• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next year - Offseason Discussion

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you all think is better defensively? Doug Murray or Colin White? I ask because if White is better, then perhaps a Boyle/White pairing makes sense. Then the third pairing would be Murray/Demers which is a fantastic third pairing.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
White hands down, murray would be better suited as a 3rd pair dman but he will still run into problems against speed and agile skaters. Time to move sluglass out of town

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White hands down, murray would be better suited as a 3rd pair dman but he will still run into problems against speed and agile skaters. Time to move sluglass out of town

I think that would be a mistake to move Murray. He is a solid force on the ice and has been playing top minutes for the past 2 yrs, so he could excel greatly against lower end talent.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that would be a mistake to move Murray. He is a solid force on the ice and has been playing top minutes for the past 2 yrs, so he could excel greatly against lower end talent.

Problem is most teams in the league lower 2 lines are their faster lines for forechecking. He will look even worse

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Id be OK with murray going if it brought in a very nice return. I like crankshaft, and I think he adds an awesome physicality to the team, which is why I wouldnt necesarily want to dump him.

However, his 2.5M salary is not exactly cheap per se, and he looked realllllly slow and bad in the PO's. He'll also be 32 by the PO's and 33 by the PO's in his final contract year, so he's not getting any younger. Guys who cant skate like him and play an extremely physical game can really decline quickly with age as that game takes a major toll on the body.

Would I deal him for comeau? maybe so, though it would be nice to package him, niity, and maybe a 1st rounder for a bona fide top 6, even one with a big salary hit (as they would be 4M cheaper without murray and niity even after griess as replacement.)

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like our 49er brethren has taken us over as #1 bay area team on SportsHoopla o_O

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that's cuz complains and anger tends to spur on more posts... we sharks fans get mad sometimes, but its nothing like the idiocy of the niners in the last decade or so.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give props to White, signing a one year deal to go cross country, leaving his wife and kids back east. I assume he could have easily signed a similar deal with an east coast team.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is most teams in the league lower 2 lines are their faster lines for forechecking. He will look even worse

Good point. Any which way, shifty forwards are his kryptonite. Hopefully with his reduced icetime this season, he will show better in the PO's.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give props to White, signing a one year deal to go cross country, leaving his wife and kids back east. I assume he could have easily signed a similar deal with an east coast team.

I doubt it was a tough choice. His only other option would have probably been the Islanders. If he wants a chance to win San Jose was the obvious choice. Besides with the buyout from NJ & the contract from the Sharks White gets paid twice this year.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I donno know bout you, but if someone told me "Heres $1 million, but the catch is you gotta fly across country & play hockey for a year" Id say sorry honey, gotta go, if you get horny feel free to bang the neighbor or mailman or both.

Its not really a "props" decision to me.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I like the D-White signing. Next up, what can we do to beef the 3rd or 4th lines? I'm also ok with waiting til mid-season, then adjust where needed. I'm like Kork, though. I think the 4th line is a bit light, in toughness & in skill.:wave:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From article: In three seasons with the Wild, Sheppard scored 11 goals and 38 assists for 49 points in 224 games.

Awesome, just the type of offensive numbers we need to boost the 3rd line scoring. This guy is really worth a 3rd rd pick after missing the whole season with a knee injury and not having an impact on a weak rostered Wild team?

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is in NHL 11 for Xbox 360, this guy is REALLY REALLY GOOD by 2013

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From article: In three seasons with the Wild, Sheppard scored 11 goals and 38 assists for 49 points in 224 games.

Awesome, just the type of offensive numbers we need to boost the 3rd line scoring. This guy is really worth a 3rd rd pick after missing the whole season with a knee injury and not having an impact on a weak rostered Wild team?

This may just be a project trade for Wilson and not an addition to the current roster. Sheppard might have been a player Doug wanted to draft and when he got a chance to aquire him he did. A 3rd, even a 2013 3rd, is a steep price for a player with Sheppard's playing history and current injury status though.

He's on a two-way deal and I expect most of his time this season to be spent in the AHL. My guess is Mike Ricci and Sheppard will be spending a lot of time together this season.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This may just be a project trade for Wilson and not an addition to the current roster. Sheppard might have been a player Doug wanted to draft and when he got a chance to aquire him he did. A 3rd, even a 2013 3rd, is a steep price for a player with Sheppard's playing history and current injury status though.

He's on a two-way deal and I expect most of his time this season to be spent in the AHL. My guess is Mike Ricci and Sheppard will be spending a lot of time together this season.

Can we somehow clone 6 Mike Riccis and have them play on our 3rd & 4th lines... I miss my man crush haha