• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really rich coming from you.
what's my agenda? I've never said Baker should or will play this season. Never said he's a clear franchise QB. Never said watson deserves a short suspension or no suspension. Even said when the deal was made, and still, it was not a no-brainer deal and could come back to bite us.

It's not like I've been caught in multiple lies and wont own any of them. Not like I've completely ignored how a team (and many teams) operate and said, no, just because this is just like those deals it MUST be because he has a suspension looming. Maybe you can answer the question posed earlier. If Watson had no suspension looming, what do you think his 2022 base would be?...
A) the same $1.035 mil
B) a much larger number

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am offering my opinion which is based in fact as to how the Browns have handled their business in the past. Here's a question for ya - If Watson was not facing suspension what do you think his base would be in year 1 (you know....like Garrett and ward who are not facing suspension)? Please try to offer an answer without added spin....
A) same as it is...$1.035 mil
B) a much higher amount
Another "what if scenario"? You sure love those, especial from someone who claims he make opinion on "facts".

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Elliot get 6 games for his domestic issue a few years ago? Let's use that as a baseline - if the NFL thinks what Elliot was accused of was worth 6 games, let's use that as a baseline. Let's go with 4 games for each woman in the suit. That's 96 games, or basically 5 1/2 years. Seems fair. If you wanted to cut it down to 2 games a charge - then that's 48 games, or 2.8 years. At a game suspension per charge - that's 2 years. That to me would be the very bottom of the barrel at this point - I think 2 games per is more than reasonable considering the pattern and everything else that has been involved.

As an aside - I think the Texans should be held accountable for enabling this issue - there was a clear pattern that instead of trying to get him help, they fostered his instability by providing a hotel room and NDA's - ignoring all kinds of potential red flags. What that should be - not sure - maybe a loss of the picks acquired in the trade and a fine? Again - not sure.
i think the Texans knew and abetted his misconduct and should lose multiple draft choices for the next 2 or 3 seasons and a $500000 fine for those years with the fine counting against their cap

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Elliot get 6 games for his domestic issue a few years ago? Let's use that as a baseline - if the NFL thinks what Elliot was accused of was worth 6 games, let's use that as a baseline. Let's go with 4 games for each woman in the suit. That's 96 games, or basically 5 1/2 years. Seems fair. If you wanted to cut it down to 2 games a charge - then that's 48 games, or 2.8 years. At a game suspension per charge - that's 2 years. That to me would be the very bottom of the barrel at this point - I think 2 games per is more than reasonable considering the pattern and everything else that has been involved.

As an aside - I think the Texans should be held accountable for enabling this issue - there was a clear pattern that instead of trying to get him help, they fostered his instability by providing a hotel room and NDA's - ignoring all kinds of potential red flags. What that should be - not sure - maybe a loss of the picks acquired in the trade and a fine? Again - not sure.
don't recall all the details of the Elliot suspension but wasn't there also video of him in a bar that kind of hurt him as well? Kind of groping a woman? From what I recall it looked like he did...but couldn't be certain.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, no matter who it is would be nice if there were at least some evidence to indict before deciding they should go to prison.

FYI, ya didn't fool me. Because of your personal standpoint you do, in fact, hope watson misses a season or longer as I said. Not even saying it's wrong to have that opinion. at best it seems the guy is a pervert with some issues he needs help with.
Never said HE should go to prison - that statement was about the larger population on sports players (recent DUI's killing people, etc...). Watson has a civil case, so he's not going to jail - and the burden of proof in the civil case is much, much lower. Chances of a favorable outcome here are much, much lower, but he's not going to jail. He's likely going to pay out a nifty sum to those involved.

Not trying to fool anyone. I think it's reasonable for any person to be able to separate different aspects of their life - the football fan in me wants to see the best of the best. Watson has been one of the best.

The personal side of me doesn't like athletes being held to an incredibly low standard when breaking the law - that's not just Watson - that's every sport, every player.

