• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next year - Offseason Discussion

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
God I hope not! However, I didnt see the wallin for 2.5 signing coming last summer, so hopefully doug learned the lesson. I'd rather have braun in the top 6 and put petrecki, moore, Irwin, or someone like that as the #7.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, like I keep saying, count on Wallin being re-signed... 99.9999999% chance of that happening.

Maybe Huskins too but I could see that one going either way.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can pretty much count on one of the 2 being resigned

This joke is not funny anymore. Wallin and Huskins are not coming back to the Sharks next season. No way.

If you think otherwise, let me know and i'll go :lalala:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Drury getting bought out he would be a nice cheap pick up to shore up the bottom 2 lines

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well it was reported that Wolski would be bought out as well but now the Rangers aren't sure and some reports are saying he won't be. If he is....I'd be a big fan of the Sharks snatching him up.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nicklas Wallin has reportedly signed with Lulea HF of the Swedish Elite League.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicklas Wallin has reportedly signed with Lulea HF of the Swedish Elite League.

I say we crash Naes' house and party tonight!

:vee::pizza:
article-1264166-0908E28A000005DC-531_468x386.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallin had a great career, and was pretty solid down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Haters gonna hate. Congradulations on a great NHL career and a Stanley Cup to boot, Nicklas.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Walin played quite well these playoffs but I'm glad he is gone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. Wallin was a pleasant surprise during the playoffs. However I too am glad he won't be a shark next season. I wish it were Huskins leaving for sweden.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to pry Yandle away from Phoenix if they feel they can't sign him. Obviously Weber would be my first choice (as you all know well), but I don't see any way Nashville can get rid of him now.

To PHX:
- The rights to RFA Devin Setoguchi (or sign and trade)
- Justin Braun
- Sharks 1st Round pick in 2011

To SJ:
- Keith Yandle

If they can re-sign White, defense would look like this:

Boyle-Murray
Yandle-White
Demers-Vlasic

Would leave the top 9 a little thin for forwards, but Setoguchi disappears every playoffs.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It would be nice to pry Yandle away from Phoenix if they feel they can't sign him. Obviously Weber would be my first choice (as you all know well), but I don't see any way Nashville can get rid of him now.

To PHX:
- Justin Braun

To SJ:
- Keith Yandle

Boyle-Murray
Yandle-White
Demers-Vlasic

Would leave the top 9 a little thin for forwards, but Setoguchi disappears every playoffs.

If the sharks can grab Yandle, that would be huge. He is among the top 10 dmen in the league and put up amazing numbers for a team without legit forwards. The problem is that Yandle could easily command 5-6M and if white gets around 4, then the sharks cant afford both. Of course, they could try to bury niity and mitchell to accomplish that. I dont really mind having a thinner 3rd line in exchange for stellar defense. I still believe that defense win championships, and if the sharks had better D, one could assume they would be able to hold a 3rd period lead or two, and then maybe it would have been very different.

The defense you listed is SC caliber. There isnt a weak link in there, and there is ample offensive punch and speed/mobility as well. That deal would also give the sharks a chance to see what rookies they have. Its usually easier to land a top 9 forward to two at the deadline as well than a top pairing defenseman.

Yandle would sure be interesting though and I kinda feel like the price you listed may be in the ballpark (a young top 6 forward, potential top 4 dman, and 1st rounder). If dougie pulls that deal off and signs yandle for 4 years, 22M, you gotta be pleased.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

To PHX:
- Justin Braun

To SJ:
- Keith Yandle

Boyle-Murray
Yandle-White
Demers-Vlasic

If the Sharks were to make a move for Yandle I'd prefer they let White walk and go for a mobile two-way guy who's more defense oriented like Jan Hejda.

I also think you're coming up short on what the return for Yandle would be. Setoguchi, Vlasic, and a 1st would probably be closer.