• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners Shopping Haralson

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is that we know Fangio trusts Haralson. Fangio has a real aversion to rotating his players, and I question to what extent he'll trust Lemonier or Skuta over Brooks and Smith, even if it's only for a snap here or there. If we don't rotate those guys at least a little this year, then I think getting rid of Haralson was a mistake.

Harralson missed the entire season last year and they didn't miss a beat until the Smiths got injured. I don't think they'll miss him but he will be fired up when we play the Saints.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bad trade

After some thought, I would tend to agree. A 7th-ronud pick from a good team probably won't even make the team next year. And it would move a 6th-round pick up maybe 10 spots or so in a trade (if that; going by memory).

However, I'm VERY happy Lemonier is 1st off the bench. I think he'll be better than Brooks by next year. And this may mean the guy(s) behind Lemonier are impressing as much as Haralson was?

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After some thought, I would tend to agree. A 7th-ronud pick from a good team probably won't even make the team next year. And it would move a 6th-round pick up maybe 10 spots or so in a trade (if that; going by memory).

However, I'm VERY happy Lemonier is 1st off the bench. I think he'll be better than Brooks by next year. And this may mean the guy(s) behind Lemonier are impressing as much as Haralson was?

What makes that trade even worse now that the roster is down past 75, is the 9ers are at 74 with out cutting anyone (besides the Olympian) Could have been more patient and talked to teams besides just pulling the trigger... It wasn't for sure he was going to get cut. I re watched the games to check out Skuta and he gets man handled at the line. For what the money is worth I could see a restructured deal and them cutting both Skuta and Johnson.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just really hope a player they want badly is there in the 6th round next year, and they jump on front of a team who also wants him by trading the Saints' 7th rounder. That would make it worth it for me.

...if that team is the Seahawks.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes that trade even worse now that the roster is down past 75, is the 9ers are at 74 with out cutting anyone (besides the Olympian) Could have been more patient and talked to teams besides just pulling the trigger... It wasn't for sure he was going to get cut. I re watched the games to check out Skuta and he gets man handled at the line. For what the money is worth I could see a restructured deal and them cutting both Skuta and Johnson.

Seriously Boldin was traded for a 6th. An actual productive starter. Yeah the salary's are different but I'm really laughing here. What makes PH so valuable? He's a backup OLB. Teams would have waited for him to be cut. He was clearly behind Cam and Corey. I guarantee there was no freaking market for Parys Harelson.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously Boldin was traded for a 6th. An actual productive starter. Yeah the salary's are different but I'm really laughing here. What makes PH so valuable? He's a backup OLB. Teams would have waited for him to be cut. He was clearly behind Cam and Corey. I guarantee there was no freaking market for Parys Harelson.

Maybe but there is one more preseason game and shit could happen.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the more probable scenario? Niners just say yes when the Saints offer a 7th round pick OR Saints tell Niners that we'll give you a 7th for PH. Niners ask for more and the Saints say 7th or nothing. Niners ask around for a higher pick for PH. Other teams laugh at Niners and Niners trade PH for the 7th.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked PH, but the reality of the situation is that our evaluators/coaches feel that others have played/practiced themselves in front of the guy. I'll trust the FO to make those tough decisions they seem to have hit more than missed in the past few years. The fact that we got something for him is a positive.

I wish him the best of luck...in defending he run when he has to eat a block from a pulling 9er O-Lineman.