• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had a kid that worked for me roughly 12 years ago. He played qb at WMU and his dad was his receivers coach at CMU, Cincy and ND for a spell. Even then he didn't seem to think Kelly was a good dude. He also said James Harrison is just about the worst human being on the planet.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is the early signing period. Teams have recruiting classes to try to save and players they'd rather not lose in the portal. Without the early signing period, that's more than likely exactly how it would have happened.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Kelly is a real piece of shit, has been for a long time. Sounds like he will fit in with LSU

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the early signing period. Teams have recruiting classes to try to save and players they'd rather not lose in the portal. Without the early signing period, that's more than likely exactly how it would have happened.

The early signing period has created the Wild West. It has to be addressed, because not everyone has integrity.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early signing period has created the Wild West. It has to be addressed, because not everyone has integrity.

It's not even really about integrity. It's about timing. Prior to the early signing period, we might see a coach leave a school before a bowl game, then the school decides if they want to let him coach the bowl game or not.

I can't remember this stuff happening before ccg's or in ND's case, when they have a chance at the cfp. I get why they have an early signing period, I just don't think it was well thought out. It's like they just picked an arbitrary date without researching how that date effects schedules.

Honestly, I'm not sure they could have picked a worse date if they tried.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even really about integrity. It's about timing. Prior to the early signing period, we might see a coach leave a school before a bowl game, then the school decides if they want to let him coach the bowl game or not.

I can't remember this stuff happening before ccg's or in ND's case, when they have a chance at the cfp. I get why they have an early signing period, I just don't think it was well thought out. It's like they just picked an arbitrary date without researching how that date effects schedules.

Honestly, I'm not sure they could have picked a worse date if they tried.

So you don’t think a coach basically being allowed to recruit for another school than who is paying him for 4 months speaks to integrity? That’s what happened.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don’t think a coach basically being allowed to recruit for another school than who is paying him for 4 months speaks to integrity? That’s what happened.

lol

That's what Sooner fans want to think happened.

Even if it did, what's he supposed to do? Not recruit because he might take another job? Or tell the recruit...I want you go come to Oklahoma, but I'm negotiating with another school and might leave? Suppose he did that, killed his own recruiting class and then things didn't work out with the other school? Then he ends up with a low ranked recruiting class, makes it harder to recruit in the future and then, when he's not winning as much, fans start calling for his head.

From what I've heard, there are some Oklahoma fans that wanted him fired before this. Basically, you're expecting him to stay until the school decides they don't want him there anymore, but he's not allowed to decide for himself that he doesn't want to be there anymore.

Also, according to what Dan Patrick just said (literally as I'm typing) that he heard...Riley didn't want to go to LSU, but he was using that negotiation to get a raise from Oklahoma and Oklahoma didn't want to do that. Then he heard that USC might be willing to pay what LSU would.

So, it looks like OU may have had a chance to keep him and chose not to.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone explain this bizarre logic?

Over on that other site meeeechegan super-homer maizeNblue09 said UofM would have beaten Ohio State last year because of what happened this past weekend.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

That's what Sooner fans want to think happened.

Even if it did, what's he supposed to do? Not recruit because he might take another job? Or tell the recruit...I want you to go comer to Oklahoma, but I'm negotiating with another and might leave? Suppose he did that, killed his own recruiting class and then things didn't work out with the other school? Then he ends up with a low ranked recruiting class, makes it harder to recruit in the future and then, when he's not winning as much, fans start calling for his head.

From what I've heard, there are some Oklahoma fans that wanted him fired before this. Basically, you're expecting him to stay until the school decides they don't want him there anymore, but he's not allowed to decide for himself that he doesn't want to be there anymore.

Also, according to what Dan Patrick just said (literally as I'm typing) that he heard...Riley didn't want to go to LSU, but he was using that negotiation to get a raise from Oklahoma and Oklahoma didn't want to do that. Then he heard that USC might be willing to do pay what LSU would.

So, it looks like OU may have had a chance to keep him and chose not to.

And it gets uglier

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags @bksballer89

Just heard that it looks like your Domers are the frontrunners for Luke Fickell. Apparently, he was "staying close" to the USC job search, but wanted to wait and see what happened at ND.