• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC/AFC Best Team Draft : CHAT

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Stepnoski or Kevin Mawae are on the block for a quality 4-3 OLB.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted WLK

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos is OTC and now we wait till he wakes up. Zzzzzzz

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the cops get a terrible rap...are there a few bad guys with badges? Yes, but there are a few bad guys in every profession on the planet. The overwhelming majority of police officers are guys doing a life threatening job for money they could make anywhere else .I don't think cops drive around and go, "oh look, there's a couple of black dudes, let's pull them over and shoot them and plant evidence". There are two sides to every story. Also, I agree the media is a huge problem in this country. The "civil war" headline trying to pit blacks against whites... Black people in this country didn't rise up and defeat slavery....white people who hated slavery fought and defeated it. It's right vs wrong, not black vs white

Together we stand divided we fall, so I agree... I also agree that police get a shit perception and are well under paid... I'm not saying White cop gets in car, finds Black guy and says "hey there's one, I think I'll kill him..." I think just like the perception that's being portrayed about cops driving around looking for Black people to kill, there is a perception that Black people are dangerous... There are stats that show Black people commit crime I get it, but you can't interact with all Black people thinking they are a threat... If you do, you're going to go into every situation ready to fuck somebody up, you're fuse will be shorter, mistake could be made easier...

The question isn't are Black people more violent, it's how can we fix these problems together... How do we show those in poverty that tomorrow is important, that they can make it out and the police are there to help... i know there is a lot of work to be done in the Black community, in the south for sure... But it doesn't help to see a guy walking around Walmart talking on his phone minding his business with an item that he grabbed off their shelf being shot and killed without any type of chance to surrender or that he had to surrender in the first place and nothing happen to the police...

The guy in Baton Rouge... He has a criminal past, I understand... I can't say if he resisted, I can't say if his hand was reaching for a gun, I can't say if he was the worst person in the world... The video(s) are unclear due to angles, there is a lot of movement during the filming by the filmer(s), and most importantly the filming starts in the middle of the action... A few questions I have that would bring a lot of light to the situation IMO...

1) If they were called about a man pulling a gun on someone, did they approach him and ask if he had a gun since it was an open carry state...? When I say ask, they should have their hand on their guns and explain why...

2) Why did we see tasing and a take down...? Did this guy resist...? If so why did he resist...? Resisting never ends well for anybody... We don't know because the video(s) start so late

3) Did he really reach for the gun...? From the angles and the officers positions I can't tell, but it looks pretty suspect from the second video IMO... It appeared that the non shooting officer felt the gun in the suspects pocket and shouted gun, the shooting officer heard that and interpreted he had the gun in hand and fired... I can't say that's what happened but after watching the video over and over that's what I saw... Either way, IMO, that whole situation was mishandled which goes back to training...

Lastly, regardless to what transpired the looking up his police record showing pictures of him in an unsavory light is also unnecessary... None of that had anything to do with that night... The media has its place... They must report on injustice and I agree both sides of the media spectrum does a poor job of keeping it about the facts for the most part...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong with this country!!! Our politicians are getting away with things that would have sent us to prison for decades. We got whiny little fucking pieces of shit holding demonstrations about things they don't even know anything about, we have the president doing every thing he can to divide the races. We have the media doing everything they can to fuel the fire. Twice as many white folks have been killed by police officers in 2016 as black folks yet the media NEVER reports on those. If Hillary wins I hope and pray the good Lord comes and takes us all home because this country will be destroyed.

^^^This.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy Nickerson is available as 3-4 inside LB if anyone needs one

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Together we stand divided we fall, so I agree... I also agree that police get a shit perception and are well under paid... I'm not saying White cop gets in car, finds Black guy and says "hey there's one, I think I'll kill him..." I think just like the perception that's being portrayed about cops driving around looking for Black people to kill, there is a perception that Black people are dangerous... There are stats that show Black people commit crime I get it, but you can't interact with all Black people thinking they are a threat... If you do, you're going to go into every situation ready to fuck somebody up, you're fuse will be shorter, mistake could be made easier...

The question isn't are Black people more violent, it's how can we fix these problems together... How do we show those in poverty that tomorrow is important, that they can make it out and the police are there to help... i know there is a lot of work to be done in the Black community, in the south for sure... But it doesn't help to see a guy walking around Walmart talking on his phone minding his business with an item that he grabbed off their shelf being shot and killed without any type of chance to surrender or that he had to surrender in the first place and nothing happen to the police...

The guy in Baton Rouge... He has a criminal past, I understand... I can't say if he resisted, I can't say if his hand was reaching for a gun, I can't say if he was the worst person in the world... The video(s) are unclear due to angles, there is a lot of movement during the filming by the filmer(s), and most importantly the filming starts in the middle of the action... A few questions I have that would bring a lot of light to the situation IMO...

