• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC/AFC Best Team Draft : CHAT

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... Ritz wants Dave Casper?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that while we are listing our top 22, we should be able to alter the 22 each round. For instance, if you are playing a two TE team in the 1st round and show your base defense, then in the 2nd round, you are facing a 4 WR squad, you should be able to list your sub package as your 11, etc.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted WLK

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that while we are listing our top 22, we should be able to alter the 22 each round. For instance, if you are playing a two TE team in the 1st round and show your base defense, then in the 2nd round, you are facing a 4 WR squad, you should be able to list your sub package as your 11, etc.

Or it's your best 22 and we vote who has the best 22 not who would win head to head because I might have best 22 but the scheme I play doesn't fair well against say WLK's defense so WLK wins despite him having the weaker 22 overall players. (Just a example WLK has a great team)

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted 500

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoying a great visit with my brother

Thursday - Homemade crockpot chicken and black bean/ Corn Salsa (so easy to make)
Friday - Aquarium (pet a shark, & sting ray) and saw some amazing animals. Lunch on a peer. Then Cards Against Humanity.
Saturday - Siesta Key beach #1 in USA, then beer tasting of local brews
Sunday - Not a damn thing except dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant
Monday - Brother heads home and wife works.

Then on Thursday head to Virginia for 5 days to visit my parents and celebrate my sons 3rd birthday and give my wife a surprise 30th birthday with some of her old friends.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it's your best 22 and we vote who has the best 22 not who would win head to head because I might have best 22 but the scheme I play doesn't fair well against say WLK's defense so WLK wins despite him having the weaker 22 overall players. (Just a example WLK has a great team)

The point of these aren't to see who can grab the best 22 players though IMO... It's about building teams with pieces that fit and work best together... Playing players to their strengths and making other teams try to adjust which means they can't be at their best... playing people out of position doesn't mean you will get that players best... For instance, a few drafts back we had this discussion when Nos tried to put Swilling at 4-3 DE... Swilling was better at 3-4 OLB mostly because his alignment... He was able to use his speed more effectively... We also discussed Oline playing out of position, and from experience I can tell you playing T and switching to G is not easy, switching sides can take some adjustments but it's not a big deal... Point is, if you play a life long LG at RG I won't have a problem with it (some others will), but if you play a LT at C that's gonna cost you... As for my team being weaker than yours, I completely disagree... There are better options than Andre Rison... :harbaugh:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Nosferatu this is the 2nd time in like 5 picks you messed up the picks... I don't want do it all, 4.3 running, Marshall Faulk type running back Edgerrin James, I want his lesser known cousin who was on the Jets practice team Edgerin James... And UK wants HOF wrist taper Beb Coats... Get it together man... :L

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLZZZZZZZZ

Twins > Rangers

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Milk

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've lost over $8,000 Hoop Cash in the last 2 days, lolzzz

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point of these aren't to see who can grab the best 22 players though IMO... It's about building teams with pieces that fit and work best together... Playing players to their strengths and making other teams try to adjust which means they can't be at their best... playing people out of position doesn't mean you will get that players best... For instance, a few drafts back we had this discussion when Nos tried to put Swilling at 4-3 DE... Swilling was better at 3-4 OLB mostly because his alignment... He was able to use his speed more effectively... We also discussed Oline playing out of position, and from experience I can tell you playing T and switching to G is not easy, switching sides can take some adjustments but it's not a big deal... Point is, if you play a life long LG at RG I won't have a problem with it (some others will), but if you play a LT at C that's gonna cost you... As for my team being weaker than yours, I completely disagree... There are better options than Andre Rison... :harbaugh:
100%

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it's way too late in the draft to change things. I know I would have drafted differently if this were the case.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong with this country!!! Our politicians are getting away with things that would have sent us to prison for decades. We got whiny little fucking pieces of shit holding demonstrations about things they don't even know anything about, we have the president doing every thing he can to divide the races. We have the media doing everything they can to fuel the fire. Twice as many white folks have been killed by police officers in 2016 as black folks yet the media NEVER reports on those. If Hillary wins I hope and pray the good Lord comes and takes us all home because this country will be destroyed.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree fully about the OL. And I agree about some people on defense. But, for instance, I plan on playing Derrick Thomas at OLB in a 43, when he mostly played in a 34, because he is a special talent that can be effective there, kinda like Von Miller, who has excelled in both positions. I also plan on playing LeRoy Selmon at end and he mostly played in a 34. I also think his skill set would allow for a good transition there. But if I were to try to put Strahan in a 34, it wouldn't be as smooth of a transition, imo.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry fellas I just can't believe the things i'm seeing happen in this country!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Mebert

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text EHB

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree fully about the OL. And I agree about some people on defense. But, for instance, I plan on playing Derrick Thomas at OLB in a 43, when he mostly played in a 34, because he is a special talent that can be effective there, kinda like Von Miller, who has excelled in both positions. I also plan on playing LeRoy Selmon at end and he mostly played in a 34. I also think his skill set would allow for a good transition there. But if I were to try to put Strahan in a 34, it wouldn't be as smooth of a transition, imo.

DT is a special talent, however you're asking me to project him as a 4-3 OLB which I think he could do, but that changes his responsibilities... It's not the same as Strahan at a 3-4 I agree, but his greatest attribute was his ability to rush the passer... You are playing him in a spot where he'd probably have to play pass coverage now and couldn't attack the QB as often Which means he's not the same DT right...? Leroy Selmon like Howie Long who I have are different types of situations because they're responsibilities are pretty similar to what they are at either situation and their strength and ability allows them to play either position... I guess my point is more so, when you change the responsibilities of a player that isn't considered their "strength" as much as I give them credit, if you're facing a team that I feel are a "coin toss" type of match him being there might be the reason I go for the other team...