• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Power Rankings: Pats fall to 7th, Chiefs #1

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw this thread I wondered for a moment on what I thought Seatlle's ranking was. I guessed #11.
The Seahawks could use another MidnightAngel thread creation.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw this thread I wondered for a moment on what I thought Seatlle's ranking was. I guessed #11.
The Seahawks could use another MidnightAngel thread creation.
Your boy judge thinks your stellar 2-2 record with wins over SF and Indy is worthy of a #6 ranking.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs should be firstmt. GB at 2 is ridiculous . They've got wins over 2 1 win teams and a 2 win team. Didn't look at the rest . Once you miss on number 2 by that much I'm sure the rest are awful as well. There are 5 or 6 teams you could put there but GB is not one of them

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit has impressed me more than Atlanta

I've seen all 4 ATL games and 1 DET...I think ATL getting that win in DET should keep them above DET, but #3 and #9? IDK about that...they should be much closer....maybe 5 and 7...ATL is not the #3 imo.

The Giants being winless (sorry) made their win @ NYG not look as good, but wins @ NYG, and MIN, both teams with solid DEF and poor OFC is solid. The key for DET is sustaining it.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm say Seattle doesn't belong at #6 and the Rams don't belong at #16.
its probably this:

The Rams have allowed 4.9 yards per rush and a league-worst seven rushing touchdowns so far this season. They'll have to shore up the rushing defense if they have want to contend.

2 of those 3 wins are vs a team without a QB (indy) and another team without a QB (SF)

both defenses suck too. the win in dallas? meh. they lost at home to the giants who are 0-4.
the cowboys are very overrated this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its probably this:

The Rams have allowed 4.9 yards per rush and a league-worst seven rushing touchdowns so far this season. They'll have to shore up the rushing defense if they have want to contend.

2 of those 3 wins are vs a team without a QB (indy) and another team without a QB (SF)

both defenses suck too. the win in dallas? meh. they lost at home to the giants who are 0-4.
the cowboys are very overrated this year.

Couple of things...

1) If we are going by how bad a defense looks then shouldn't NE be much lower? I mean if you are getting after the Rams for having a bad rush defense well the Patriots are worse. Plus the Patriots can't stop the pass. I mean if we are talking about who they played well the Patriots beat a bad Saints team and Houston on a crazy play at the end while Houston was starting a rookie still figuring things out. Then they lost to a team that has struggled all year on offense because their QB had surgery and has been widely inaccurate in Carolina.

So to me if you are going to have justification for the Rams still being at 16 then the Patriots should be right there as well especially since they have already lost 2 home games.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things...

1) If we are going by how bad a defense looks then shouldn't NE be much lower? I mean if you are getting after the Rams for having a bad rush defense well the Patriots are worse. Plus the Patriots can't stop the pass. I mean if we are talking about who they played well the Patriots beat a bad Saints team and Houston on a crazy play at the end while Houston was starting a rookie still figuring things out. Then they lost to a team that has struggled all year on offense because their QB had surgery and has been widely inaccurate in Carolina.

So to me if you are going to have justification for the Rams still being at 16 then the Patriots should be right there as well especially since they have already lost 2 home games.
1) i said the pats should be 1-3, you can search

PS you said a couple but only listed one point. the pats are 7th because they still ave the offense, and have a history of correcting these problems. see 2011 and 2013.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) i said the pats should be 1-3, you can search

PS you said a couple but only listed one point. the pats are 7th because they still ave the offense, and have a history of correcting these problems. see 2011 and 2013.

Sorry meant to include another number in there.

2) If you are going to point to the Pats offense well the Rams have the #1 scoring offense in football. So just because their defense hasn't been great that offense has been explosive. Every good thing you can point to for the Pats I can point to just as many for the Rams and just as many bad things I can do the same towards the Pats.

My guess and I'm pretty sure this is right is reputation is why they are ranked where they are ranked. The Rams have started hot in the past to fade quickly. Power ranking writers want more games to see if they are legit. With the Pats obviously being a top-4 team in the league has been the norm and them starting a bit slow is not anything new. So yes they are getting the benefit of the doubt that they will get something figured out. I would say the issues the Pats have this year are much different than years past but we shall see.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry meant to include another number in there.

2) If you are going to point to the Pats offense well the Rams have the #1 scoring offense in football. So just because their defense hasn't been great that offense has been explosive. Every good thing you can point to for the Pats I can point to just as many for the Rams and just as many bad things I can do the same towards the Pats.