1) If they were called about a man pulling a gun on someone, did they approach him and ask if he had a gun since it was an open carry state...? When I say ask, they should have their hand on their guns and explain why...

2) Why did we see tasing and a take down...? Did this guy resist...? If so why did he resist...? Resisting never ends well for anybody... We don't know because the video(s) start so late

3) Did he really reach for the gun...? From the angles and the officers positions I can't tell, but it looks pretty suspect from the second video IMO... It appeared that the non shooting officer felt the gun in the suspects pocket and shouted gun, the shooting officer heard that and interpreted he had the gun in hand and fired... I can't say that's what happened but after watching the video over and over that's what I saw... Either way, IMO, that whole situation was mishandled which goes back to training...

Lastly, regardless to what transpired the looking up his police record showing pictures of him in an unsavory light is also unnecessary... None of that had anything to do with that night... The media has its place... They must report on injustice and I agree both sides of the media spectrum does a poor job of keeping it about the facts for the most part...
We have trained/trained with a lot of police/SWAT over the years. One story I will never forget....a buddy with Dallas SWAT told me about taking down this drug dealer and his men who had taken hostages. One of the team kicked a door in a dark room and immediately started taking fire. He dives behind a bed, the shooter is on the other side. The shooter emptied his clip, so did the cop, no one hit shit because no one was aiming ...he said its not like it looks on NCIS lol.
I believe if Obama gave a crap about saving lives, he would call a press conference and say, " Look, if you are pulled over by the police, you can't assume it's for speeding .Someone who just robbed a store could have been in your make and model....so when you are lit up, pull over, put your license and registration on the dash, put both hands on the steering wheel, answer his questions yes sir or no sir, and you will be back on the road in 5 minutes. If the officer ORDERS YOU to keep your hands where he can see them, and you drop your hands, you're probably gonna get shot and it will be on you"

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was just out of college, I was working for Aramark in Longview. One morning, I was driving to work at 530 am, when a cop lights me up(figured speeding). As I pulled over, another police car cuts in from of me. I hear "driver, step out of the car with your hands in the air". As I get out, the car in front of me has the doors open, shotguns pointed at me, screaming "get down on your face". As I hit my knees, two officers hit me from behind, stuffed a knee in my back, slammed my face into the pavement, and cuffed me. A little while later, they indifferent me and apologized. Someone with the same style car I was in had just robbed an ez mart and shot the girl behind the counter. Now, that guy was a 160 lb black guy and I was a 220 lb white guy, but even though I had a black eye and nearly shit my pants, I didn't call CNN or get a lawyer to sue the city.....because.....they were just doing their freaking jobs..

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was just out of college, I was working for Aramark in Longview. One morning, I was driving to work at 530 am, when a cop lights me up(figured speeding). As I pulled over, another police car cuts in from of me. I hear "driver, step out of the car with your hands in the air". As I get out, the car in front of me has the doors open, shotguns pointed at me, screaming "get down on your face". As I hit my knees, two officers hit me from behind, stuffed a knee in my back, slammed my face into the pavement, and cuffed me. A little while later, they indifferent me and apologized. Someone with the same style car I was in had just robbed an ez mart and shot the girl behind the counter. Now, that guy was a 160 lb black guy and I was a 220 lb white guy, but even though I had a black eye and nearly shit my pants, I didn't call CNN or get a lawyer to sue the city.....because.....they were just doing their freaking jobs..

One time I was pulled over at 2am. They asked if I was lost and asked if I was on any drugs because my eyes were red. I said I drove 18+ hours from Ft. Riley, KS to Virginia and got lost 30 minutes from my house and extremely tired. The 2 officers ordered me out of the car. As he searched my car without asking he saw something under my seat. He asked is that a rock of cocaine. I replied "no officer that is just a rock". He was pissed that he made such a stupid mistake that he gave me tickets for back left tire tread was low, illegal tint, illegal muffler and a few other charges. The moral of the story I followed the officers requests as polite as I could and I was on my way in 20 minutes.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When can I skip Nos?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are equating apples to oranges... I expect a criminal to commit crime... I don't expect a police officer to shoot a guy in the back and then plant evidence to say he "felt threatened"... And what you're talking to is a systematic problem that doesn't get addressed but instead is pushed away by the right to say the past is the past, let it go... That's easy to say when your community is not effected the same way do to those past actions... Do realize Blacks have been slaves longer than they've been free in this country...? It's like starting a football game before your opponent arrived, then you bring them in during the second quarter and only allow them to score for you, then third quarter they're only allowed to play defense and in the fourth they are allowed to play like everyone else and you ask how come they can't catch up...

