• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners vs. Seahawks

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JG coulda just quit on the team before the game so that we had time to prep Lance a bit better. I don't have any sense of how serious the injury is, but I didn't see any sort of limp or other indication that he couldn't go out and play.

Lance fared as well as you could have hoped. Not sure they can really go back to JG after Lance starts the process, given how much they gave up to get him, even if his performance is bumpy. We'll see, but it sure feels like the JG era is over.
The bolded is absolutely one of the most ridiculous things I've heard on this board and that is saying a lot.
Its the Shanahan era that should be over, not the Garoppolo era. The 49ers are in last place again and headed for another losing season. I think they've finished last every year under Shanahan except for the Super Bowl year. He simply does not know how to close games.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolded is absolutely one of the most ridiculous things I've heard on this board and that is saying a lot.
Its the Shanahan era that should be over, not the Garoppolo era. The 49ers are in last place again and headed for another losing season. I think they've finished last every year under Shanahan except for the Super Bowl year. He simply does not know how to close games.
There is some truth to that statement - however he wasn’t the idiot returning the kick off. Maybe they should have a more reliable back up kicker, maybe that’s on him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some truth to that statement - however he wasn’t the idiot returning the kick off. Maybe they should have a more reliable back up kicker, maybe that’s on him.
Shanahan should have done something to shore up the defensive backfield. That's a problem. He got rid of Buckner; huge mistake. They paid Armstead, big mistake. They gave away three first round picks for Lance; remains to be seen how that will pan out. The worst thing is the ridiculous number of draft picks they have wasted and trades they make on injured players hoping for a bargain and I don't think even one has panned out. The offensive line is a mess, the running back situation is a mess. The team just always seems unprepared for close games at the end. They make one mistake after another
What the hell was #49 doing back there returning kicks anyway? Who is that guy?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance played ok but only on broken plays or blown coverages. You can’t base an offense on broken plays
Broken plays or not Lance in 2 quarters put up more yards and equal TDs to Wilson while rushing for 41 yards as well.

If you just look at the box score the 49ers dominated the game. We had double the total yardage of the Seahawks. The missed FG and that fumble on the kickoff was the difference. The Seahawks had no turnovers to give anything back to us.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broken plays or not Lance in 2 quarters put up more yards and equal TDs to Wilson while rushing for 41 yards as well.

If you just look at the box score the 49ers dominated the game. We had double the total yardage of the Seahawks. The missed FG and that fumble on the kickoff was the difference. The Seahawks had no turnovers to give anything back to us.
That domination in the first half really worried me because they didn't put the game away. When a team dominates a game but doesn't put the opponent away, it almost always turns out bad.
As for Lance, you are incorrect that he matched Wilson. Wilson got the Seahawks three TDs and Lance got one on a TD throw where the guy was so open that I could have made it and one in garbage time that was basically a handoff.
He did a couple good thigs on broken plays but he looked awful the first few series. He did show some good athletic ability in garbage time but a broken play offense is no offense you can count on.
As for the Seahawks not turning the ball over, the 49er defense is tough but they NEVER get any turnovers. Remember 2018 they set the NFL record for fewest turnovers created in history. This year I think they have created one turnover and that guy is out for the year. Its just a collection of good athletes that are very poorly coached

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... ok gramps. I was talking about this game specifically. He pulled himself out of the game during halftime. Woulda been nice if he had decided on Wednesday instead of half-time during the game. Am I being sarcastic? Yeah, I am. because here we are with a potentially injured JG again.

Are you suggesting that we fire Shanahan and wrap JG in bubble wrap and rainbows?

Last edited:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... ok gramps. I was talking about this game specifically. He pulled himself out of the game during halftime. Woulda been nice if he had decided on Wednesday instead of half-time during the game. Am I being sarcastic? Yeah, I am. because here we are with a potentially injured JG again.