My guess and I'm pretty sure this is right is reputation is why they are ranked where they are ranked. The Rams have started hot in the past to fade quickly. Power ranking writers want more games to see if they are legit. With the Pats obviously being a top-4 team in the league has been the norm and them starting a bit slow is not anything new. So yes they are getting the benefit of the doubt that they will get something figured out. I would say the issues the Pats have this year are much different than years past but we shall see.
the pats have a history with this coaching staff of correcting these problems. mcvie, is new.

i think this week is the week that decides this peats teams future for the season. usually by week 5, bill corrects this shit.

there are rumblings that patricia may be the problem. he tends to...putting this lightly...severely overreact to things, especially in practice.

example...bill came up tp hom at practice earlier this week, said something to him, and he dropped his clipboard, threw his head back and started freaking out.

some in the organization say he might be too childish to fix this and that the D has tuned him out.

we'll see.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the pats have a history with this coaching staff of correcting these problems. mcvie, is new.

i think this week is the week that decides this peats teams future for the season. usually by week 5, bill corrects this shit.

there are rumblings that patricia may be the problem. he tends to...putting this lightly...severely overreact to things, especially in practice.

example...bill came up tp hom at practice earlier this week, said something to him, and he dropped his clipboard, threw his head back and started freaking out.

some in the organization say he might be too childish to fix this and that the D has tuned him out.

we'll see.

There are a lot of things I'm seeing with this team that I just haven't seen in years past. Guys way out of position. LB's lacking athleticism. Secondary looking slow and out of place. Some of the communication errors can be fixed but I think this is what happens when you make too many changes during an offseason. The Pats are known for having some of the more complicated schemes in football. High intelligence actually trumps physical ability with the Pats. This year it seems they have a lack of athleticism on top of some players that are just not getting it and not really buying into what Belichick is selling.

I was reading somewhere where they interviewed one of the Pats veterans asking about the issues on defense and maybe they just need to simplify things a bit more. The player said they have tried to simplify everything as much as possible and guys are still not getting it. Not a good sign.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see the Chiefs at #1. As to the Patriots I wonder if this is just early season struggles or a sign of a team that's going into decline before anyone thought they would?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's career record is 14-4 (?) against the NFC South and I think he usually curbstomps the Bucs. I think if the Patriots lose this game then I'm calling them out for being something different than what we are used to seeing. As of now, I still think that they can change course and still win 11 or 12 games.

If they lose to the Bucs then they might be closer to 8-8 or 9-7

I think they'll win by about 7 points or so, though

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of things I'm seeing with this team that I just haven't seen in years past. Guys way out of position. LB's lacking athleticism. Secondary looking slow and out of place. Some of the communication errors can be fixed but I think this is what happens when you make too many changes during an offseason. The Pats are known for having some of the more complicated schemes in football. High intelligence actually trumps physical ability with the Pats. This year it seems they have a lack of athleticism on top of some players that are just not getting it and not really buying into what Belichick is selling.

I was reading somewhere where they interviewed one of the Pats veterans asking about the issues on defense and maybe they just need to simplify things a bit more. The player said they have tried to simplify everything as much as possible and guys are still not getting it. Not a good sign.
A lot of turnover at key positions. Branch is mysteriously not playing. Van noy had the green dot. He got here this time last year.
Marsh, butler etc all new to the system. Now the corners and safeties...another story.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh and that was mccourty.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only weight these meaningless listings have are the weight you guys give them, they are worthless.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's career record is 14-4 (?) against the NFC South and I think he usually curbstomps the Bucs. I think if the Patriots lose this game then I'm calling them out for being something different than what we are used to seeing. As of now, I still think that they can change course and still win 11 or 12 games.

If they lose to the Bucs then they might be closer to 8-8 or 9-7

I think they'll win by about 7 points or so, though
12-4 when you include the 2 Super Bowl wins.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 5 NFL Power Rankings: Your defense looks ...

7. New England Patriots
2017 record: 2-2
Week 4 ranking: No. 3
rd-arrow.png

It's a great advantage having Tom Brady, but it's not so great when your defense turns opponents into Tom Brady. The Patriots' defense has allowed a higher completion percentage, more passing touchdowns and more yards per attempt than Brady has thrown this season.
Even though I am boycotting I understand what you are going through. Bad defense makes every Qb look like a hall of famer