little of the presser.....tend to agree with Dustin Fox. Watson either didn't do what he's accused of or he's a psychopath.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He almost seemed careful to not cross a certain line and put most of the action in their hands but he also crossed a line in as taking his towel off or whatever.

The insanity is he almost assuredly scored with a reasonable amount. Why not just stick with them? So weird.

This is not a variety and spice of life deal.

Watson ain't right. Normal people don't put themselves in situations like that.

He's gotta be guilty of something. You don't have that many women come forward with accusations without crossing the line. But like I said r*pe is a serious accusation he hasn't been accused of.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're not sure what the specific allegations are why make guesses?

I don't think anyone is defending that scumbag Watson. And if anyone has they need to get their head checked.
I wasn't "guessing". I thought I had read that there was at least one accusation of sodomy involved in the case. Like I said I may have been wrong

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't "guessing". I thought I had read that there was at least one accusation of sodomy involved in the case. Like I said I may have been wrong

Haven't heard of anything that serious. But at this point nothing would surprise me with him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing....current regime. This regime did not draft Baker. don't feel bad he tried to rip the current regime, too, for picks made by others. Hell, maybe we can blame them for the awful picks made by Belichick when he was here. Never mind they may not have reached HS at that point.
Oh, I see. Only little windows are open at the moment.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Although the suits filed to date share many similarities, only two include claims of sexual assault: Watson was said in both cases to have pressured women to perform oral sex during massages and was accused in one of also having grabbed a woman’s buttocks and vagina."

From the NY Times.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Although the suits filed to date share many similarities, only two include claims of sexual assault: Watson was said in both cases to have pressured women to perform oral sex during massages and was accused in one of also having grabbed a woman’s buttocks and vagina."

From the NY Times.

Pressure how though

Obviously they didn't so I'd suspect it was more along the lines of begging.

And again. Strange behavior but he's more of a creep than a rapist.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

1) Do you agree that if he is suspended for half of this year his cap hit for this year will be reduced by $500K?

2) Do you agree that if he is suspended for half of this year and his base salary was $30M for this year that his cap hit for this year will be reduced by $15M?

A simple yes or no to each question is all that is needed

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

1) Do you agree that if he is suspended for half of this year his cap hit for this year will be reduced by $500K?

2) Do you agree that if he is suspended for half of this year and his base salary was $30M for this year that his cap hit for this year will be reduced by $15M?

Watch the Browns redo his contract if he's placed on the exempt list, moving 2023 Salary into 2022.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I see. Only little windows are open at the moment.
"little windows"? we were talking about the current regime and how they have performed (no one disagreed past regimes were mostly beyond awful). are you suggesting we should grade the current regime on mistakes made by others?

He even insisted they have made bad picks yet cannot name any of them. It's OK to just say he's wrong. Pretty sure he knows.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

I thought the answers I gave in post 560 were simple enough. Here they are again with questions for you to answer...just noticed you failed to answer my question and instead deflected.

Assuming money lost for suspension comes off the cap then yes and yes.

do you agree if he has a $30-40 mil base in 2022 whether suspended or not it leaves the Browns with a lot less money to work with in 2022?
do you agree when they signed Watson to the deal they very possibly thought he might be suspended only a handful of games or even none?
Do you agree if they don't use the cap space this season they can carry it over to next year?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the Browns redo his contract if he's placed on the exempt list, moving 2023 Salary into 2022.
Oh, the irony. I did answer your questions with a yes or no when asked (post 560). Provided you some questions that you seem spooked by. Here they are again....

do you agree if he has a $30-40 mil base in 2022 whether suspended or not it leaves the Browns with a lot less money to work with in 2022?
do you agree when they signed Watson to the deal they very possibly thought he might be suspended only a handful of games or even none?
Do you agree if they don't use the cap space this season they can carry it over to next year?

a simple yes or no to each question is all that is needed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the answers I gave in post 560 were simple enough. Here they are again with questions for you to answer...just noticed you failed to answer my question and instead deflected.

Assuming money lost for suspension comes off the cap then yes and yes.

I'll address any questions you want in a separate post to not clutter or change the topic.

So you agree the Browns save $14.5M more in cap space in 2022 if they gave him a $30M base than the current $1M.

Do you also agree that they save this same $14.5M in cap space over the life of the contract?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll address any questions you want in a separate post to not clutter or change the topic.

So you agree the Browns save $14.5M more in cap space in 2022 if they gave him a $30M base than the current $1M.

Do you also agree that they save this same $14.5M in cap space over the life of the contract?
you will clutter with Qs for me then whine I don't answer (even though I did) but wont answer the questions posed to you here?

But I'll answer your questions - again......

1) Unless I'm not understanding you correctly (or you miswrote that?), no
2) would think in a fully guaranteed contract the cap space will be the same overall

your turn again

a simple yes or no to each question is all that is needed so shouldn't be too cluttered.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"little windows"? we were talking about the current regime and how they have performed (no one disagreed past regimes were mostly beyond awful). are you suggesting we should grade the current regime on mistakes made by others?

He even insisted they have made bad picks yet cannot name any of them. It's OK to just say he's wrong. Pretty sure he knows.
OK, so what outstanding picks have they made?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

no and no he loses some of his bonus also:suds:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no and no he loses some of his bonus also:suds:

The Browns added into his contract, he won't lose any bonus money if suspended.
As of now ALL of his bonus money is safely in his pocket.