• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early draft pick, instant starter, team dumps him after 4 years, bounces around to multiple teams before finding a new home and starting job. Which part doesn't match? Sure specifics will vary. I suppose Baker is still missing the Pro Bowl invite.
Every part. Literally every single part. Geno was a career backup. Bad comparison, whoever made it

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro bowl in 2022 doesn't read as "only started because Drew Lock sucks". Drew Lock's only starts in Seattle were this year when Geno was hurt.

You understand that the Pro Bowl is awarded after the season, right?

He only started because Wilson left and Lock sucks. The fact that he played well last season is why he got another shot this year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he maybe tried to hire BB, but BB wanted more power than Jerry would give him.
That’s a dangerous game to be kicking tires before you’ve fired your coach. If word gets out…really bad look.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which part doesn't match? How about Geno not starting out with any good seasons and made a backup fairly quickly?

Want to say his 4-5 starting seasons means not a career backup? That case can be made if that's your opinion.....but his career trajectory has been nothing like Baker. Bad comparison.

Geno has been a backup for 6 of his 10 years. If Wilson was still there, or they had a better option than Lock, Geno wouldn't have started either of the past 2 seasons.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early draft pick, instant starter, team dumps him after 4 years, bounces around to multiple teams before finding a new home and starting job. Which part doesn't match? Sure specifics will vary. I suppose Baker is still missing the Pro Bowl invite.

Turns out Mayfield was smart wanting outta Carolina. The owner's had the team for 6 or 7 years and already has had 5 or 6 HC's.

There was no way the Rams would keep Mayfield, they have Stafford.

Now you and the other regulars in the NBA threads know what I think of him. Not a fan of his. But I think BM's found a home in TB.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a dangerous game to be kicking tires before you’ve fired your coach. If word gets out…really bad look.

I was really hoping the Steelers would part ways with Tomlin. Those mutha fuckas!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which part doesn't match? How about Geno not starting out with any good seasons and made a backup fairly quickly?

Want to say his 4-5 starting seasons means not a career backup? That case can be made if that's your opinion.....but his career trajectory has been nothing like Baker. Bad comparison.

What about "general arc" do you not understand? Starter, no second contract from his drafting team, bounces around, finds new starting job to re-establish his career. That is the arc. I didn't define years, clearly Geno's path was a little more drawn out. Never claimed they were similar players either. Smith was the 39th pick overall, he shouldn't have the early success that #1 has. Was still the day 1 starter.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about "general arc" do you not understand? Starter, no second contract from his drafting team, bounces around, finds new starting job to re-establish his career. That is the arc. I didn't define years, clearly Geno's path was a little more drawn out. Never claimed they were similar players either. Smith was the 39th pick overall, he shouldn't have the early success that #1 has. Was still the day 1 starter.

and he was awful and Baker set the rookie record for td passes

agree Baker should be better.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every part. Literally every single part. Geno was a career backup. Bad comparison, whoever made it

Starter two years at the beginning and the most recent 2 years. Career backup does not include a return to starting, including a pro-bowl invite. He had to rebuild after a tough start with the Jets.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homers getting in their feels even over generalized statements about a career arc.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homers getting in their feels even over generalized statements about a career arc.

I just know I thought it funny we said Geno had no red flags while being hot trash for 7 years.

Baker has been underwhelming for a top pick....no doubt but he will definitely get a similar contract as Geno. I don't know how this is even a discussion.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KS is a good coach man. He gets my vote for a few years at least to make the playoffs with this shit show of injuries.

Completely agree. I've never said he isn't a good coach. Actually proved he was without a doubt this season. Hopefully the injury bug doesn't clobber our team next season.

I just wanted the Steelers to get rid of Tomlin and replace him with oh I don't know, Hue Jackson.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree but Didn't he interview BB? Thought I heard reports they met....maybe I'm mistaken or reports were wrong?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KS is a good coach man. He gets my vote for a few years at least to make the playoffs with this shit show of injuries.
sure seems like he is....for the most part he has had a mediocre at best or injured QB and an awful defense in most of the games he has coached but has gone 37-30. Possibly with 2 COTY awards.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of that matches but how about one has also been a starting QB week one in every season he has played which makes it tough to call him a career backup? well, not for you, it seems.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is a homer? One guy who thinks your comments are absurd is not a fan of the Browns nor any team baker has played for.

You are trying to say a guy who has started week 1 every season and nearly every week since he has been in the league has the same trajectory as a guy who was a backup in more than half his seasons in the league and took a long time to have any success.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is a homer? One guy who thinks your comments are absurd is not a fan of the Browns nor any team baker has played for.

You are trying to say a guy who has started week 1 every season and nearly every week since he has been in the league has the same trajectory as a guy who was a backup in more than half his seasons in the league and took a long time to have any success.

gen·er·al /ˈjen(ə)rəl/ considering or including the main features or elements of something, and disregarding exceptions; overall.