It's OK to have differing opinions on the same subject when analyzing situations, especially when acknowledging that those opinions are based on the angle in which you are viewing. Doing this allows you to be objective by looking at all sides of an issue, rather than just taking one side and digging in your heels.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's my agenda?
Looking at everything from the point of view of what helps the Browns the most. Mayfield? Of course he'll want to fill in for Watson! The contract wasn't designed to help Watson! The contract was market value! Just a few gems of yours.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another "what if scenario"? You sure love those, especial from someone who claims he make opinion on "facts".
another question that spooked you........."There are so many traits but the most distinguishable is that irrational people get spooked if you ask them questions that even remotely, vaguely, subtly oppose what they’re saying."

Let's see....the claim is the Browns gave him such a low base because of the suspension looming. Seems like a fair question to ask then what you think they'd have offered if no looming suspension. Here are your choices again......
A) the same $1.035 mil
B) a lot more

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the Texans knew and abetted his misconduct and should lose multiple draft choices for the next 2 or 3 seasons and a $500000 fine for those years with the fine counting against their cap
me, too...can the Browns get them back please?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at everything from the point of view of what helps the Browns the most. Mayfield? Of course he'll want to fill in for Watson! The contract wasn't designed to help Watson! The contract was market value! Just a few gems of yours.
Liar Liar Jim Carrey GIF - Liar Liar Jim Carrey Objection Your Honor -  Discover & Share GIFs

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said HE should go to prison - that statement was about the larger population on sports players (recent DUI's killing people, etc...). Watson has a civil case, so he's not going to jail - and the burden of proof in the civil case is much, much lower. Chances of a favorable outcome here are much, much lower, but he's not going to jail. He's likely going to pay out a nifty sum to those involved.

Not trying to fool anyone. I think it's reasonable for any person to be able to separate different aspects of their life - the football fan in me wants to see the best of the best. Watson has been one of the best.

The personal side of me doesn't like athletes being held to an incredibly low standard when breaking the law - that's not just Watson - that's every sport, every player.

It's OK to have differing opinions on the same subject when analyzing situations, especially when acknowledging that those opinions are based on the angle in which you are viewing. Doing this allows you to be objective by looking at all sides of an issue, rather than just taking one side and digging in your heels.
Not sure if true, but the article I posted yesterday said that "nifty sum" would be limited to 4 figures, maybe 5 figures at most.

Agree with that last comment and why I'm able to see this objectively with no agenda. A suspension of 1 year or more would not shock me and, yes, could be warranted. A short suspension also wont surprise me. was a time I thought no suspension was possible but hard to imagine that could happen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said "of course he'll fill in"....just didn't rule it out he would IF it was for a long suspension to Watson.

Never mentioned market value for the entire contract. simply pointed out year 1 is the same as what they pay everyone else in year 1 of a large extension. This is fact. Not opinion.

Almost like you just made this up.

But do try again.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mentioned market value for the entire contract.
Not exactly but.....

No fucking way...not to this degree.

Many teams kick tires and some will pursue with protection clauses. Your Browns far and away outbid themselves for a predator.

Outbid themselves? There were a number of other offers the Texans had that they'd have been willing to accept. Fact. Not opinion.

OK? There were still other teams they were bidding against.

and if they didn't multiple other teams would have done it.

This is an example of what you do, claim that you didn't say or imply some thing that you clearly did, then count on it being to much work to prove. You do this OVER and OVER and OVER. You don't debate in good faith.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly but.....

This is an example of what you do, claim that you didn't say or imply some thing that you clearly did, then count on it being to much work to prove. You do this OVER and OVER and OVER. You don't debate in good faith.
we have no idea what the other teams offered him and there were other teams who made offers. This isn't exactly a secret.

What some do is simply lie/make things up.....get called on it....then not own they lied/were wrong/made it up. You are in that group.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly but.....

and what about the other area you made up/lied? when did I say "of course Baker will fill in? I only said I wouldn't rule it out.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what about the other area you made up/lied? when did I say "of course Baker will fill in? I only said I wouldn't rule it out.
You said he would ( if Watson is suspended) because it would benefit him by showing he was healthy. Just another example of bad faith debating by you.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said he would because it would benefit him by showing he was healthy.....if he was needed.
I did say if asked he'd play over sitting out, not being paid and not getting an accrued season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows at this point but I am leaning that direction too

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Florio has a hard on for Baker, this has been going on for awhile now. I just don't value his opinion at all bc of track record, it's awful