• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots Rumors and Rumors of Rumors 2023

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Boutte hits the practice squad and gets nabbed by someone? I think Bourne might be the odd man out
Generally speaking Bill keeps 5 WR's not including Slater. Odd years being;
2002, 2004, 2005, 2019 and 2022 he kept 6 WR's all not named Slater.
2008 he kept 7.
2011, 2017 and 2018 he kept 4.
The other 14 years were all 5. Again not including Slater.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only would it give the Pats a true #1 with experience, but depth would be fantastic as well.

Ju Ju , Parker and Bourne and I'm hoping Thornton are all #2's. That's a pretty damn good WR group without counting the two new guys who are talented.
Plus the two TEs.Gesinki appears to be really pumped to play in NE with Mac.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally speaking Bill keeps 5 WR's not including Slater. Odd years being;
2002, 2004, 2005, 2019 and 2022 he kept 6 WR's all not named Slater.
2008 he kept 7.
2011, 2017 and 2018 he kept 4.
The other 14 years were all 5. Again not including Slater.
Especially if the 6th/7th can play STs

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boutte was injured all last year and is injured this year.
If we stash him, I dobt any team signs him?????
Not sure I agree. They year before was stellar if the injury is what slowed him down and he has moved past it he might be a commodity

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree. They year before was stellar if the injury is what slowed him down and he has moved past it he might be a commodity
We'll know soon if he get's past it.
To date he has not.
I'm excited about his possibilities - just call it a low risk endeavor.....

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports "there's optimism" that the Patriots and DeAndre Hopkins can reach an agreement on a contract.​

ESPN's Dianna Russini reported earlier today that there was no bad blood between Hopkins and Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien. O'Brien was at the helm in Houston when the team traded Hopkins to Arizona, but time and a good contract can heal any wound. The tides are clearly shifting toward Hopkins landing in New England, though there is still time for teams like the Browns and Titans to up their offers. Hopkins would immediately become the focal point of the Patriots' passing attack if he signs with them. Though the offense isn't flashy, another season with a target share north of 30 percent would help keep Hopkins in the WR1 conversation.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports "there's optimism" that the Patriots and DeAndre Hopkins can reach an agreement on a contract.​

ESPN's Dianna Russini reported earlier today that there was no bad blood between Hopkins and Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien. O'Brien was at the helm in Houston when the team traded Hopkins to Arizona, but time and a good contract can heal any wound. The tides are clearly shifting toward Hopkins landing in New England, though there is still time for teams like the Browns and Titans to up their offers. Hopkins would immediately become the focal point of the Patriots' passing attack if he signs with them. Though the offense isn't flashy, another season with a target share north of 30 percent would help keep Hopkins in the WR1 conversation.
Listening to the NFL network on the way home and they said 10 mil and another 2-3 mil in incentives, but probably a done deal.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert Breer states, "Someone involved in the Patriots meeting with Deandre Hopkins told me that much of the visit was one on one with Bill Belichick."

1. Patriots supposedly offered a guaranteed $10M plus easily reached incentive that could pay him $20M.
Why? Because they paid Nelson Agholor $44M fortwo years of nothing. BB believe Hopkins will have better production in two games.

Problem..DHop does not want to put a ton of work in preseason camp. Too many players have knee, Hammie and calf problems because of the extensive work in camp.

It is believed that DHop will sign with the Patriots unless someone backs up a Brinks truck to his house.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert Breer states, "Someone involved in the Patriots meeting with Deandre Hopkins told me that much of the visit was one on one with Bill Belichick."

1. Patriots supposedly offered a guaranteed $10M plus easily reached incentive that could pay him $20M.
Why? Because they paid Nelson Agholor $44M fortwo years of nothing. BB believe Hopkins will have better production in two games.

Problem..DHop does not want to put a ton of work in preseason camp. Too many players have knee, Hammie and calf problems because of the extensive work in camp.

It is believed that DHop will sign with the Patriots unless someone backs up a Brinks truck to his house.
The hammie and calf issues are from not enough work and then trying to jump in
Professional athletes should show up in godd shape. Training is hard, I get it - but that's what it takes to succeed as a pro!

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Mike Reiss reports free agent DeAndre Hopkins remains in "no rush to sign" following his Patriots visit.​

Hopkins left Thursday's Patriots visit without a contract, i.e. they did not offer him what he is looking for in the monetary department. Hopkins does have the benefit of time at this stage of the offseason, but it's because most teams are hard up against the cap. It's difficult to make the money tree shake in June. It seems clear that Hopkins will sign before training camp, but perhaps only just.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe, Bill is using DHop as a carrot on a stick. "Hey boys, Deandre is out there and he came to visit me. Show me that you're ready to do what it takes to play as good as he plays and I'll gladly let him go someplace else."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe, Bill is using DHop as a carrot on a stick. "Hey boys, Deandre is out there and he came to visit me. Show me that you're ready to do what it takes to play as good as he plays and I'll gladly let him go someplace else."
Carrots don't work at that level and BB has a different philosophy - "Do what we ask and you'll be fine, or don't and take a seat with Bourne".

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hammie and calf issues are from not enough work and then trying to jump in
Professional athletes should show up in godd shape. Training is hard, I get it - but that's what it takes to succeed as a pro!
There are also those million$ of incentive$ they get for working out. Some of us pay to workout.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are also those million$ of incentive$ they get for working out. Some of us pay to workout.
Good point. Especially true for OL and DL contracts.

Then again, more and more Divas in the NFL today.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deandre Hopkins got all of the attention visiting the Patriots for two days..

It appears that another well known NFL veteran snuck in and snuck out.

No one actually saw him but one reporter talking to another reporter was laughed at and was told when you watch things so intently, you you completely miss everything else that's going on.

Are the Patriots considering Ezekiel Elliott??

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deandre Hopkins got all of the attention visiting the Patriots for two days..

It appears that another well known NFL veteran snuck in and snuck out.

No one actually saw him but one reporter talking to another reporter was laughed at and was told when you watch things so intently, you you completely miss everything else that's going on.

Are the Patriots considering Ezekiel Elliott??
Sure why not, money grows on trees