Are you suggesting that we fire Shanahan and wrap JG in bubble wrap and rainbows?
Fuck you and your "gramps" bullshit. Get your info straight. He did not pull himself out. Only a fool would believe a starting NFL QB would give up his spot willingly; especially when he was playing well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That domination in the first half really worried me because they didn't put the game away. When a team dominates a game but doesn't put the opponent away, it almost always turns out bad.
As for Lance, you are incorrect that he matched Wilson. Wilson got the Seahawks three TDs and Lance got one on a TD throw where the guy was so open that I could have made it and one in garbage time that was basically a handoff.
He did a couple good thigs on broken plays but he looked awful the first few series. He did show some good athletic ability in garbage time but a broken play offense is no offense you can count on.
As for the Seahawks not turning the ball over, the 49er defense is tough but they NEVER get any turnovers. Remember 2018 they set the NFL record for fewest turnovers created in history. This year I think they have created one turnover and that guy is out for the year. Its just a collection of good athletes that are very poorly coached
Russell Wilson makes things happen off broken plays too, maybe not in this game, but a lot over his career.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson makes things happen off broken plays too, maybe not in this game, but a lot over his career.
That broken play touchdown pass after the Niners fumbled was a thing of beauty. How he escaped that sack and found the receiver in the end zone was unreal. Its definitely a plus to have a QB that can do that when the play breaks down. But Wilson is great from the pocket as well. The difference, so far at least, is broken plays are all Lance can do. But I think the thing that concerns me most about him is the huge windup before he throws. That is a death sentence for QBs in the NFL. That, for sure, has got to change.
With all the injuries, especially to Garoppolo, this team is destined for last place in the division again so I'm changing my mind about playing Lance. I think maybe we just put him in there and get all the experience he can. Since the season is pretty much lost, we might as well get something out of it,

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That broken play touchdown pass after the Niners fumbled was a thing of beauty. How he escaped that sack and found the receiver in the end zone was unreal. Its definitely a plus to have a QB that can do that when the play breaks down. But Wilson is great from the pocket as well. The difference, so far at least, is broken plays are all Lance can do. But I think the thing that concerns me most about him is the huge windup before he throws. That is a death sentence for QBs in the NFL. That, for sure, has got to change.
With all the injuries, especially to Garoppolo, this team is destined for last place in the division again so I'm changing my mind about playing Lance. I think maybe we just put him in there and get all the experience he can. Since the season is pretty much lost, we might as well get something out of it,
I'd rather play Lance this week than an injured JG. Apparently, JG couldn't 'push off' well enough, or set himself well enough, so his passes were even worse? No surprise Lance isn't solid yet running the offense, but every rookie goes thru a learning phase. At least Lance CAN do something from broken plays, better than not being able like Kaepernick.

No one is happy at 2-2 but with 13 games left, the season isn't lost. This team doesn't have the 'magic' like in 2019, but it can still win enough games. The West games are always key so at very least, we have to split the Division.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather play Lance this week than an injured JG. Apparently, JG couldn't 'push off' well enough, or set himself well enough, so his passes were even worse? No surprise Lance isn't solid yet running the offense, but every rookie goes thru a learning phase. At least Lance CAN do something from broken plays, better than not being able like Kaepernick.

No one is happy at 2-2 but with 13 games left, the season isn't lost. This team doesn't have the 'magic' like in 2019, but it can still win enough games. The West games are always key so at very least, we have to split the Division.
Its gonna be really tough in AZ this weekend. Green and Hopkins should have field days against our Corners. I don't trust our front four in containment either. Murray will be a handful yet it would not surprise me to see the 49ers somehow pull this one out of their ass.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its gonna be really tough in AZ this weekend. Green and Hopkins should have field days against our Corners. I don't trust our front four in containment either. Murray will be a handful yet it would not surprise me to see the 49ers somehow pull this one out of their ass.
No doubt this week is a tough match-up, Arizona does have the 'magic' and they're at home.

Murray is playing lights out so unless our offense can score a LOT............yeah i know.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt this week is a tough match-up, Arizona does have the 'magic' and they're at home.

Murray is playing lights out so unless our offense can score a LOT............yeah i know.
I think they beat Arizona last year without Garoppolo so.............

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think they beat Arizona last year without Garoppolo so.............
Pretty sure it'll take Cardinal turnovers, cause hard to see them just playing a bad game?

Hard to see the 49ers playing a complete game either, cause that's what it'll take if no turnovers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure it'll take Cardinal turnovers, cause hard to see them just playing a bad game?

Hard to see the 49ers playing a complete game either, cause that's what it'll take if no turnovers.
Losing Mostert and Verrett in the first game really took its toll on the roster

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Losing Mostert and Verrett in the first game really took its toll on the roster
The running game no longer goes WIDE, cause it appears only Mostert was effective? That wide play would open it up horizontally, now the D's just crash down.

More dissapointed in the lack of pressure, as opposed to losing Verrett. Losing Verrett certainly hurt, but even he needed pressure by the D-line.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The running game no longer goes WIDE, cause it appears only Mostert was effective? That wide play would open it up horizontally, now the D's just crash down.

More dissapointed in the lack of pressure, as opposed to losing Verrett. Losing Verrett certainly hurt, but even he needed pressure by the D-line.
Me too.