• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 u been to a Waffle House? Know your daughter is in FL. Great food. We went for 2nd time. And price is way low for what you get.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waffle houses here are like 7-11's in CA.

ALL OVER THE PLACE.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags @bksballer89

Just heard that it looks like your Domers are the frontrunners for Luke Fickell. Apparently, he was "staying close" to the USC job search, but wanted to wait and see what happened at ND.
Would prefer Freeman over Fickle. Best case scenario he’s the tits and when OSU comes calling he bolts. I also think Freeman would be the better recruiter.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it’s far from a theory. I expect we hear he has been terminated today.

lol

That doesn't make it more than a theory. It could be simple paranoia.

Obviously, if he's still on Oklahoma's staff, he wasn't one of the coaches who left with Riley.

Maybe he was legitimately recruiting for Oklahoma and the kid asked him about USC?

The article asked why he was trying to recruit a kid that USC has targeted? Is that even a real question?

Maybe he's pursuing him for the same reason Alabama and USC are?...the kid is a 5 star DB who would likely help anyone's defense.

Maybe he's trying to save as much of the recruiting class as possible to show whoever the new coach will be that he is a good recruiter and should be retained. I'm sure Donte Williams at USC is recruiting his ass off right now and has been since Helton was fired for the same reason.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 u been to a Waffle House? Know your daughter is in FL. Great food. We went for 2nd time. And price is way low for what you get.

I loooooved Waffle House. Every time I go back to Florida...Waffle House and Cracker Barrel are the 2 restaurants I eat at every time I go. When I flew out for my daughters wedding a couple of years ago, there was a Waffle House and a Cracker Barrel within walking distance of the hotel...I alternated between the 2 every day. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone explain this bizarre logic?

Over on that other site meeeechegan super-homer maizeNblue09 said UofM would have beaten Ohio State last year because of what happened this past weekend.
One win in 10 years and they are the king of the world. Pathetic.

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

That doesn't make it more than a theory. It could be simple paranoia.

Obviously, if he's still on Oklahoma's staff, he wasn't one of the coaches who left with Riley.

Maybe he was legitimately recruiting for Oklahoma and the kid asked him about USC?

The article asked why he was trying to recruit a kid that USC has targeted? Is that even a real question?

Maybe he's pursuing him for the same reason Alabama and USC are?...the kid is a 5 star DB who would likely help anyone's defense.

Maybe he's trying to save as much of the recruiting class as possible to show whoever the new coach will be that he is a good recruiter and should be retained. I'm sure Donte Williams at USC is recruiting his ass off right now and has been since Helton was fired for the same reason.

You aren’t reading it all apparently, and looking for excuses. We will see what happens, but you got a recruit saying he has been getting text messages from an ou coach as if he represents USC. That’s a problem.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One win in 10 years and they are the kind of the world. Pathetic.

That fella's gonna be on could nine until 11/26/22. Said all season long the D was gonna be an issue. And this young Buckeye bunch gotta taste of defeat in the biggest game.

UofM was the better, more experienced and hungrier team. First time in a long time that has been said. The Buckeyes will get some payback next season. Still a 100% bitch-move by JH for refusing to play Ohio State last season though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fella's gonna be on could nine until 11/26/22. Said all season long the D was gonna be an issue. And this young Buckeye bunch gotta taste of defeat in the biggest game.

UofM was the better, more experienced and hungrier team. First time in a long time that has been said. The Buckeyes will get some payback next season. Still a 100% bitch-move by JH for refusing to play Ohio State last season though.
Still not disappointed with the season. They had more freshman starting then they have in 80 years...just lack of experience and the defense has a ways to go. Even though they likely lose Olave and Wilson I think they will be miles better next year. Hopefully they have that elite CB and pass rusher next season like we've seen in previous seasons too.

I mean just think about all the impact players, most were freshman. Stroud, Henderson and half of the defense were freshman.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags @bksballer89

Just heard that it looks like your Domers are the frontrunners for Luke Fickell. Apparently, he was "staying close" to the USC job search, but wanted to wait and see what happened at ND.
This timeline is interesting based on what the public saw. Kelly occurs after USC is decided. I'm guessing that Fickell's agent had the scoop that Kelly was looking. Hindsight is clear that Kelly definitely wanted out. He apparently contacted Florida through his agent and essentially begged for the job and Florida passed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
--->Still not disappointed with the season. They had more freshman starting then they have in 80 years...just lack of experience and the defense has a ways to go. Even though they likely lose Olave and Wilson I think they will be miles better next year. Hopefully they have that elite CB and pass rusher next season like we've seen in previous seasons too.

I mean just think about all the impact players, most were freshman. Stroud, Henderson and half of the defense were freshman.

Totally agree with you. For how young this team is they had a fine regular season. But I will say because of the D Ohio State was over ranked all season long. Just another example of why I pay little attention to the ranking until after the CCG's.

Olave & Wilson will be missed. But still have Smith-Njigba & another wr will step up. You think anything will change with the coaches on the defensive side of the ball?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch them lose to Iowa
I hope so. I'm holding out a 1% hope that ND and Freeman do the unthinkable and turn Brian Kelly into the college football's version of Bill Frieder, haha.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren’t reading it all apparently, and looking for excuses. We will see what happens, but you got a recruit saying he has been getting text messages from an ou coach as if he represents USC. That’s a problem.

lol

Y'all are having an epic meltdown.

From my post, I clearly read the entire article. I didn't see a tweet from Jackson. Here are the pertinent quotes from the article:

"In an article written by Greg Biggins of 247Sports, Jackson talked about Lincoln Riley “blowing up [his] phone” trying to get an in-home visit together. He talked about hearing from new USC defensive coordinator Alex Grinch and also Roy Manning, the cornerbacks coach who worked under Grinch at Oklahoma."

So Roy Manning does his job and contacts a 5* recruit as an OU coach and you guys have him as some kind of "double agent" working on behalf of Riley and USC? If I'm him and Riley (or anyone else) offers me a job. I'm gone.

"Here’s the thing: Manning is still recruiting for Oklahoma. Why is he talking to a recruit being pursued by USC?"

Again, is this a real question? He's the defensive backs coach for Oklahoma who's recruiting a 5* defensive back. Is that not his job?

The rest of the article is all of the angry tweets from OU fans.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch them lose to Iowa
Very well could happen and I will laugh my ass off. They had a great gameplan vs Ohio St but the weather was also a huge factor, it played right into their gameplan.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't good.

Heat's Udonis Haslem warns Jokic brothers not to 'start trouble' ahead of Nuggets rematch: 'Miami is my city'

Well first of all the Jokic brother's seem a little crazy. They grew up in war torn Serbia. Halsem saying this is only gonna get things going. Those two Serb's aren't to be fucked with.

Haslem's sticking up for his teammate who's a cheap-shot artist. The Jokic boys are sticking up for their little brother.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't good.

Heat's Udonis Haslem warns Jokic brothers not to 'start trouble' ahead of Nuggets rematch: 'Miami is my city'

Well first of all the Jokic brother's seem a little crazy. They grew up in war torn Serbia. Halsem saying this is only gonna get things going. Those two Serb's aren't to be fucked with.

Haslem's sticking up for his teammate who's a cheap-shot artist. The Jokic boys are sticking up for their little brother.

The game happened already. There were no issues. Time to move on

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't good.

I get that Haslem is a badass, but he's an NBA badass. That's not quite the same level as the Jokic brothers. lol