• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NLDS: Dodgers vs Giants

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks the Giants had to lose like that but it was an epic series.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope this makes them rethink their seeding strategy going forward. Absolutely ridiculous that a 107 win team and a 106 win team met in a 5 game series.
As a Cardinals fan I thought it was pretty dumb but the Giants fans on here didnt seem to mind before the series.

If the Dodgers end up beating the Barves in 4 or 5 games then I expect there to be some talking still.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when I first saw it in real time, it looked borderline. When they showed the replay, it really wasn't very close at all. Good thing for the Dodgers that it's not reviewable.
I saw it and went yikes.lol But what do you do. You take it. I feel bad for Giants fans but in reality they scored 1 run ,struck out like 13 times and walked 0 times against six Dodger pitchers at home. When Cody Bellinger gets more hits with men on base than your entire team then you put yourself in this position.
Who was named MVP of the series? Urias? Cody?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing how it ended but what would a Giants-Dodgers elimination game be without some controversy

Yeah, that sucked. I hate seeing that happen to any team. Getting the call right probably just delays the inevitable considering Flores was 0-17 vs. Scherzer. But you still have to get that call right and give the guy a chance. I mean, Bellinger struggled all season, was 2-48 against the Giants going into the series and ended up getting the series winning hit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it and went yikes.lol But what do you do. You take it. I feel bad for Giants fans but in reality they scored 1 run ,struck out like 13 times and walked 0 times against six Dodger pitchers at home. When Cody Bellinger gets more hits with men on base than your entire team then you put yourself in this position.
Who was named MVP of the series? Urias? Cody?

True. It was a bad call, but it didn't cost the Giants the game or series. Gotta score more than 10 runs in a 5 game series and you definitely have to come up with more than 1 run when you have the deciding game at home.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they do that for division series. I'd probably have to say Mookie. He seemed to be the most consistent player.
Ahhhh yeah he was constantly on base and game 4 he was doing everything. I'm jjust happy for Bellinger. I seriously thought they might have to do some sort of intervention if he continued to suck so bad. He was literally the worst hitter in baseball this season. I thought maybe he would do something really stupid like get drunk and crash his car. There were times in the season where I thought they had a better chance sending up the bat boy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh yeah he was constantly on base and game 4 he was doing everything. I'm jjust happy for Bellinger. I seriously thought they might have to do some sort of intervention if he continued to suck so bad. He was literally the worst hitter in baseball this season. I thought maybe he would do something really stupid like get drunk and crash his car. There were times in the season where I thought they had a better chance sending up the bat boy.

To be fair, he went through a lot of injuries this season. He came into the season recovering from surgery, then he had a hairline in his leg and when that healed he broke a rib.

Hopefully, he's finally getting healthy and will play better the rest of the way.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that "called" swing from last night. Yikes...

However, that has got to be one of the hardest calls in baseball for an umpire at real speed

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he went through a lot of injuries this season. He came into the season recovering from surgery, then he had a hairline in his leg and when that healed he broke a rib.

Hopefully, he's finally getting healthy and will play better the rest of the way.
All thats true but the problem was he never changed his approach . He kept his stand straight up swing like you're in a home run distance competition even if you are on a 0-2 count and have struck out the three previous at bats How he's swinging now was possible back then. Better late than never has never been so fitting.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that "called" swing from last night. Yikes...

However, that has got to be one of the hardest calls in baseball for an umpire at real speed

People will focus on that, but Kris Bryant striking out in the 4th inning on 5 balls had the bigger impact on the game. The problem umpire wasn't Gabe Morales. It was Doug Eddings.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cardinals fan I thought it was pretty dumb but the Giants fans on here didnt seem to mind before the series.

If the Dodgers end up beating the Barves in 4 or 5 games then I expect there to be some talking still.

Not ideal, but I think that's the way they should do it if they keep unbalanced schedules. If you play every NL team the same number of times as you play teams in your division, then seeding by record would be great.

Also, I'm going to have a much bigger problem with MLB adding more playoff teams than I do with the current system, which is not perfect, but is arguably better than the playoff systems for the other sports, especially the NBA, where losing teams often make the playoffs.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People will focus on that, but Kris Bryant striking out in the 4th inning on 5 balls had the bigger impact on the game. The problem umpire wasn't Gabe Morales. It was Doug Eddings.

Yeah they will as they will claim that is the only reason why the Giants lost. They had opportunities in Game 3 and 4 to close it out and didn't.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they will as they will claim that is the only reason why the Giants lost. They had opportunities in Game 3 and 4 to close it out and didn't.

There is always that hope, but yeah, Wilmer Flores most likely makes an out eventually.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ideal, but I think that's the way they should do it if they keep unbalanced schedules. If you play every NL team the same number of times as you play teams in your division, then seeding by record would be great.

Also, I'm going to have a much bigger problem with MLB adding more playoff teams than I do with the current system, which is not perfect, but is arguably better than the playoff systems for the other sports, especially the NBA, where losing teams often make the playoffs.
I definitely like MLB more than the NBA marathon but MLB does need some tweaks.

Heck, I'd be okay with the #1 seed being able to pick who they play in the first round.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely like MLB more than the NBA marathon but MLB does need some tweaks.

Heck, I'd be okay with the #1 seed being able to pick who they play in the first round.

LOL. That would feel too much like a game show to me, or like Survivor. Also, I would hate that if I were a fan of the #1 seed. I feel like the opponent they pick will have extra motivation.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. That would feel too much like a game show to me, or like Survivor. Also, I would hate that if I were a fan of the #1 seed. I feel like the opponent they pick will have extra motivation.
Yeah, its the type of thing ESPN would have a cow over. You'd have a good month of 'who should choose to play who' talk before the end of the season right along with the Wild Card and Division races. It would probably be terrible in some ways but I do think it would increase ratings.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, its the type of thing ESPN would have a cow over. You'd have a good month of 'who should choose to play who' talk before the end of the season right along with the Wild Card and Division races. It would probably be terrible in some ways but I do think it would increase ratings.

LOL. That would be so awful to put the no. 1 team in that spot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the Dodgers having to play a wild card game. So I wouldn't necessarily want to change that. But they should then re-seed for the divisional series. Otherwise, you risk the LCS being anti-climactic.

Having said that, the Braves took the Dodgers to 7 games last year (even went up 3-1)...so what do I know? lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brainstorming here…. Not sure I even like this idea. I just want to see what you guys think about it…

WC game remains as-is.

LDS gets reseeded, but the WC team still loses HFA to whatever team it plays in the LDS.

So this year, instead of…

LAD @ SF
Atl @ Mil

it would have been…

Atl @ SF
LAD @ Mil

And if the WC team wins in the LDS, the still lose HFA against whatever team they play in the LCS.

#1 seed still gets the benefit of the “easiest” team and the WC team still gets “punished” by not having HFA until, potentially, the WS.