• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they don't help their cap they help their cash in or out. Not debatable. Even by your own explanations. IF Haslam does not care so much about the cash out (and seems clear he doesn't by how much he spends) why do you if not an heir or his accountant?
Wait. In one scenario ($1M base in year one and suspended half the year) his total cap hit over the life of the contract is $235.5. In the other ($30M base in year one) his total cap hit is $221. How can you possibly say it doesn't help their cap hit?

Rollover doesn't matter because we are talking about total cap hit over the life of the contract not year to year. They never have that additional $15Mish even it the cap in scenario 2. It is not disputable that it helps their cap.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if someone wants to say 40 or 66 or whatever amount of massages is unprecedented I can by that. He also did himself no favors with his "I wouldn't change anything" reply. Dude needs some help.

But wow are many exaggerating.

"No regrets" was an atrocious answer.

I think we can all admit he clearly pulled his junk out more than a time or two in a bizarre fashion.

Maybe not pull the junk out and try to rub it on a chick's face?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the penalty for perjury is less than the penalty for sexually assaulting what could end up being 40 women, I suspect his answer will be "No, I did not do that".

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume the face palm means you realize your error so I'll try it using your methodology.

1) Do you agree that if he is suspended for half of this year his cap hit for this year will be reduced by $500K?

2) Do you agree that if he is suspended for half of this year and his base salary was $30M for this year that his cap hit for this year will be reduced by $15M?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the move but let's pump the brakes on the trade offending all of humanity.

Kobe got accused of ass r*pe. Benny Boy almost certainly did r*pe or at best got extra weird. Not a good look at all for Deshaun or the Browns but this isn't unprecedented.
Wait, when saying it isn't unprecedented, are you comparing one victim to what could be 26 or even 30+ victims by the time it is over?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume the face palm means you realize your error so I'll try it using your methodology.

1) Do you agree that if he is suspended for half of this year his cap hit for this year will be reduced by $500K?

2) Do you agree that if he is suspended for half of this year and his base salary was $30M for this year that his cap hit for this year will be reduced by $15M?
the face palm was because you seem to think having options is a bad thing and that hole you have dug is like a large crater at this point. They can sign him to a large deal and allow themselves little to no cap space to bring in another QB......or sign him to the same deal their other high-priced guys have and have room to add a QB if need be. If not, use the space as carry over for next year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

download (3).jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the face palm was because you seem to think having options is a bad thing and that hole you have dug is like a large crater at this point. They can sign him to a large deal and allow themselves little to no cap space to bring in another QB......or sign him to the same deal their other high-priced guys have and have room to add a QB if need be. If not, use the space as carry over for next year.

A simple yes or no to each question is all that is needed

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, when saying it isn't unprecedented, are you comparing one victim to what could be 26 or even 30+ victims by the time it is over?

And not one has accused him of r*pe.

It's bizarre behavior no doubt. But it's kind of like trying to say punching 40 people is worse than murdering one.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not one has accused him of r*pe.

It's bizarre behavior no doubt. But it's kind of like trying to say punching 40 people is worse than murdering one.
They haven't? If that's true, then I somewhat agree with you. I assumed someone had. accused him of inserting something somewhere. If not I take back my comment

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't? If that's true, then I somewhat agree with you. I assumed someone had. accused him of inserting something somewhere. If not I take back my comment

Not one even called the police.

I've not seen anything approach the R word. I could see a loose argument for assault on a few I think?

Again...dude is a weirdo. I just...find it immensely difficult to root for the guy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't heard anything as specific as r*pe. Just sexual misconduct. Which I would think covers a lot. But if any of the allegations were specifically r*pe that would have made news by now.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. In one scenario ($1M base in year one and suspended half the year) his total cap hit over the life of the contract is $235.5. In the other ($30M base in year one) his total cap hit is $221. How can you possibly say it doesn't help their cap hit?

Rollover doesn't matter because we are talking about total cap hit over the life of the contract not year to year. They never have that additional $15Mish even it the cap in scenario 2. It is not disputable that it helps their cap.
But Watson wanted money even if suspended. I think that's obvious. He signed with a team that offered that. The Browns could have offered a higher year one base salary, so half would have come out the same. It's just about giving him the hella cash he wanted. It's not nefarious, just foolhardy.

Miami's trade offer apparently included a requirement that he settle with his accusers. I don't know what kind of requirements the Saints and Panthers included. Obviously the Browns were willing to go ahead without settlements, and pay crazy money.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Watson wanted money even if suspended. I think that's obvious. He signed with a team that offered that. The Browns could have offered a higher year one base salary, so half would have come out the same. It's just about giving him the hella cash he wanted. It's not nefarious, just foolhardy.

Miami's trade offer apparently included a requirement that he settle with his accusers. I don't know what kind of requirements the Saints and Panthers included. Obviously the Browns were willing to go ahead without settlements, and pay crazy money.
Not the discussion at hand

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anything as specific as r*pe. Just sexual misconduct. Which I would think covers a lot. But if any of the allegations were specifically r*pe that would have made news by now.
I thought there were allegations of BJs or the such. I could be wrong. r*pe, sodomy. Not different in my book. But, like I said, if there wasn't I take back my comment

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He almost seemed careful to not cross a certain line and put most of the action in their hands but he also crossed a line in as taking his towel off or whatever.

The insanity is he almost assuredly scored with a reasonable amount. Why not just stick with them? So weird.

This is not a variety and spice of life deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A simple yes or no to each question is all that is needed
Assuming money lost for suspension comes off the cap then yes and yes.

do you agree if he has a $30-40 mil base in 2022 whether suspended or not it leaves the Browns with a lot less money to work with in 2022?
do you agree when they signed Watson to the deal they very possibly thought he might be suspended only a handful of games or even none?
Do you agree if they don't use the cap space this season they can carry it over to next year?