My mom was White... She was a single mom, we were on welfare, 5 of the 7 children in my family dropped out of high school, my younger brother has been in prison for 15 years for bank robbery, my younger sister has 5 kids from 4 dads... You hear that story and you'd think I was a Black male... That's the way America views Blacks for the most part... My wife's mother passed when she was 1, her dad remarried and stayed married for almost 30 years before he died... A business owner like his father, Alderman for 17 years like his father, her brother and sister both have masters her younger brother a deputy... If you didn't know you would have guessed her to be White... These stereotypes are what play into the heads of society...

All Black people aren't criminals nor violent, but you're quick to point out Black on Black crime... Crime is a product of poverty and poor education for the most part... What neighborhood do you think that is...? When you police with a broken window type policy the people you continue to come in contact are poor, we've established which neighborhoods those are... So which came first the chicken or the egg...?

Last thing, the guy who was killed in Minnesota... The police said he was pulled over due to a broken tail light... It wasn't, in fact he was caught talking to dispatch saying he was pulling the car over because the 2 people in the car look like robbery suspects... He said he fit the description because he had a "wide set nose"... Seriously, he was pulled over for that and then shot and killed... How can you not he outraged by that...?

You kinda lost me when you brought up slavery. You have never known anyone who was a slave and I have never met anyone who owned a slave, it's a crutch that is used to allow black folks to continue playing the victim. You do know that when the boats went to Africa the people didn't chase black folks around with nets the slaves were purchased from black slave owners, the first slave owner in America was black, thousands of whites died figthing to end slavery but those things are conviently never talked about, I wonder why...

When I was three weeks old my parents dropped me off at my grandparents house and went to a picnic in Minneapolis, on the way a young boy drove his bike out in front of my parents car my dad slammed on the brakes but clipped the kid, he jumped out of the car to check on the kid, he was fine but the kid said to my dad you better get back in your car mister, before my dad knew what he was talking about a group of black men and women had exited the bar right on the corner where this had happened, they proceeded to beat my dad almost to death, my mother was unable to lock the doors before a woman got into the car and proceeded to punch my mother countless times. Thankfully police arrived and stopped this from going any further. My point... Should I blame all black folks for this horrible thing that happened to my parents? Of course not, it happened 47 years ago and it was done by 7 or 8 people not the entire race.

Where did I say all black folks were criminals, thats rediculous! I'm quick to point out black on black crime because it's one of the biggest problems facing black americans.

Poverty isn't the only problem in the black community a very large % of it is black children growing up without a father. I read a while back that back in 1970 30% of black children grew up without a father as of 2010 that number is about 70%. When you allow your child to be raised by the streets bad things are going to happen.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This police officer pulled this guy over saying he fit the description of a robbery suspect from 4 days prior because he had a wide set nose and ended up shooting and killing the guy... That's a far different experience...

I've personally been pulled over a few times, and cooperated everytime... I've been ticketed, cuffed and put in the back seat a few times... I actually got pulled over driving from Cali to Miss in Texas with an expired license and wasn't given a ticket... I asked if I could talk to him outside and explained my wife's father died we were headed there as fast as we could and my wife wasn't up to driving at this time about (12am)... He saw the wife kids and our dog, made sure I didn't have any warrants and said be careful... I've done some DUMB shit and should have been in prison a few times (all weed related so was it really that bad...:-)... But I can say I've only been arrested once and that was at a road block in Atlanta and I didn't have my license because I was in college and I just went to get food and didn't have my wallet so I went to court and the case was dismissed, although someone ate my food that was on the passenger side seat... I've never been roughed up and I'm not dead (knock on wood)...

But our experiences are our experiences, and we are both here alive and well to tell our stories... Supposedly this Minn guy fully cooperated and still ended up dead... The other guy in SC I think it was when the cop said let me see your license then shot him for getting his license... The lady in Texas, she moved out of the way for a police officer but didn't use a blinker so he pulled her over... The stop was over the ticket was issued and he asked her why she was upset... She replied because he just gave her a ticket... She asks if she can leave and he tells her to put out her cigarette... She asked why does she have to put out a cigarette in her car... He tells her to get out she asks why, he says because he said so then he ends up yanking her out the car and roughing her up and arresting her... She ends up killing herself in jail... Wtf was that about...? Should she have been happy to get a ticket...?

At the same time I know people resist... Police have to do their job or we would have chaos... It's a tough job, and it's not a job for everyone... I don't think my brother in law should be a cop and he's Black... Not because he'd be an asshole to Whites or Blacks, but he's an asshole because he has some power... I find most times people talk about citizens needing to take responsibility they also feel we should cut the police slack and not expect them to be held accountable... I think it's a 2 way street... Both police and civilians need to be held accountable, and IMO body cams and independent review boards would go a long way to getting where we need to be... And citizens need to address unhealthy behavior...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full Draft Thread is updated

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45