• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots Rumors and Rumors of Rumors 2023

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sports media keeps mentioning Chad O'Shea. If he wsa so good why didn't Bill name him OC last year instead of going with a bend but don't break defensive guy who kinda sucked at it and then failed miserably as a HC?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sports media keeps mentioning Chad O'Shea. If he wsa so good why didn't Bill name him OC last year instead of going with a bend but don't break defensive guy who kinda sucked at it and then failed miserably as a HC?
Because he's not on the Patriots staff. Flores took him to Miami as his OC.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's not on the Patriots staff. Flores took him to Miami as his OC.

Ahhhhhh! Ok. I was thinking of our TE’s guy. Mistook them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the shit that's been going on within the Patriots' coaching stuff, we tend to forget that there are thirty one other teams looking to improve as well as our Patriots.

A very quiet rumor has started to make a bit more noise.

Josh McDaniel has been calling BB about "helping" him out. Supposedly, the original request was that the Raiders would get Kendrick Bourne and the Patriots would get Hunter Renfroe and a 2023 pick. Renfroe has a contract with a $17.6M cap hit this year and about $6M next year while Bourne's cap hit will be $7M. Renfroe has been hurt and only played in 10 games and wasn't very productive. The rumor was that BB would get a fifth round pick. Bill finally said thanks but no thanks. Josh wasn't done.

Supposedly, the deal was sweetened. BB would gibe up Bourne and Jonnu Smith and get Renfroe and Darren Waller, plus pick. Money wise, Bill would get Renfroe for $17.6 + $6M and Waller for $12M/$12M/$13M/$14M.

Without question, Waller is worth considering. ^6'6' 256 and fast TE. But like Renfroe, he was also hurt in 2022. The demise of the Raiders has been placed on their unavailability. Of that leads to the question of whether or not they can stay healthy.

Again, the pick is going to be probably a fifth or sixth rounder and the discussion now is whether BB can squeeze both a 5th and 6th. My question is..............................Is Josh trying to unload payroll and hurth players and trying to find a WR who can take some attention off Devante Adams and also get a potentially productive TE who can block as well as catch?

IMO, don't do it. Save that $30M cap space for a top notch OL.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the shit that's been going on within the Patriots' coaching stuff, we tend to forget that there are thirty one other teams looking to improve as well as our Patriots.

A very quiet rumor has started to make a bit more noise.

Josh McDaniel has been calling BB about "helping" him out. Supposedly, the original request was that the Raiders would get Kendrick Bourne and the Patriots would get Hunter Renfroe and a 2023 pick. Renfroe has a contract with a $17.6M cap hit this year and about $6M next year while Bourne's cap hit will be $7M. Renfroe has been hurt and only played in 10 games and wasn't very productive. The rumor was that BB would get a fifth round pick. Bill finally said thanks but no thanks. Josh wasn't done.

Supposedly, the deal was sweetened. BB would gibe up Bourne and Jonnu Smith and get Renfroe and Darren Waller, plus pick. Money wise, Bill would get Renfroe for $17.6 + $6M and Waller for $12M/$12M/$13M/$14M.

Without question, Waller is worth considering. ^6'6' 256 and fast TE. But like Renfroe, he was also hurt in 2022. The demise of the Raiders has been placed on their unavailability. Of that leads to the question of whether or not they can stay healthy.

Again, the pick is going to be probably a fifth or sixth rounder and the discussion now is whether BB can squeeze both a 5th and 6th. My question is..............................Is Josh trying to unload payroll and hurth players and trying to find a WR who can take some attention off Devante Adams and also get a potentially productive TE who can block as well as catch?

IMO, don't do it. Save that $30M cap space for a top notch OL.
Yeah while WR is a position of need with O'Brien at them better use of our very good tightends would likely happen. I am not certain Renfro is better than Bourne, I feel Bourne was underutilized last year. It's also a good year for WRs in the draft so picking up aging and injured players makes no sense to me.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah while WR is a position of need with O'Brien at them better use of our very good tightends would likely happen. I am not certain Renfro is better than Bourne, I feel Bourne was underutilized last year. It's also a good year for WRs in the draft so picking up aging and injured players makes no sense to me.
They're different. Renfroe is a possession guy and the Pats have been missing that since Edelman left. He's hurt so that important ability of availability is a concern.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are people's thoughts on Hopkins? Want the oft injured receiver? If we get all or near that many comp picks, isn't the most a team can get is 4 in one year?

I'd give up our original 3rd and a comp 3rd if need be?

