• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners Shopping Haralson

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not crazy about that idea. I agree our depth looks better than last year, but he's part of the reason. It wouldn't hurt to have a veteran there with starting experience. Parys has looked good so far.

I guess it depends what they're looking for in return. Maybe he wants an opportunity to play more?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Doesn't surprise me as Lemonier, Cam, and Skuta have all looked good in the position and they would be younger, cheaper, and provide more ST value.

Also Haralson would probably fetch a decent pick in return.

Than again McCoy was on the trade block so maybe Haralson is going to replace Brooks as our #2 guy :D

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

after looking at all the factors, ok it does make sense. not an easy call being "the time is now", but all things considered....not so bad an idea.

now the question is............what would we accept in return? wouldn't take a 7th rounder cause think his back-up value is higher.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doesn't surprise me as Lemonier, Cam, and Skuta have all looked good in the position and they would be younger, cheaper, and provide more ST value.

Also Haralson would probably fetch a decent pick in return.

Than again McCoy was on the trade block so maybe Haralson is going to replace Brooks as our #2 guy :D

6th? 5th? other?

i'd guess a 6th, maybe a conditional 5th at best.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited for skuta he's looked good all pre season. Haralson has as well guess age is.the factor

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
6th? 5th? other?

5th at best but since teams have a feeling he's going to get cut anyways it might be hard to get that.

So if we do find a trade partner I would say a 6th rounder.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Parys Haralson - LB - 49ers

CSN Bay Area reports the 49ers are shopping OLB Parys Haralson.

It's an indication Haralson will be cut if the 49ers can't find a trade partner. An eight-year veteran, Haralson agreed to slash his 2013 salary from $2.67 million to $1.15 million in March. Haralson missed all of 2012 with a torn triceps.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Aug 26 - 2:10 PM

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Parys Haralson - LB - 49ers

CSN Bay Area reports the 49ers are shopping OLB Parys Haralson.

It's an indication Haralson will be cut if the 49ers can't find a trade partner. An eight-year veteran, Haralson agreed to slash his 2013 salary from $2.67 million to $1.15 million in March. Haralson missed all of 2012 with a torn triceps.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Aug 26 - 2:10 PM

I don't agree with that. Haralson has looked great in the preseason. He's a starting caliber (albeit not a great starter) player who has scheme versatility. I view this more as a "Let's see what we can get" than a "Let's dump this guy before we cut him." At least I hope that's what it is. Haralson only has one more year on his deal, and is not likely to return next year. If we can get a pick in the top three or four rounds, I'd think that's a no-brainer. Not sure I'd make the move for less. He's too valuable to the depth. Particularly if Brooks is suspended.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the difference in ability between Haralson vs Lemonier, Johnson or Skuta. But I think we should hang on to Haralson. We need to keep Aldon fresh for December and January. Plus you don't know about injuries. I remember reading a quote from Harbaugh about how he wished they had designated Haralson as eligible to return off of IR. Haralson was ready to go in mid December. 49ers: Jim Harbaugh admits mistake in handling Parys Haralson move - San Jose Mercury News

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't know the difference in ability between Haralson vs Lemonier, Johnson or Skuta. But I think we should hang on to Haralson. We need to keep Aldon fresh for December and January. Plus you don't know about injuries. I remember reading a quote from Harbaugh about how he wished they had designated Haralson as eligible to return off of IR. Haralson was ready to go in mid December. 49ers: Jim Harbaugh admits mistake in handling Parys Haralson move - San Jose Mercury News

Couldn't agree more, I know slashing salary is important but they need to figure out another way. Keeping Aldon fresh is key given that w/o Smith last year he had to take on more.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they do trade him its because of Lemon looking like a beast. I say we keep him for Depth.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only do a trade if its a 5th or better. I rather keep him for depth instead of getting a 6th or 7th for him.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more, I know slashing salary is important but they need to figure out another way. Keeping Aldon fresh is key given that w/o Smith last year he had to take on more.

That's the thing, it's really not that important, since we have more than $7 million in cap room. Plus Haralson is on the last year of his contract, so his deal doesn't hurt us next year.

I really don't think a 5th or 6th round pick is more valuable than Haralson right now. This would be a very dumb move to trade away our great depth to save a few dollars and pick up a late round pick.

I hope this is just a leaked rumor by Baalke, to see if anyone is desperate enough to trade us a 4th or better for a good pass rusher.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they do trade him its because of Lemon looking like a beast. I say we keep him for Depth.

This is exactly my thought process. After this defense wore down and was as injured as it was last season, I would doubt they would give up starter quality OLB play at a cheap salary for anything less then a 4th.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th? 5th? other?

I never thought that much of Harylson. He was just a role player, fringe type starter.