• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns have been exceptional at this over the years. why there have been a number of seasons where they were among the top spenders AND top or at least top half in cap space.

I think they are keeping the cap space open figuring they can use it if needed (which maybe they will if there's another QB they want to pay or they'll roll it over. This gives them options.
Screenshot_20220614-074146_Facebook.jpgLOL at the new and improved Brown FO

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry says,"Hold my beer"
Well we all know Jerrah has been crazy for years.

But there are posters here who think the new and improved Browns FO are the bomb diggety.

They're paying one single player, that may or may not play for 2 years more than the most successful organization of the past couple decades.

They would do good as GMs for professional soccer teams where $ has no borders.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does appear that way and if another team signed him to a like contract , then that team would receive the criticism the Browns are getting now.
Honestly they all should.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude may never throw another ball again while having to pay back his whole net worth to his victims. But that's asking for sanity in this world. A mighty tall task. Yikes. F***ing yikes.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does appear that way and if another team signed him to a like contract , then that team would receive the criticism the Browns are getting now.
But I highly doubt another team would do this.

Language exists that will not forfeit signing bonus or void future guarantees upon suspension

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With each additional lawsuit, this litigation continues to reach Defcon 1,” Wice said. “Deshaun Watson is caught in a West Texas hailstorm. He can’t run. He can’t hide and he can’t make it stop.”

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rusty Hardin sent the following statement in response to the search warrants:

“These allegations were put in a search warrant in order for law enforcement to be authorized to obtain records, that we would have made available for them if only asked. I am totally confident in saying whatever allegations that are said about Deshaun being improper and illegal in any of these massages are simply not true – whatever they are.”

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by the time Rusty Hardin gets paid, how much will Watson have left?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah im not sure what this strategy is from Watsons legal team

These civil suitz shouldve been settled right away. Then he would've been suspended last year and be ready to go now. But as it currently sits he could easily miss 2+ more years. No way the league let's him play with 24 active serial misconduct cases. So he's going to be on the exempt list for sure as they won't suspend him til those are adjudicated
Up to 26 now as more and more cases are being filed. It really makes sense to put him on the exempt list, then once these cases are settled decide if a suspension is warranted. I would think if only a half dozen or even 2 or 3 win there case against Watson then a suspension in 2023 will surely follow.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude may never throw another ball again while having to pay back his whole net worth to his victims. But that's asking for sanity in this world. A mighty tall task. Yikes. F***ing yikes.
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

I'm guessing you are HOPING that this happens. It's not realistic

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to disagree. Houston did the right thing last year and refused to play him. The Browns sold their soul and will, IMO only, absolutely play him. It's ridiculous, but I don't think they would have giving up the huge haul of picks and ridiculous contract to him if the weren't planning on playing him for all games for which he is not suspended. People can criticize their decision of course, but I think they made up their minds long ago. If I were a Browns fan I would have hated what the gave in picks and salary for Watson, but if they did all of that AND didn't play him I'd be calling for heads. Can you imagine setting your team back years by what they gave him and gave up for him and not playing him? That would be career suicide for everyone in their front office IMO
sold their soul a little of an exaggeration but not the best look. wonder if Houston would have played him had he never asked to be traded.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely Wrong. Some teams don't even have $10M from day one and still operate fine. And more importantly, as i said when I used $30M in my example, use whatever you want. Use $10M use $20M. Use $30M, use whatever. The point is still the point. By paying him a larger salary this year they would help their cap. By paying him $1M they hurt their cap. Which is different from what they did with every other player.

Current salary of $1M: Browns save $500K if he is suspended half the year (assuming a 16 game season)
With a base salary of $30M: Browns save $15M if suspended half the year

It's clear as day unless you are wearing your Homer glasses
No, they don't help their cap they help their cash in or out. Not debatable. Even by your own explanations. IF Haslam does not care so much about the cash out (and seems clear he doesn't by how much he spends) why do you if not an heir or his accountant?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh. My bad. He did say exempt list I think so I'm wrong there.Comment withdrawn. As far as the league goes I don't know what the heck I think they will do
Really hard to know, especially with the Texans dragged into it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't it also help the cap if he were suspended and they gave him $30M instead of $1M?
If he has a total contract of $236M (or whatever) and he is suspended half the year the total cap hit of the contract will be $235.5M. However, If his year one salary was $30M and he was suspended half the year the total cap hit of his contract would be $221M. Thats a clear benefit to the cap over the life of the contract
because assuming they make no other moves if they leave cap space this year it rolls over to next season. But paying him only $1 mil allows for other moves to be made (like maybe another QB if they choose).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we all know Jerrah has been crazy for years.

But there are posters here who think the new and improved Browns FO are the bomb diggety.

They're paying one single player, that may or may not play for 2 years more than the most successful organization of the past couple decades.

They would do good as GMs for professional soccer teams where $ has no borders.
Remember when you tried to rip their drafting but still have yet to name even one bad pick you think they made? Or tried to rip them for bad picks by other regimes?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news.

With two more complaints, the Browns are trying to get the NFL to void the Watson trade, and their sending flowers and candies to Mayfield asking if they can get back together.