One big condition is Agoholor has to go. Or no deal.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're different. Renfroe is a possession guy and the Pats have been missing that since Edelman left. He's hurt so that important ability of availability is a concern.
Does not matter they are different to me. In fact I feel like the role Jules played is not a concern seem Jakobi does well with that. We literally have no #1 no threat on the edge at least Bourne offers something to that affect.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not matter they are different to me. In fact I feel like the role Jules played is not a concern seem Jakobi does well with that. We literally have no #1 no threat on the edge at least Bourne offers something to that affect.
And if BOB utilizes Henry, Smith and Bourne correctly, it opens up Meyers even more.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl week is generally all pomp and circumstance for the two teams competing.

For others, it's a chance to lay the ground rules for trades and other business.

Some h8ings mean nothing and other things are for real. It's being reported that BB and Groh had lunch with Mike Brown and Zac Taylor. It was also reported nthat BB and Mike Brown were seen having a cocktail together. Could be nothing or could be something. Bengals' backs are against the cap wall and they may have to move some players to get some breathing space.

Of Course, nothing can take place until the season starts in March. Rumor seeping out of Phoenix is that the Bengals and Patriots are talking about Tee Higgins. No way they would trade Chase or Boyd, so Higgins is the most likely. For Higgins, it would make him the #1 WR and not be under the shadow of Chase. Of course the rumor mill always churns and when no one has a real grasp of what is happening, they guess, The guess is that the Patriots would switch 1st round picks with the Bengals and give them a 5th and the Patriots would get the Bengal late first round and a 7th.

The Patriots would drop from #14 to #29.

Is Higgins worth it?? Thoughts??

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl week is generally all pomp and circumstance for the two teams competing.

For others, it's a chance to lay the ground rules for trades and other business.

Some h8ings mean nothing and other things are for real. It's being reported that BB and Groh had lunch with Mike Brown and Zac Taylor. It was also reported nthat BB and Mike Brown were seen having a cocktail together. Could be nothing or could be something. Bengals' backs are against the cap wall and they may have to move some players to get some breathing space.

Of Course, nothing can take place until the season starts in March. Rumor seeping out of Phoenix is that the Bengals and Patriots are talking about Tee Higgins. No way they would trade Chase or Boyd, so Higgins is the most likely. For Higgins, it would make him the #1 WR and not be under the shadow of Chase. Of course the rumor mill always churns and when no one has a real grasp of what is happening, they guess, The guess is that the Patriots would switch 1st round picks with the Bengals and give them a 5th and the Patriots would get the Bengal late first round and a 7th.

I only do this if we sure up the Oline pre-draft. #14 you basically get a top 10 prospect as long as you're not looking at a QB.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tee Higgins is good. But is he THAT good?
I see him as a better Harry. A younger Parker.

I am NOT an NFL talent evaluator...but I see him as a REALLY good #2 WR.
I would like him on our team and think he could succeed here. But trade Agholor or Parker and some later draft stock, and use #14 on a young OT.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But trade Agholor or Parker and some later draft stock, and use #14 on a young OT.
Agholor is a FA.

My guess is that Bill ain't trading any WR. It's already a very thin position.

My take on the trade would be to offer #76 (3rd) straight up or walk away. I agree with Reb that this team has a greater need at OT and #29 won't get a good one.

Remember this. Trent Brown is still under contract and will be here if he's not cut to make $11.5M cap space to add to the existing $40M.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholor is a FA.
My bad, I forgot.
My take on the trade would be to offer #76 (3rd) straight up or walk away. I agree with Reb that this team has a greater need at OT and #29 won't get a good one.
I would do #76, that's money.
Remember this. Trent Brown is still under contract and will be here if he's not cut to make $11.5M cap space to add to the existing $40M.
Trent Brown can play LT or RT.
I have a "Woody Johnson" for The 6'7" 360 # Jones out of Ohio to book end him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read and saw Jones is kicking ass at the Senior Bowl. Stock moving up.
I'd really like Paris Johnson, if we could move up "cheaply" he's my LT.
There are some other OT's moving up too and you'll hear about one when my pick comes up next week.
Most mocks have only 3 teams taking OT's in 1st round but that could change when at least 2 more OT's move up, or we jump in 2nd round.

Note: I'm impressed with all of you nailing the Tee Higgins assessment!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like Paris Johnson, if we could move up "cheaply" he's my LT.
There are some other OT's moving up too and you'll hear about one when my pick comes up next week.
Most mocks have only 3 teams taking OT's in 1st round but that could change when at least 2 more OT's move up, or we jump in 2nd round.

Note: I'm impressed with all of you nailing the Tee Higgins assessment!
Cedric The Entertainer Thank You GIF by CBS