• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners Shopping Haralson

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More ammo to move up and get Clowney next year

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I cant wait anymore. It is almost 11pm here in Ohio. Time for bed.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
More ammo to move up and get Clowney next year

The NFL wouldn't allow the Niners to take Clowney because it just wouldn't be fair to the rest of the NFL.

If either Patton or Baldwin show something good, I have my eye on Bradley Roby from Ohio St on a big ol' trade up. He's a rare CB prospect.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mattbarrows: The condition: If Haralson makes the Saints roster, they'll send a seventh-round pick to San Francisco.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like we got a conditional 7th round pick. What a fkn joke. We trade a starter for them for a 7th. It must have been short notice and they were willing to accept anything.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mattbarrows: The condition: If Haralson makes the Saints roster, they'll send a seventh-round pick to San Francisco.

Man that is a crappy trade. It would almost have been better to cut him rather than make a contender better. But, I guess he could have gone to Seattle as a free agent and that would have been even worse.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why people are getting so worked up about it. Parys is on a 1 year deal and it's clear that Lemonier passed him on the depth cart. So I think the Niners were probably going to cut him. So something for nothing. Also it's Parys freaking Harelson. Nice player but c'mon. Fans overvaluing their own player I guess.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess on the positive side you don't usually get anything for a spot you have to cut anyway. Not saying we were going to cut PH, but we would have had to cut someone good, and promising.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I guess on the positive side you don't usually get anything for a spot you have to cut anyway. Not saying we were going to cut PH, but we would have had to cut someone good, and promising.

Not sure if I like the deal for a 7th.

If you cut him, he still has to clear waivers. Some real crappy AFC team like the Jaguars or Raiders could have scooped him off the waivers. So would you rather him be completely out of the picture for nothing, or be on the Saints (a contender and possible playoff matchup) for a late 7th?

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

If you cut him, he still has to clear waivers. Some real crappy AFC team like the Jaguars or Raiders could have scooped him off the waivers. So would you rather him be completely out of the picture for nothing, or be on the Saints (a contender and possible playoff matchup) for a late 7th?

I think Haralson has been in the league long enough to not go through waivers, had he been cut. So he would have been able to sign anywhere.

I agree that getting a 7th doesn't look good, but it's something instead of nothing.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a tough decision, but we do know his strengths and weaknesses. Maybe we can take advantage of him when we play them.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting a 7th is always better than nothing which was the other option. We got younger, cheaper, and better at the position. I don't get the overvalue and disappointment for a fringe player that was getting cut.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Haralson has been in the league long enough to not go through waivers, had he been cut. So he would have been able to sign anywhere.

I agree that getting a 7th doesn't look good, but it's something instead of nothing.

Balkee is hit or miss in making some great moves and some shit moves... This is a shit move.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone got Parys Haralson stats this preseason? I got some dued saying he was out preformed my Skuta thats why he got traded for a 7th.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haralson was serviceable at best...

The guy has a career sack total of 22, and 8 of them came in 2008...

Sure he is solid against the run, and has played well this preseason. But he is still coming off a torn triceps injury and is past the halfway point of his career...

The team had a log-jam at OLB with more promising, more versatile, and less expensive options in their plans, apparently ahead of Haralson...

Getting anything even a 7th rnd pick is better than nothing and more than they would have gotten if they were just going to release him...

I like Haralson and wish him the best, but I understand why he was traded and think Baalke got what he could out of the trade...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wtf a seventh rounder ... Baalke whiffed even bigger than AJ Jenkins

I don't get characterizing this as a "whiff."

They're trying to save salary for next year. My biggest problem has to do with sending him to the Saints. I'd think we could have gotten as much from the Eagles, who pose less of a threat. Though this may be a case of the team trying to do right by a vet, something they have done in recent years.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Getting a 7th is always better than nothing which was the other option. We got younger, cheaper, and better at the position. I don't get the overvalue and disappointment for a fringe player that was getting cut.

My biggest concern is that we know Fangio trusts Haralson. Fangio has a real aversion to rotating his players, and I question to what extent he'll trust Lemonier or Skuta over Brooks and Smith, even if it's only for a snap here or there. If we don't rotate those guys at least a little this year, then I think getting rid of Haralson was a mistake.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemonier had the highest pass rush productivity rate of all 3/4 OLBs during the pre-season according to PFF. We are set. I'm salivating at the thought of our rotation when Tank returns.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners did Harralson dirty but that has been this team's M.O. way back to the Walsh era.